Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

So I immediately passed over this when I saw Kindt's name on the cover, but I didn't realize Rob Williams was also in on the writing. Is this worth picking up if I love his current Martian Manhunter series?

This was so disorienting. I thought maybe I had a stroke and had just imagined the Rao storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Forever View Post
    So I immediately passed over this when I saw Kindt's name on the cover, but I didn't realize Rob Williams was also in on the writing. Is this worth picking up if I love his current Martian Manhunter series?
    I'm not reading his Martian Manhunter series, but I honestly think I liked this issue of JLA more than any one of the four that have preceded it. It's completely Martian Manhunter-centric, too.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Forever View Post
    It hints at something being strange about Manhunter's memories of his past, but nothing too relevant to what is happening in his ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    I just refuse to read books by people who I feel scammed by. Fool me once...
    Care to elaborate...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Care to elaborate...?
    His FE: jla was horrible it was all a dream filler and I don't support writers who mislead for sales
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Yeah, that was one of the most pointless tie-ins if I have ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    His FE: jla was horrible it was all a dream filler and I don't support writers who mislead for sales
    Yeah that story was aweful but they didn't really give Kindt much to work with. They pretty much said "You can't use any characters besides J'onn and Stargirl and the plot can no way effect the events of Forever Evil." But the Villains Month one shots he did were also terrible so maybe it was his fault after all. Maybe a better writer could have made that Justice League of America story work.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah that story was aweful but they didn't really give Kindt much to work with. They pretty much said "You can't use any characters besides J'onn and Stargirl and the plot can no way effect the events of Forever Evil." But the Villains Month one shots he did were also terrible so maybe it was his fault after all. Maybe a better writer could have made that Justice League of America story work.
    To be fair, most of the Villains Month issues were bad to terrible regardless of the writer.

Kindt's Valiant work is really good.

From memory: Killer Croc, Clayface, Black Adam, Society, Vertigo, Dial E, Arcane, First Born, Manta, Ocean Master, Metallo, Bizzaro, Parasite were decent to good.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    From memory: Killer Croc, Clayface, Black Adam, Society, Vertigo, Dial E, Arcane, First Born, Manta, Ocean Master, Metallo, Bizzaro, Parasite were decent to good.
    Zod was great as well, it's strange that they didn't run with the stuff that was set up there.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Zod was great as well, it's strange that they didn't run with the stuff that was set up there.
    DC does that all the time.

few examples: they set up Steve Trevor and ARGUS only to have them disappear. Simon Baz as Green Lantern, and where is he now? Shazam solo was teased forever yet never materialized. etc etc...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    DC does that all the time.

few examples: they set up Steve Trevor and ARGUS only to have them disappear. Simon Baz as Green Lantern, and where is he now? Shazam solo was teased forever yet never materialized. etc etc...
    Simon Baz was dropped the minute Johns was given the ability to use Hal in the Justice League again, thanks to the DCYou's focus on looser continuity. Which is sad, in a way, since it was supposed to be Simon, not Barry, who was going to teach Jessica how to control her powers. Simon was supposed to be the Lantern capable of performing impossible tasks, which is why he was the perfect mentor for a woman whose ring was literally killing her.

Shazam is under the thumb of Johns, who won't let him go. It's also why it took so long to get a Cyborg solo.