Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I was suprised too and suprised at the depth of the story that some complained was superficial. One of the best books DC is putting out.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Really liked this issue. The fact that Robin war seems filler to th e spyral story is frustrating. I'm still debating getting the rest of Robin war.

Can't wait for 16, the story is awesome. So Lika,Netz is called Katrina in flashback I guess that pretty much becomes Kathy in the end. Would be great if it is Kathy kane
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Really liked this issue. The fact that Robin war seems filler to th e spyral story is frustrating. I'm still debating getting the rest of Robin war.
    Right? I've been looking forward to Robin War but at the same time I'm not really happy to have Grayson's story interrupted for a tie-in. I feel like the crossover can't possibly be as interesting as this book already is.

Creepy old Otto is back... sort of. Or is he? It's good to get some intel finally on the old demonic spider people breathing down Helena's neck.

Astonishing Member

Great stuff - and nice to see it doesn't sacrifice it's ongoing story for Robin War. No "Wait, we need to get back to Gotham!" tag at the end - you can't help but imagine that #15 will lift right out, and #16 will continue on from what we saw here. Presumably with Midnighter involved, given his pointed presence in the city.

And this was good stuff - on the one hand, this is Dick's Clever Hero Plan paying off. He's got to the dirt, knows what he's facing, and is coming away armed with knowledge of the battle he has to fight. On the other hand, he's betraying his friends for his own agenda, and his hypnotic manipulation of Ladytron was downright creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    And this was good stuff - on the one hand, this is Dick's Clever Hero Plan paying off. He's got to the dirt, knows what he's facing, and is coming away armed with knowledge of the battle he has to fight. On the other hand, he's betraying his friends for his own agenda, and his hypnotic manipulation of Ladytron was downright creepy.
    Ya, i wonder if Ladytron's gonna have a bone to pick with him down the line.

Another fantastic issue. I wasn't expecting Helena to flip that switch! I know she "killed" Dick when Minos commanded her but I thought that their relationship had progressed and she wouldn't be able to attack him now. I'm delighted really. Makes the whole story feel like the stakes are really high. I wonder if Tiger is going to come clean about Agent 8 and does he know Alia is working with Frau Netz?

After reading Robin SOB I'm really looking forward to Robin War but it's a shame it will delay the current Grayson arc.

I wonder how this will get collected in trade. It seems that you have a definite arc in #9-12 and then the Superman Annual. #13, 14, 16, and #17 all seem like one continuous arc, possibly ending at #18. The Robin War tie-in seems out of place in the current order, so it may just be collected at beginning or end of a trade.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I wonder how this will get collected in trade. It seems that you have a definite arc in #9-12 and then the Superman Annual. #13, 14, 16, and #17 all seem like one continuous arc, possibly ending at #18. The Robin War tie-in seems out of place in the current order, so it may just be collected at beginning or end of a trade.
    Grayson #15 is bit more then just a tie-in to Robin War since it is part two of the event. (Only Gotham Academy, Red Hood/Arsenal and Teen Titans are listed officially as tie-ins to the event.) I image it will be collected in the Robin War trade and that it may not even be collected in the Grayson trades.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Yeah, Volume 3 will probably be Grayson 9-12 and Grayson Annual #2. Volume 4 might be Grayson 13-14 and Grayson 16-18. My guess is that Grayson 15 will not be collected in a Grayson volume at all, but published separately in the Robin War trade.

I was totally expecting the payoff of Deadalus' speech to be the revelation his way of cheating death was by becoming Mr. Minos.

Theeeeennn they revealed the girls and I was thrown off big time. This one was a thinker. Good issue.

P.s. I hope Netz's subconscious is uploaded by someone other than Elizabeth. I'd love Minos to return and steal "the Spyder" from Spyral

Spyral mythology really expanded and it was a great link to Batman Inc.

My pet theory: Kate wants Dick to destroy whatever is left of the Netz to break the circle and take complete control of the organization.

Really loved this issue. I read Batman Inc and felt that the Spyral and Nettz felt kind of weak and unresolved but that's changing here. Plus, that Nettz uploaded his mind and became the Spyder is a good way of bringing him back as a villain. And the sisters thing is awesome. One the Spyral and the other the Leviathan. This changes things greatly though from Leviathan being just something Talia cooked together for Bruce to fight. So, does this mean Talia usurped Leviathan? And will Leviathan emerge again as a threat for Grayson?

Also, in so waiting for the eventual meeting of Kathy and Dick. Can't wait for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Incredible Member

I think the Leviathon here is metaphorical, and it's more than the sister who gets that role is to play against him (forever?). More spyrals and circles.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Really loved this issue. I read Batman Inc and felt that the Spyral and Nettz felt kind of weak and unresolved but that's changing here. Plus, that Nettz uploaded his mind and became the Spyder is a good way of bringing him back as a villain. And the sisters thing is awesome. One the Spyral and the other the Leviathan. This changes things greatly though from Leviathan being just something Talia cooked together for Bruce to fight. So, does this mean Talia usurped Leviathan? And will Leviathan emerge again as a threat for Grayson?

Also, in so waiting for the eventual meeting of Kathy and Dick. Can't wait for that.
    No, Talia freed Netz from his prison and gave him the means to make Leviathan a reality. Everything Netz says Leviathan will do, Leviathan does in Batman Incorporated.

The only thing I'm confused on is St. Hadrian's School. In Leviathan Strikes it is shown to be training girls for Leviathan as per Netz's prophecy here. However, the headmistress is shown and when Batman hears that title he determines it is Spyral that is behind the school. Yet in the last issue, Kathy claims Spyral had been closing in on Leviathan when she headshots Talia. So, what is the relationship between Spyral and Leviathan?