Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Justice League of America #5

With the League utterly defeated by Rao, only the failsafes devised by Batman can possibly save them now!

Full preview here.

Bryan Hitch is out? So am I! This art sucks big time.

When I heard Williams was going to do an issue of JLA i was pretty excited, but I feel I need to follow my commitment of never buying a comic book from Matt Kindt ever again.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Amazing Member

How does Rob Liefeld get the hate he does and artists like Tan go on unscathed? I understand art being stylistic but this is just bad art.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What the hell? Did I miss something? What happened to Hitch?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What the hell? Did I miss something? What happened to Hitch?
    it's a fill in story. no surprised Hitch couldn't keep the monthly schedule but they should have at least made sure he had the first arc in the bag before starting.

but going to a completely different story right in the middle of the first one is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    When I heard Williams was going to do an issue of JLA i was pretty excited, but I feel I need to follow my commitment of never buying a comic book from Matt Kindt ever again.
    haha why is that commitment? i ask cuz i kinda feel the same
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

This was decent but I didn't realize just how unrelated to the current JLA story this was going to be. I might have skipped this had I known, but the solicit was completely misleading: "With the League utterly defeated by Rao, only the failsafes devised by Batman can possibly save them now!"

Maybe there's plans for Martian Manhunter to get back into the League or something down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    This was decent but I didn't realize just how unrelated to the current JLA story this was going to be. I might have skipped this had I known, but the solicit was completely misleading: "With the League utterly defeated by Rao, only the failsafes devised by Batman can possibly save them now!"

Maybe there's plans for Martian Manhunter to get back into the League or something down the road.
    I seem to remember that Kindt was slated to write a Martian Manhunter title back in the days of JLA vol. 1, this was probably a script for that project with some tweaks by Williams to make it fit into his current MM-story. Kind of a strange way to handle things, but nonetheless I did enjoy this issue.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Always Rakzo

Not bad but not great, it was good to connect both Kindt's and Williams' works on the character though.

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    haha why is that commitment? i ask cuz i kinda feel the same
    I just refuse to read books by people who I feel scammed by. Fool me once...
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Felt like a bridge between Manhunter in previous JLA and his current ongoing. Honestly, there wasn't anything particularly interesting and I don't feel like the bridge was necessary. Feels like DC really wanted to get out another JLA issue before year ends and this was "good enough".

wait what? Is this a joke? I'm so confused
    The J-man

BANNED

haven't even read this yet, but i really dislike fill in stories, especially when they come from a completely different creative team in the middle of an arc.

JLA by Hitch has been ok so far... i just hate when DC or Marvel does this...

I didn't like the villain when he first appeared in the MM backups in JLA by Matt Kindt but he seemed cool here and looked like a cool rogue for J'onn.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.