Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, #1

In "Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur" #1, Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder and Natacha Bustos bring a lot of joy to this modern take on a Jack Kirby creation.

Full review here.

The tone of this book was so spot on and the main character is incredibly likable. I hope the book does well because Marvel really needed something like this in their catalogue.

How is the presence of a large T-Rex wandering in NYC rationalized?
    kudos to the series creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    How is the presence of a large T-Rex wandering in NYC rationalized?
    kudos to the series creators.
    I don't know if this makes any difference, but during the Atlas Anthologies of the 1950's, the 616 was full of giant somethings rolling around all the time, so I think the people are used to them from a visual aspect. I think a lot of teams would visit Devil and Moon Girl, much like the Sentinel and the boy.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Loved it, just wish it was longer so we could see an Inhuman origin or something.

I sort of zoned out during the Moon Boy stuff, but Lunella is such an engaging new character. Really loved every panel she was in.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Loved it, just wish it was longer so we could see an Inhuman origin or something.
    Inhuman origin? I thought the premise of this book was Lunella going above and beyond to stop herself from going thru Terrigenesis.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-30-2015 at 03:44 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I loved the book and I can't wait to see more, there are a lot of interesting places they could take this story! Plus Moongirl is already such an incredibly likable, human character.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

I really loved this book and I think my niece's would too but the only want to read DC comics. It makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don't know if this makes any difference, but during the Atlas Anthologies of the 1950's, the 616 was full of giant somethings rolling around all the time, so I think the people are used to them from a visual aspect. I think a lot of teams would visit Devil and Moon Girl, much like the Sentinel and the boy.
    Right?!
    Comics were created on completely nonsensical beings. That is why we LOVE THEM.

I need to get this book. I wanted to check out old Devil Dinosaur, but it was too expensive and/or out of print, so this seems the perfect time to get into it.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I bought this book for my niece but read it before I mailed it and I haveta say this has something that is missing in alot of books...it captures that sense of wonder that got me hooked early on...hand claps to Reeder and marvel for actually publishing this