Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Jeezus there's going to be so many superheroes fighting next year. Batman v. Superman followed by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hopefully it ends with Cap finally getting taken down a peg. Because LORD am I tired of Marvel's Gary Stu-ing him, at the expense of other heroes.
    In the comics he was taken down a peg...then Dark Reign hit them all and i wonder how many of the pro regs where thinking "Why did i listen to Stark and Richards?".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I wonder where Fury is when all this goes down and why Panther sides with the US government?
    I don't think it's really him siding with the US govt, as much as it is him agreeing with the premise that the Avengers are allowed to do whatever they want, free of limitations and checks 'n balances. The Hulk attacked an African city, and nothing happened to him. Innocents (likely) died, but nothing really happened to him, nor were the Avengers held accountable for bringing him along.

BP is a world leader, and it's likely all of the United Nations looking at this seriously, as the Avengers have entered foreign countries with no jurisdiction, but their own.

That is a problem, and wouldn't be tolerated in the real world at all.

BANNED

Meh. That's it? Looks like more of the same.

Ultimate Member

No he didn't, he was played up as being right there to. And then he came back during Reborn and it's back to "Cap is always right. Cap is oh so awesome and can do no wrong, and lets some other heroes through the mud in order to prove that." And that's been the case ever since. Oh and Dark Reign wasn't Tony's fault either, sorry but it just wasn't.

Honestly the most cathartic thing for me would be to see Cap pounded six feet into the pavement utterly defeated while Tony stands over him telling him that he's NOT God's gift to man and that he's NOT always right. Of course that'll never happen, but a guy can dream.

BANNED

In the comics he was taken down a peg...then Dark Reign hit them all and i wonder how many of the pro regs where thinking "Why did i listen to Stark and Richards?".
    Dark Reign was not Stark or Richards. That was the Norman Osborn, and the US govt rewarding him for his efforts during the Secret Invasion, which, clearly, blew up in their faces.

Still, Steve DOES need to be taken down a peg, or two. Ross, and Tony, are right in terms of the big picture. Sure, right now he's saving his friend, and that's fine (even tho he's breaking laws to do so, despite talking a storm about doing things together in AoU...), but you can't have superhero team based in the US that has no checks 'n balances, that just cross foreign borders whenever they want to do whatever the hell they want, cause problems, and destroy cities without accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    So in the trailer a guy with a satchel is jumping on top of a car (at 1:55). Do you guys think that might be Peter Parker? .
    It's clearly Bucky as he's wearing the exact outfit seconds before.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Nope, not buying it. Not with how Tony's character has been up until now, and with the events of TWS happening only a few years earlier. Not buying BW on Team Cap either for that matter.
    He's the only character who has shown fear in the face of the many threats that the Avengers have gone up against. Fear is a powerful motivator for Tony. It helped move him along the path to creating Ultron and it pushed him to create Vision to counter Ultron. Now it is pushing him to back the accord that will limit Superheroes.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

That was the best part! A close second was when Team Cap charges at the Iron stooges (in a picture i saw it was Tony, Rhodey, Nat and now i saw BP so does anyone know who else is against Cap?). The only thing that would make this more awesome would be hints of Crossbones and Zemo.
    Thems fightin' words.

2016 is the year of Iron and Armor!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It's clearly Bucky as he's wearing the exact outfit seconds before.
    Bucky is too cool for European Hand Bags! :P

BANNED

No he didn't, he was played up as being right there to. And then he came back during Reborn and it's back to "Cap is always right. Cap is oh so awesome and can do no wrong, and lets some other heroes through the mud in order to prove that." And that's been the case ever since. Oh and Dark Reign wasn't Tony's fault either, sorry but it just wasn't.

Honestly the most cathartic thing for me would be to see Cap pounded six feet into the pavement utterly defeated while Tony stands over him telling him that he's NOT God's gift to man and that he's NOT always right. Of course that'll never happen, but a guy can dream.
    He doesn't need to be beaten into the ground (tho I think that will happen, as even both Steve and Bucky can't beat MCU Steve by themselves; we saw what Tony did to Ultron, 1-on-1, and what Cap couldn't), but Steve must be shown to be proven not only that he's wrong, but that he's a hypocrite.

You'd think after all the holier than thou lecturing, about following rules, and working together, that he'd see that he's doing exactly what he scolded Tony for doing. Which was doing what he felt was right, even at the detriment of the team.

Tho, he is Captain 'Murrica...

I wonder where Fury is when all this goes down and why Panther sides with the US government?
    It's not the U.S. Government. The film is about the governments around the world wanting more oversight over superheroes. Even in the trailer Ross says "You've operated with unlimited power and no supervision.That's something the world can no longer tolerate."

As a head of a nation T'Challa has a vested interest in protecting his nation. We saw the Avengers tear up 3 different countries without so much as asking for permission to enter. Plus Vibranium was involved ith the whole Ultron debacle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He's the only character who has shown fear in the face of the many threats that the Avengers have gone up against. Fear is a powerful motivator for Tony. It helped move him along the path to creating Ultron and it pushed him to create Vision to counter Ultron. Now it is pushing him to back the accord that will limit Superheroes.
    Which makes sense in the realistic world of the MCU. You can't just destroy cities, and cross foreign borders, whenever you want, and expect the world to NOT eventually turn on you. Plus, their cavalier attitude will influence other superpowered humans, too.

Then it's the road to Kingdom Come.

After AOU this story doesnt really make sense.
    Iron Man was the one doing things on his own which created some serious trouble and now he is preaching to cap to not do the same?

And the Bucky bit is cheesy. These people have all this high tech and they are not going to be able to tell the truth because we need this event to push the whole story..... wack.

BTW, is Cap now as strong as an Asgardian? Punching Iron Man and holding a helicopter?

Calm down i dont think Black Panther is on Ironmans team. More likely hes a 3rd party and its personal for him. Perhaps he knows buckys is innocnet but doesnt care. Bucky did some horrible stuff while Hydra had him. Could have easily done something in Wakanda maybe assasinated one of tchallas parents. Bucky finaly surfaces and hes getting some revenge. We only saw him attack bucky he was actualy running from cap. Could be the editing or he only wants to hurt bucky.

Kinda find it annoying that it appears like cap is holding up a helicopter and running down black panther. Two things a little beyond his limit, i get its his movie but seems like he keeps getting stronger. He passed peak human when he threw a motorcycle even if it he did use momentum to do it.