Default Team S.H.I.E.L.D vs DC's Assassins

Two scenarios:

1) Team vs Team Battle

Both teams start at opposite ends of Gotham City. Standard powers, weapons and equipment for all combatants. No prep-time.

Post-Crisis versions of the DC characters.

Team S.H.I.E.L.D.

Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Winter Soldier
    Falcon
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    U.S.Agent
    Mockingbird
    Taskmaster

DC's Assassins

Deathstroke
    Deadshot
    David Cain
    Lady Shiva
    Bronze Tiger
    Prometheus
    Constantine Drakon
    Bane (with Venom)
    K.G.Beast

2) One on One Fights

All fights take place in an abandoned warehouse full of dark corners and hiding spots. Each combatant enters from opposite sides of the building at the same time.

Standard powers, weapons and equipment for all combatants.

Captain America vs Bronze Tiger
    Winter Soldier vs Deathstroke
    Falcon vs Prometheus
    Black Widow vs Constantine Drakon
    Hawkeye vs Deadshot
    U.S.Agent vs Bane
    Union Jack vs K.G.Beast
    Mockingbird vs Lady Shiva
    Taskmaster vs David Cain

Who takes these match ups?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash666 View Post
    1) Team vs Team Battle

Both teams start at opposite ends of Gotham City. Standard powers, weapons and equipment for all combatants. No prep-time.

Post-Crisis versions of the DC characters.

Team S.H.I.E.L.D.

Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Winter Soldier
    Falcon
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    U.S.Agent
    Mockingbird
    Taskmaster

DC's Assassins

Deathstroke
    Deadshot
    David Cain
    Lady Shiva
    Bronze Tiger
    Prometheus
    Constantine Drakon
    Bane (with Venom)
    K.G.Beast
    Urgh. Tough one.

Best I can say is that on Team DC you have people who give Batman a hard time with prep (Cain), people who give Batman a hard time period (Deathstroke), people capable of sneaking up Batman and Batgirl (Shiva, Cain), people who give Batman a hard time in Hand to Hand or outright murder him (a bunch of people on that list), and...

....one guy with a point-and-click enemy-eliminating weapon (Prommie).

Between all of the above, including Prommie's Ghost Key, I figure Team DC takes this after a really, really interesting sneak/snipe/stab war, with casualties on both sides.

Lack of equivalent stealth also hurts Team Marvel.

2) One on One Fights
    Captain America vs Bronze Tiger

- Going to give this to Cap after one hell of a fight. Tiger can take it to Batman unarmed, and I would give this ~50/50 were Cap without equipment, but Cap has his shield, so he's taking a solid majority.

Winter Soldier vs Deathstroke

- Deathstroke. Just better, all around. I wouldn't give comic book Winter Soldier great odds against Batman or Captain America, and Slade should be able to beat either of them. Edit: Also Power Staff.

Falcon vs Prometheus

- Ghost Key, poof. Prommie snags a win, much to my disgust.

Black Widow vs Constantine Drakon

- Drakon. He's far, far faster than her. She might get the drop on him every now and then, I guess, due to having solid stealth, but he's not exactly a chooch in that area and if there's any kind of situation that crops up where he gets a glimpse of her, she's hosed.

Hawkeye vs Deadshot

- Don't really know enough about each of their stealths to say. If they're anywhere near par, Hawkeye has an advantage in having a whack of area affect weapons.

U.S.Agent vs Bane

- US Agent in an unholy beatdown. Post-Crisis Bane's losing streak continues. Killer Croc weeps in the stands.

Union Jack vs K.G.Beast

- No idea, really.

Mockingbird vs Lady Shiva

- Barring Mockingbird having picked up some SERIOUS speed and skill enhancements, Shiva ruins Mockingbird. Too skilled, too fast, hits too hard (plus pressure points), and has a body-read to boot. Also stealthy enough to pull a Batman-vanish on Batman himself (in the presence of Dick and Tim at the same time), and sneaks up on Cassandra Cain (who has, a couple of issues previous, sensed Batman's presence).

Taskmaster vs David Cain

- In a straight-up arena fight I would give the nod to Tasky - too fast with double-time, too many weird weapons. Here, there's stealth to consider. Cain has...REALLY good stealth feats. Like, Batman good. Tasky figures out where Cain is by back-calculating the trajectory of the bullet that just blew off the back of his own head.

Mileage, varies, etc. :)
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-26-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Power Staff. Always the damn Power Staff.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate