Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RIp Hunter series now.

in the wake of Legends of Tomorrow uncoming debut, I think is time to give Rip Hunter, Time Master a new series. Or a first series, I really don't know if there has been a Time Master previous series.

First, to take advantage of the multimedia synergy (whatever that means) by having a comic with the character on it.

Second, to give the post Flashpoint universe some semblance of history. We know how much necessary is that. A series with a time traveller exploring time could help to rebuilt that idea, at least partially.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I'd be all for a Rip Hunter series. He isn't used much.

Spectacular Member

I most definitely agree. Rip Hunter seems like a very interesting character and he could be portrayed as DC version of Doctor Who. The character even predates Doctor Who by 4 years (go figure). Anyway I definitely believe DC should give this character more exposure, not like Marvel has a time-traveling superhero that predates The Doctor (nothing against Dr. Who btw, I really dig the Third Doctor).

I've been scaling back what i buy lately, but this.....this i would buy in a heart beat!!!

Incredible Member

Maybe they will release one sometime after Legends of Tomorrow premieres.

Yeah the American Doctor Who needs a series
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I would love this but this is the company who didn't even put out a Supergirl comic when her show debuted so I won't get my hopes up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vrvr1 View Post
    I would love this but this is the company who didn't even put out a Supergirl comic when her show debuted so I won't get my hopes up.
    Well, they are likely going to take a wait and see approach. Considering Supergirls ratings are going down the toilet, they probably will not release a new comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Well, they are likely going to take a wait and see approach. Considering Supergirls ratings are going down the toilet, they probably will not release a new comic.
    It's got more viewers than Flash and Arrow so should DC cancel these comic books too?

Incredible Member

It's got more viewers than Flash and Arrow so should DC cancel these comic books too?
    Considering how bad those comics are right now probably.

Flash and Arrow are on basic cable, those numbers are actually high by their standards.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Considering how bad those comics are right now probably.
    I have to agree there. I cringe when I think of fans of the TV shows going into their local comic shops to try out one of these titles.

A Rip Hunter series is fine by me, as long as Booster Gold features in it prominently.

BANNED

Rip Hunter is like a more interesting version of Doctor Who. I personally don't know what you guys see in that show.
    Last edited by Starchild; 11-28-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Rip Hunter is like a more interesting version of Doctor Who. I personally don't know what you guys see in that show.
    There's like 13 different versions of the Doctor so that's not really possible for him to be a more interesting version of all of them.
    second my post was actually two references and not a shot at Rip Hunter.
    1. The actual American Doctor Who that was made but only for one movie.
    2. The guy that's playing Rip Hunter was in Doctor Who as the 11th companion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I don't see what anybody sees in any version of Dr Who but my only caveat with a Rip Hunter show is that it would wallow in sanitized American History which is mostly propagandistic garbage and not nearly as interesting as the real deal. Also it would have to have a heckuva budget to really pull off a series set in a different historical/futuristic setting each week or so.