Fantastic Member

Default Princess Serenity vs. Super Sailor Moon

Princess Serenity using the power of the Silver Crystal vs. Super Sailor Moon using the power of the Holy Grail.

Who wins?

They are.... the same person? Depending on when you grab them, they even have the exact same doodads?

Unless you mean pre-Fall Princess Serenity, in which case Super Sailor Moon actually has combat feats.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    They are.... the same person? Depending on when you grab them, they even have the exact same doodads?

Unless you mean pre-Fall Princess Serenity, in which case Super Sailor Moon actually has combat feats.
    Being jumped and murdered is technically a combat feat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    The question being asked is more or less as if asking whether Goku was stronger as a super saiyan during Namek than hypothetical end of series Goku using kaioken and no other supermode.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    The question being asked is more or less as if asking whether Goku was stronger as a super saiyan during Namek than hypothetical end of series Goku using kaioken and no other supermode.
    Something like that. I kinda want to know which form of Sailor Moon is more powerful: her princess form using the silver crystal or her super soldier form using the holy grail?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

As an answer to that question, kinda, Buu-saga Vegeta thought that staying in base form would be the only way he and Gohan could have any fair fights in a tournament including Piccolo and #18, both of whom make Namek-saga SSJ Goku look like a bug, and Buu-saga Goku was stronger than Vegeta at that point.

Also, currently end-of-series Goku has been retconned into likely being the one that had integrated a good portion of his SSG power into even his base form, so he could probably demolish Super Buu without too much effort.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-26-2015 at 04:20 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Well Going by that it is an interesting question indeed Estrecca, I will give a shot at it;

Honestly I would Go with Princess Serenity using the power of the Silver Crystal is stronger then Super Sailor Moon.

Now, I am going with the Belief that you Mean Princess Serenity at the end of the 1st Season of Sailor Moon when she was Facing Queen Beryl when she had the Full Power of Metalia from the 90's Anime. I am a bit rusty on all facts, but at that time the Silver Crystal had a good amount of its full power so it was Really Powerful, so much it could bring the Dead Back to Life and Fight on a Planetary Level!

Now while Super Sailor Moon was really Strong, she was not the chosen Warrior to Wield the Holy Grail that made her Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Saturn was for that role. While Super Sailor Moon more of a better combat fighter, pure power overwhelmingly and thus the Victory goes to:

Princess Serenity using the power of the Silver Crystal!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Well Going by that it is an interesting question indeed Estrecca, I will give a shot at it;

Honestly I would Go with Princess Serenity using the power of the Silver Crystal is stronger then Super Sailor Moon.

Now, I am going with the Belief that you Mean Princess Serenity at the end of the 1st Season of Sailor Moon when she was Facing Queen Beryl when she had the Full Power of Metalia from the 90's Anime. I am a bit rusty on all facts, but at that time the Silver Crystal had a good amount of its full power so it was Really Powerful, so much it could bring the Dead Back to Life and Fight on a Planetary Level!

Now while Super Sailor Moon was really Strong, she was not the chosen Warrior to Wield the Holy Grail that made her Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Saturn was for that role. While Super Sailor Moon more of a better combat fighter, pure power overwhelmingly and thus the Victory goes to:

Princess Serenity using the power of the Silver Crystal!
    So the Holy Grail < the Silver Crystal?? Also was Sailor Saturn really the warrior that the Holy Grail was meant for all along?

This is all I can think of when I see this thread title:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    So the Holy Grail < the Silver Crystal?? Also was Sailor Saturn really the warrior that the Holy Grail was meant for all along?
    Good Questions 7-Love!

I have not seen the Sailor Moon S series for to long, so I went back to do some research to get most of my facts straight but indeed they stay mostly the same.

Sailor Moon even thought she was able to use the Holy Grail to become Super that power was never really meant for her and she could not fully use it powers, unlike the Silver Crystal. Also, the Holy Grail was given to Hotaru by Sailor Moon, which Created Mistress 9 and in turn it was in full use when Hotaru got it and in turn it was gone from their. This lead to Sailor Saturn being awaken by this. So by most accounts how I view it the Holy Grail was meant for Hotaru/Mistress 9/Sailor Saturn.

Now also, in the end Mistress 9 being destroyed lead to Sailor Saturn and Sailor Saturn Nearly sacrificed herself to defeat Pharaoh 90 if not for Sailor Moon Going Super one last time, but that was not from the Grail but her Pure Heart's Desire coming threw one last time. So in the end while Sailor Moon could use the Grail to a Degree, it was never really meant for her to use to its full power.

The Silver Crystal was and even though using its full power does take the life of the user, it also depends on the user's skill with it too. But still, the Silver Crystal has shown to have allot more power IMO then the Holy Grail and but mainly with the level Sailor Moon was able to use it her fullest ability was not to the Holy Grail's really full ability, that was Hotaru seeming in the end.

Sailor Moon as Princess Serenity was seen to use IMO much more power of the Silver Crystal to a Level to Destroy the combo of Queen Beryl and Queen Metalia and Resurrect both her and all those she loved with it as well. Now she had help from the Spirits of the other Sailors, but still it was an impressive Feat and the wish of resurrection was Sailor Moon's.

So by my view, Indeed Princess Serenity with the Silver Crystal would be Stronger in a Head-to-Head with Super Sailor Moon!

Hope that Helps 7-Love!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

We going by anime or manga? Super Sailor Moon was pretty damn powerful there. Hell even in the anime she's pretty powerful. Plus SSM still has the Silver Crystal on top of the Holy Grail.

Plus by the time Usagi reached Super form, it's safe to say she had more control over/experience with the Silver Crystal than Princess Serenity did. But as far as which is more powerful, the Silver Crystal is. In the anime she uses it and her pure heart to transform into Super Sailor Moon after Mistress 9 destroyed the Grail. Not to mention it powers her Eternal form later.

The problem here isn't power, but experience. If you put Arc 1 Princess Serenity vs Arc 3 Super Sailor Moon, I'm going to pick SSM every time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    But as far as which is more powerful, the Silver Crystal is.
    Why is that?

Why is that?
    It grows in power as the series progresses. In the anime, the Holy Grail was just something that let her transform into Super Sailor Moon. Once Mistress 9 destroyed it, she used the power of her Heart Crystal to transform, then she didn't even need her Super form to destroy the last Daimon. In Super S it became her default form and then in Stars it powers her Eternal Form, which is much more powerful than whatever the Holy Grail could put out.

In the Manga the only thing the Grail did was hold the power of the other Sailor Senshi in order to let her transform. The Silver Crystal also later evolves into the Silver Moon Crystal.

The Silver Crystal has a TON of power, but it depends on the user. SSM has more experience with it than Princess Serenity from Season 1

Also....

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Sailor Moon even thought she was able to use the Holy Grail to become Super that power was never really meant for her and she could not fully use it powers, unlike the Silver Crystal. Also, the Holy Grail was given to Hotaru by Sailor Moon, which Created Mistress 9 and in turn it was in full use when Hotaru got it and in turn it was gone from their. This lead to Sailor Saturn being awaken by this. So by most accounts how I view it the Holy Grail was meant for Hotaru/Mistress 9/Sailor Saturn.
    The Grail was meant for both of them. Haruka mentions it in one of the episodes. One to save the world and one to bring about it's end. In the manga it's a little more clear cut. Like I mentioned above, the Grail held the power of the rest of the senshi, which allowed her to transform into Super Sailor Moon. In fact, the Deathbusters weren't even after the Grail. Mistress 9 and later Master Pharaoh 90 got their full strength whenever they got their hands on Chibi-Usa's Silver Crystal.

The Holy Grail is powerful in both mediums, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Silver Crystal.

Fantastic Member

The Grail was meant for both of them. Haruka mentions it in one of the episodes. One to save the world and one to bring about it's end.
    Was it meant for both Sailor Moon & Sailor Saturn, or was it meant for both Sailor Moon & Mistress 9?

In the manga it's a little more clear cut. Like I mentioned above, the Grail held the power of the rest of the senshi, which allowed her to transform into Super Sailor Moon. In fact, the Deathbusters weren't even after the Grail. Mistress 9 and later Master Pharaoh 90 got their full strength whenever they got their hands on Chibi-Usa's Silver Crystal.
    So the Grail (in the manga) held the power of how strong the senshi were during that particular arc in the manga? (for ex: Mercury Planet Power, Neptune Planet Power, etc.)? Were Chibi-Usa's powers also included into the Grail in the manga?

Also what were the Deathbusters after in the manga instead of the Grail?

Was it meant for both Sailor Moon & Sailor Saturn, or was it meant for both Sailor Moon & Mistress 9?
    Sailor Moon and Sailor Saturn most likely. Possibly why they call her the Silent Messiah

So the Grail (in the manga) held the power of how strong the senshi were during that particular arc in the manga? (for ex: Mercury Planet Power, Neptune Planet Power, etc.)? Were Chibi-Usa's powers also included into the Grail in the manga?

Also what were the Deathbusters after in the manga instead of the Grail?
    Pretty much. The Inners pooled their power, then the Outers. Chibi Moon didn't as far as I remember, but she DID gain her own Grail later on.

In the manga, the Deathbusters were basically about invasion. Gathering Heart Crystals to help release Master Pharaoh 90. Once they got ahold of a Silver Crystal they were almost unstoppable. Saturn's role was much more better defined as well.