Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    ^They've NEVER been portrayed as "buddy buddy" in the films. At best, they're colleagues who can be cordial to each other at times. But most of the time that they've interacted onscreen, it been to argue, bicker, and/or fight. And that's why the whole "so was I" lines that's meant to be really tragic/emotional falls flat, ESPECIALLY because they're drawing a comparison to Steve/Bucky's dynamic.

So either they're just going with the "they bonded offscreen" thing, which is a lazy cheat, or they're relying on the audience knowing the Steve/Tony dynamic from the comics, which doesn't work either because this isn't the comics and most of the GA wouldn't have read the comics anyway.
    But the feels.

It just seems like a really stupid line, and I do not get why anyone would care like some people here seem to...beside that being a purely fanboy reaction based on nothing from the multiple movies we've seen. I mean, I get the fanboy reaction, but then that realization that it doesn't really make any sense should start to dawn on you. It really feels like they stopped mapping out this whole share universe thing once they got to The Avengers...not even after The Avengers, because the ending of Thor seems to hint at something somewhat different than what The Avengers ended up going with. Does Age of Ulton just kind of reset the two back to their dynamic from the first Avengers? Maybe I'll end up watching that movie sometime later.

While I hate to be that guy, anyone knows where I can find an analysis of the performances of the Civil War trailer in the first 24hrs compared to the performance of the BVS trailer? I seem to remember BVS and SS getting to 30m views in a day or two but I'm not sure.

BANNED

Any chance the "So was I" line is Tony being a smart ass?

No?

Well, OK then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    While I hate to be that guy, anyone knows where I can find an analysis of the performances of the Civil War trailer in the first 24hrs compared to the performance of the BVS trailer? I seem to remember BVS and SS getting to 30m views in a day or two but I'm not sure.
    The day after the trailer debuted I think Civil War was around 20m+ views but that was only the Jimmy Kimmel clip.

I'm not sure how many views BvS and SS got exactly around that period so it'd be difficult to make a direct comparison.