Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default 52's Earth 2 vs Pre-Crisis Earth two

After reading "Earth 2" of the DC52 it makes me miss the days of the All Star Squadron,Infinity Inc,and the JSA. As I see the heroes of Earth 2 take on Darkseid's troops I wonder if the Pre-Crisis version of Earth two would do better or worse then I wonder who win in a fight of course between the 52 version & the pre-crisis version?

Pre Crisis Earth 2 had Pre Crisis Earth 2 Superman (who uses moons as hand to hand combat weapons, smashes people across 2 million miles of space, and has all of Superman's 40s and 50s stuff attributed to him, which included crazy crap like smashing planets together hard enough somehow to create a star) and Pre Crisis Doctor Fate (who did things like fling planets into suns or call on the energies of the creation event that as sidescatter devastated worlds). They do hilariously better. They also smoke the 52 version.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Doesn't DC ever learn? I mean, they got forced into the initial COIE reboot because of too many parallel worlds and excessive power-creep. The reboot again later, and now, what are they doing? Excessive power-creep (with the douchiest feat ever, Superman) and, yup, Earth-2!

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    (with the douchiest feat ever, Superman) and, yup, Earth-2!
    Which feat are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Which feat are you referring to?
    The one where he takes five days off from saving the world to continuously benchpress the equivalent of Earth's weight (without exposure to the Sun, no less), hence some people referring to Nu52 Supes as SuperBro, I think (but then again, if he did something even douchier, I think I'd have heard about it)

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    The one where he takes five days off from saving the world to continuously benchpress the equivalent of Earth's weight (without exposure to the Sun, no less), hence some people referring to Nu52 Supes as SuperBro, I think (but then again, if he did something even douchier, I think I'd have heard about it)
    I don't think that's douchy at all. If the world needed saving he'd have left. I think people just don't like Superman so they try to make up ways to make him look bad.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

I don't think that's douchy at all. If the world needed saving he'd have left. I think people just don't like Superman so they try to make up ways to make him look bad.
    My only question was, what was it for? was it a test of his strength? Was he trying to build muscle? Or was he just bored and that's his hobby? They all give one a different perspective of Supes personality.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    My only question was, what was it for? was it a test of his strength? Was he trying to build muscle? Or was he just bored and that's his hobby? They all give one a different perspective of Supes personality.
    Iirc he had just lost to hellspont and wanted to test his strength

At the time he did it, the world was not exactly chock full of superheroes. He basically took 5 days off from fighting crime of any sort to feel the burn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    It was, of course, for science. That is why it can never be douchey, because science.

Plus now he knows that if there is ever a situation where he has to bench press something that weighs as much as the planet for 5 days that he indeed will be capable of it. So he was helping science and being cautious.
    Last edited by Surtur; 06-12-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I think it's probably fair to allow him a five day vacation once every few decades.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

NuSuperman is a douche even when you overlook this feat though.
    At least a lot more than Post-Crisis Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    NuSuperman is a douche even when you overlook this feat though.
    At least a lot more than Post-Crisis Supes.
    Which feats?

Astonishing Member

PC Earth 2 has the strongest incarnation of the Spectre who can destroy everybody if he feels like it. He treats PC Kryptonians like gnats. He can drop you back into the Big Bang. When he was in the post crisis world just after the crisis, he willed away the powers of the JLA. He told that Darkseid to cool it or he might come for him. Hal-Spectre took the Omega effect as an owie and burned DS to the bone. DS came back with the old bullcrap essential to the universe defense but he was a skeleton.

During the invasion saga way back then, they made up some crap to keep Fate and Spectre out of the way so that they didn't vaporize the invasions.

So DS is toast without PIS which we don't have.