Super Moderator

Default How "Batman: Hush" Influenced Sterling Gates on "Adventures of Supergirl"

The writer tells CBS about his return to "Supergirl" with a new comic based on the CBS series influenced by "Hush" and Hayao Miyazaki films.

Full article here.

Supergirl by way of Miyazaki?

Amazing Member

I didn't know about Supergirl's influence on Gates growing up but it makes sense after reading his terrific run years ago. He & Supergirl certainly fall into the category of Creator and Character being made for each other. On the strength of that run, and my enjoyment of the current series, this will be the first DC digital first series I give a try right out of the gate. Hopefully it delivers on what Gates is hoping for and he gets another opportunity to bring Supergirl to life either through another TV tie in comic run, or another in-universe series...maybe even with Jamal Igle again. Looking forward to this.

Why does she have fangs in that one panel lol?
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

As a rule I am not a huge fan of comic adaptations of TV properties, but the writer and at least two of the three artists have me lining up for this.

BTW HAWKEYE-321: as you have Shazam on your list of favorite characters, I can tell that you are an exceptional human being.