View Poll Results: Who's side are you on?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm with the Iron.

41 33.33%
  • I bleed Blue!

82 66.67%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I wonder how many of you anti-registration American men failed to register for the Selective Service, you know that law that requires all able bodied male citizens to register upon their 18th birthday. Show of hands?

As for registering Tony's brain, they've not tried to take his intellect or conscript HIM, just the things he developed. And in fact did get one, that's why there's a War Machine, but as far as I can tell Tony still gets to do his thing.
    Selective Service is a strawman here, because it is anything but selective in practice, applying as it does to all males (not just able bodied ones, they don't determine that until there's a draft and associated physicals).

And if that means you're against registration or conscription based on innate abilities such as intelligence, then aren't we in agreement? After all, Luke's strength and steelhard skin are a) just as much a part of him now as Tony's brain is a part of him and b) less potentially dangerous. So, if we're not going to require Tony to register his brain, we shouldn't expect Luke to register his powers.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 12-01-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Surprised no one in the MCU has tried to clone him or use him as a stud like a champion racehorse. Obviously with his father also been so intelligent, it does run in the bloodline.

I get the vibe that in the movies, this is basically a deconstruction of America's place in the world. Will we continue cowboying it up all over the world, or will we submit to the United Nations and global pressures? That's the vibe the trailer gives me, anyway.

BANNED

I support Cap's side if for no other reason than he's trying to keep his friend from being murdered by the government.