Thread: Simon Anders

Fantastic Member

Default Simon Anders

So, when do you think we will see Simon again? Will he appear as a hero or a villain?

For those who can't recall, Simon was the protagonist in BPRD 1947 and BPRD Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    So, when do you think we will see Simon again?
    As soon as Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá have time to do another trade. Has anyone read their new book, Two Brothers? I wish they could do the next book like that, skipping the individual issues and going straight to the trade collection. That book had chapters that were as short as sixteen pages and another longer than fifty, and it felt really natural. I mean, the first six pages of Vampire #1 were beautiful, but confined to twenty-two pages, those sorts of storytelling beats are hard to find the space for.

I doubt this would happen, mind you. I'm just saying, I'd find it interesting to see what the pair of them would do unfettered.

Will he appear as a hero or a villain?
    I suspect neither. I mean, I still think he'll be hunting vampires, but he's ultimately doing that for himself.

I wonder if he'll show up in the late 60s to mid 80s when the Bureau was going through its vampire hunting phase. Or maybe his next story will be completely divorced from the Bureau except for memories that haunt him.

Fantastic Member

Just did a bit of research, and in a recent Reddit AMA, Ba & Moon said they would probably be writing their follow up to BPRD : Vampire once Casanova: Acedia is done.

I'm super excited to see where it goes. Vampire is one of my favourite Hellboy spin offs ever.

Just did a bit of research, and in a recent Reddit AMA, Ba & Moon said they would probably be writing their follow up to BPRD : Vampire once Casanova: Acedia is done.

I'm super excited to see where it goes. Vampire is one of my favourite Hellboy spin offs ever.
    They did an AMA? I better check that out!