Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Nov 24, 2015

Erik Larsen and Todd McFarlane join forces on "Spawn," but how do their styles blend? Plus, The Epic Gen13 Re-Read continues as the team is on the run.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

The #25 thing worked out pretty well for Stormwatch, it seemed to have been planned pretty well. Brigade and Bloodstrike didn't make it to 25 issues so we'll never know about those, lol.

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

Yes, at last! I grew up on a steady diet of Todd Mcfarlane & Erik Larsen comics. I absolutely loved Larsen's run on Doom Patrol & Spider-Man. Savage Dragon was simply the next logical step. Of course Mcfarlane's work on Batman & Spidey too. But I love that Spawn is just a completely different beast in terms or art & direction.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

Jeff Mariotte

A couple of points, here. I'm not defending my scripting on the Gen13 issue, but it was my second professional scripting job, and it had to be done on the spur of the moment, because Brandon had gone out of town somewhere. The art was done, so the book had to go to Quebecor (Ronald's, then) ASAP, and somebody realized it needed words. I had filled the same role on Union #2, and I was there, so... Somewhere around 150 comics, 50+ novels, and more later, I think I'm a bit better.

Thanks for the nice comment about Desperadoes, too. News on that coming soonish.

As for the #25 issues--that was never a multi-studio concept. Stormwatch #25 was planned out so the issues leading up to that would actually make the #25 issue sense. It was only meant to be for that one book, and it was a clever idea (not my idea--I'm not sure now whose it was). Extreme Studios got a look at our solicitation somehow (I know the story I've been told, but I'm not repeating it in a public forum...), and decided to make it an Image Comics event instead of a WildStorm event. Except they didn't follow through like WildStorm did.

--Jeff
    http://jeffmariotte.com