Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSandhu View Post
    No, Talia freed Netz from his prison and gave him the means to make Leviathan a reality. Everything Netz says Leviathan will do, Leviathan does in Batman Incorporated.

The only thing I'm confused on is St. Hadrian's School. In Leviathan Strikes it is shown to be training girls for Leviathan as per Netz's prophecy here. However, the headmistress is shown and when Batman hears that title he determines it is Spyral that is behind the school. Yet in the last issue, Kathy claims Spyral had been closing in on Leviathan when she headshots Talia. So, what is the relationship between Spyral and Leviathan?
    Ya tha kind of got me too. It seems like Leviathan has infiltrated Spyral and the 2 sisters are fighting for contrlo. Just a theory. I'm not sure who is who which is a good thing. I'm loving the twists and turns.
    Last edited by OWL45; 11-26-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSandhu View Post
    No, Talia freed Netz from his prison and gave him the means to make Leviathan a reality. Everything Netz says Leviathan will do, Leviathan does in Batman Incorporated.

The only thing I'm confused on is St. Hadrian's School. In Leviathan Strikes it is shown to be training girls for Leviathan as per Netz's prophecy here. However, the headmistress is shown and when Batman hears that title he determines it is Spyral that is behind the school. Yet in the last issue, Kathy claims Spyral had been closing in on Leviathan when she headshots Talia. So, what is the relationship between Spyral and Leviathan?
    The exact relationship was never defined in explicit terms, though the freelance nature of the schoolteachers, Pyg involvement and connections to Scorpiana and others at least indicate that St. Hadrian's had a working relationship with Spyral and was an asset that Dedalus might have been able to bend to Talia's purposes with the Leviathan campaign. We also knew that Hood was working for T.H.E.Y. (as was the traitorous first Matron) so essentially, once Dedalus's escape and subsequent theft and sale of Spyral assets to Leviathan happened, Kathy, connected very much with T.H.E.Y., and St. Hadrian's itself is Kathy's brainchild, swoops in and cleans up the whole situation, taking over the remaining assets of Spyral and becoming the new Agent Zero to clean up her father's mess. Everything about St. Hadrian's reflects Kathy. The skull girls wear original vintage Batwoman costumes with skulls. They use the original Batwoman purse style weapons. The Son of Pyg reflects the Daughter of Dedalus, while also ironically I guess paralleling the pig/spider relationship of Charlotte's Web. Scorpiana, prize pupil of that school who has become an evil assassin and affiliated with the Black Glove's Club of Villains, keeps turning up, and has some incredible parallels with Kathy's relationship with El Gaucho.

Spyral was effectively defunct when Dedalus escaped his island and started reactivating secret stashes of assets, and Kathy was presumably running St. Hadrian's and T.H.E.Y., so the Spyral takeover was something that was then re-taken-over.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Maybe i missed something by I still don't really get why Spyral is evil (or more evil than other spy agencies) and has to be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Maybe i missed something by I still don't really get why Spyral is evil (or more evil than other spy agencies) and has to be destroyed.
    Spyral isn't evil. Its shady and mysterious, and works in the grey, but its not inherently evil. But as we have just learned it is still being influenced by Netz, and thats a problem.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-02-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It wasn't about destorying them initially, it was about finding out what they knew about the masked heros. And when that was over, Dick went home. Only to be reeled back in by Kathy Kane. And then finding out that Nazi scientist Otto Netz is under it all.