Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    it was eh.

It was definitely a Captain America 3 trailer.

It however wasn't Civil War.

it was more "Winter Soldier: Part 2".
    I actually liked that about it. After Winter Soldier, I definitely wanted more from that story...to the point I wanted the next Captain America movie before the next Avengers movie.

As far as the trailer is concerned, I'm still not sold on having Iron Man as what seems to be the main antagonist. The Cap/Bucky friendship is strong and lots of things have been building up to their reunion, but I don't want it to be at the expense of Steve and Tony's partnership, which seemed irreparable after the comic book Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Not really... How can someone have serious issues with what doesn't yet exist, and is still in the formative stages. I do think they are basing the DCCU on a flawed film (MoS). But they could overcome that if they just stop doing everything with the same tone. I have high hopes for Wonder Woman breaking that cycle.
    I'm pretty sure the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie will have a different "tone."

Most of the MCU movies have a similar tone, to their detriment. Thankfully, the Cap movies stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    And I freely admit that Suicide Squad fully fits that look and style.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the look/tone of Suicide Squad. But I also like David Ayer as a director. Seems like a match.

Amazing Member

Omg it looks so good!!!!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

It looks like an action movie, to me. Not necessarily a great one or a novel one, just, there will be some posing, and some fighting, and some tense moments where they pose and talk about fights before the fighting.

And, fair enough. But I don't see a reason to get excited over it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

compressing the winter soldier and civil war plots may have made things too busy. I hope that the final film holds up with the presumed cuts that will take place.

I hope that no side is made out to be villainous.

But I have yet to see how Steve can justify not bringing Bucky into the authorities. Hydra Mind control or not, he physically pulled the trigger for any number of political assassinations/murders over the decades. There should be a public trial.

Fantastic Member

I didn't hate it as such, but I was rather underwhelmed with Bucky being the focal point for the MCU Civil War. I don't believe they've set up Tony and Steve as the close bonded friends that they are in the comics, so Tony's expression of betrayal falls flat. Particularly given that Bucky was Cap's friend before he was Cap.

If they had used the new inhumans as the touchstone, it would have made much more sense, but then the movies would have to remember that the TV arm of the franchise exists.

it was eh.

It was definitely a Captain America 3 trailer.

It however wasn't Civil War.

it was more "Winter Soldier: Part 2".
    this might need a thread of it's own but does anybody else feel like civil war should be an avengers movie rather than a cap movie??

i really loved the cap movies and how different they were from each other as a reflection of how different the times were, i was looking forward to what would come next. i look forward to civil war too but imo that's not a cap story even though he's one of the main characters. i think if not an avenger story it would've been better as an ironman movie just because i think ironman as a movie didn't have much else left in the tank anyways.

BANNED

Trailer was ok. The best thing about it is the preview image of Capatin American's funny looking run.

Looks like it should be called The Avengers: Civil War. They would probably make more money on it that way too.

BANNED

Oh, but Captain American and Bucky beating the hell out of Iron Man was pretty stupid. Can't we get a clever way for these guys to fight? Why is Captain America able to beat Iron Man in a normal stand up fight? They had Iron Man fighting Thor in the first Avengers movies, (and that didn't really make sense either) and now I'm meant to believe this? This shared universe has been going on a while now, can't Marvel nail down where these guys are at just a little bit? I'm not even saying don't have them fight, and don't have Captain America win...just put the tiniest bit of thought into it, might even make for a better action scene.

It was nice to see this guy come back:

Wait, did I say it was nice, I meant it sucked. Anyways, trailer was ok I guess. It's not special or interesting in any way really, but if you're looking forward to another Captain America movie it is a thing telling you it's coming. I mean, Marvel already told use what feels like years age now everything that's coming for the next five years, but the trailer is saying: Hey, it's almost here now.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I actually liked that about it. After Winter Soldier, I definitely wanted more from that story...to the point I wanted the next Captain America movie before the next Avengers movie.

As far as the trailer is concerned, I'm still not sold on having Iron Man as what seems to be the main antagonist. The Cap/Bucky friendship is strong and lots of things have been building up to their reunion, but I don't want it to be at the expense of Steve and Tony's partnership, which seemed irreparable after the comic book Civil War.
    1) I liked that it's a Captain America 3 movie through and through. I hate the fact they slapped "Civil War" on it and it's 'kinda sorta' happening just in the background... I really dislike that.

2) I'm also not buying Tony as the antagonist, if anything that trailer shined a really bad light on Cap.

"Sorry Tony, he's my friend." "So was I.." and then watching them beat the crap out of Tony and Cap not holding back while Tony seems helpless for the most part.

yeah Cap isn't really sympathetic here..neither is Bucky for that matter.

The whole Civil War comes down to Cap wanting to save his Bucky.. alright I understand.. but that's Captain America 3.. not Civil War.

You aren't gonna make this 'equal' if the storyline is.

Tony: I want Bucky dead and/or contained, he killed my parents!
    Steve: Well yeah.. but he's my friend.

Yeah... that's... that's not a good look for Cap.. Tony seems like the protagonist in this darn movie and Cap the one being 'manipulated' by Bucky, even if it isn't the case, Cap comes off bad. And it's not the send off he as Captain America deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    this might need a thread of it's own but does anybody else feel like civil war should be an avengers movie rather than a cap movie??

i really loved the cap movies and how different they were from each other as a reflection of how different the times were, i was looking forward to what would come next. i look forward to civil war too but imo that's not a cap story even though he's one of the main characters. i think if not an avenger story it would've been better as an ironman movie just because i think ironman as a movie didn't have much else left in the tank anyways.

Yes... it should DEFINITELY be an "Avengers" style event. No doubt about it.

Right now I'm having the hardest time grasping the reality that because they went this route and have WASTED "Civil War" on this... that we're never .. ever.. gonna see Chris Evans do this scene as Captain America...

http://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/05/15/...ech-civil-war/

and Marvel JUST GOT Jessica Jones known, but we're not gonna get this scene between Jessica and Peter, because Peter essentially won't matter in this movie that much to this extent of 'choice'.

(gotta love Wolverine just enjoying that in the back lol)

I'm getting that same.. 'missed opportunity' feeling that I was getting when I saw Age of Ultron. I always felt it made the most sense for Ultron to be the reason that the Civil War kicked off, because of all the destruction he caused, and all the trauma it would cause Tony to have nearly failed society AGAIN.. this would have been the 2nd time he's made a weapon he wanted to protect the world and almost ended up destroying it....

I felt THAT would have been enough that would make Tony go "no.. no no no.. if I can do this..imagine what anyone else could do... we need to be safe, from ourselves.. from me.. from us all." And THAT would make him support the registration act, because of the same mistakes he's made and trying to atone for them and deflecting as he usually does while harnessing it all inside. Which is classic Tony Stark..and would have worked perfectly. But now it just... it just feels like such a missed chance.. *shrugs and sighs*

But yeah.. I'm really having a hard time with the fact that Captain America Speech isn't gonna be in the movie.. nor the moment. I sort of feel THAT moment is what MAKES Captain America and stands for him in all aspects. I had been hoping Chris Evans would be doing it here in this movie before his departure as Captain America, I think it would have been fitting and beautiful.

The fact we're gonna be robbed of that because they just threw the Civil War name on a movie that has little to nothing to do with it... bothers me. Maybe a little more than it should, but it's there.

If it's Captain America: Winter Soldier: Part II then call it that. Don't slap Civil War on it and be like "eh this is 'sorta' happening..kinda...".

That's like giving the Secret Wars movie pretty much Thanos reading a newspaper and them going "why aren't you attacking earth." and him going "everyones in the secret wars." and them replying "Oh...that sounds awesome.." And Thanos going "yup" and flipping a page of the news paper and the movie cutting to credits.
    Last edited by Majesty; 11-27-2015 at 03:55 AM.

The trailer was good, to the point of epicness.

I like the way it still feels like a Captain America movie despite featuring most of the Avengers roster.

On the subject of the title...It's getting tiresome to see that many people bitching about the movie not being a faithful adaptation of the Civil War from the comics. Come on people...it's just a title!!! Adapting the original storyline would be near impossible due to the amount of characters involved. So, it is a civil war between the avengers and not between a superhero community ranging in the thousands...so what???

As for the reason for the conflict between Cap and iron man, it would be best to wait for the full plot. Steve not wanting to hand over bucky would make sense if there was a price put on his head, for instance, an we have no proof that this is the one spark that ignites the conflict between the two heroes. There is the Sokovian accords plot and the new avengers failure that results in collateral damage...

I think that Iron Man will be made to look as the unreasonable part here. Imposing a control and accountability system over all of the superpowered community when you have been responsible for creating Ultron and the Sokovian disaster will not draw much simpathy towards the character. I, on my part, will enjoy the scene where cap and WS beat the living s**t out of him. Probably that beatdown will make cap go all "what have I done" and handing himself to the authorities, like in the comics. And bucky will take the mantle until Infinity War.

BANNED

How was it good to the point of epicness? Its such a by the numbers action movie trailer...in a year of so many better trailers for action movies. Is it just because you're looking forward to another Marvel/Captain America movie?
    Last edited by simbob4000; 11-27-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    The trailer was good, to the point of epicness.

I like the way it still feels like a Captain America movie despite featuring most of the Avengers roster.

On the subject of the title...It's getting tiresome to see that many people bitching about the movie not being a faithful adaptation of the Civil War from the comics. Come on people...it's just a title!!! Adapting the original storyline would be near impossible due to the amount of characters involved. So, it is a civil war between the avengers and not between a superhero community ranging in the thousands...so what???

As for the reason for the conflict between Cap and iron man, it would be best to wait for the full plot. Steve not wanting to hand over bucky would make sense if there was a price put on his head, for instance, an we have no proof that this is the one spark that ignites the conflict between the two heroes. There is the Sokovian accords plot and the new avengers failure that results in collateral damage...

I think that Iron Man will be made to look as the unreasonable part here. Imposing a control and accountability system over all of the superpowered community when you have been responsible for creating Ultron and the Sokovian disaster will not draw much simpathy towards the character. I, on my part, will enjoy the scene where cap and WS beat the living s**t out of him. Probably that beatdown will make cap go all "what have I done" and handing himself to the authorities, like in the comics. And bucky will take the mantle until Infinity War.

If they made a live action Batman movie called "Under the Red Hood" and it focused primarily on Batman trying to save Catwoman from the Riddler while Jason Todd was sort of riding around Gotham on a motorcycle listening to Bob Marley the whole time till he one night after the 3rd act he crashes on top of Batman's car after fighting a bad guy on the roof top of a building and his helmet falls off when he lands on the hood and Batman goes "Jason Todd!?" and Jason going "Well [expletive]...!" and the movie ended, would you be fine with that?
    Last edited by Majesty; 11-27-2015 at 04:57 AM.

If they made a live action Batman movie called "Under the Red Hood" and it focused primarily on Batman trying to save Catwoman from the Riddler while Jason Todd was sort of riding around Gotham on a motorcycle listening to Bob Marley the whole time till he one night after the 3rd act he crashes on top of Batman's car after fighting a bad guy on the roof top of a building and his helmet falls off when he lands on the hood and Batman goes "Jason Todd!?" and Jason going "Well [expletive]...!" and the movie ended, would you be fine with that?
    if the movie was awesome, i would be. my only complaint would be the title didn't make much sense.

Not the same case. What you're proposing is, ridiculous as it may be, ultimately a title that has nothing to do with the movie. They can actually call this movie Civil War because it is centered in the conflict between the 2 factions within the avengers. The title fits the argument of the movie, and thats what should matter, regardless if it fits the story from the Civil War comic or not. Seriously I dont see whats the trouble here.

Seriously if this faithfulness to the original source is that much of an issue I don't know how you people got over Hank Pym not creating Ultron, Cap being on the avengers since the beginning, A black nick fury....
    Last edited by Greywolf; 11-27-2015 at 07:49 AM.