Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'll reserve judgment till the full issues out. I do like to think Laura can change and grow but I wish she was written the same across the board. I so see bends style here but wanna see more., I have faith in hopeless. His Cable and X-Force was great
    X-Men Forever

Pagliaccio

Good lord, that was awful. Reading that felt like the final nail in the coffin of my favorite character. X-23 is dead, long (?) live the Wolverine, a brand new character that looks like Laura but has been given a new costume, a personality transplant, and a few minor retcons so that Marvel can fit a square plug through a round hole. I haven't been entirely happy with the way Taylor wrote her, but this was just...Hopeless.

Looking at the five stages of loss and grief, I've been through the first two stages, denial and anger, during Bendis' run. The Secret Wars timeskip and Taylor brought forth the third stage, bargaining, as there appeared to be a break in the clouds and maybe things wouldn't be so bad. I think this preview has landed me squarely in stage 4, depression, because now I just feel saddened.

R.I.P. Laura. No matter what Marvel does, I will never forget you. Maybe one day a writer will come along and bring you back. I will try not to lose hope until then.

(This post is rather melodramatic because I needed to vent. I'm serious about feeling saddened and disheartened, though. Et tu, Hopeless.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Well Warren better never land if they do since the only person Laura has in the way of family for them to do it over is Old Man Logan.
    Well, there's also Daken. But being Daken I could see HIM wanting a turn with Warren just for the LULZ of messing with both of them. Or at least Warren; he actually respects Laura.

Positive points: a lighter reading different from other magazines on the theme of extinction. Here the X-mens still seek the dream of Xavier and try to be heroes looking for ways to change their destiny compared to older versions. In addition to the O5 we have other teen mutants in the team and of course opportunity for romance.

Negative points:With all the mutant race in danger of extinction is strange to see these characters hanging around on a journey of discovery and heroism instead of helping his people.Who is not O5 fan will stay away from that comic.

Think skip this time if were still a team with only young mutants could maybe give it a try but do not like the O5.

Yet this book has potential and hope to be wrong good read for those who will follow this comic.

BANNED

Good lord, why spend FOUR pages on this X-23 crap when she has her own comic? I'm a fan of the X-Men, not Wolverine clones that Marvel desperately wants to happen.

Mr Steel Ur Infiniti Ston Rokkit Rakoon pls's Avatar

And here I thought I was the only one who thought the art was better than the premise.

I've been an X-Fan AND a Mark Bagley fan for over 20 years, so I *want* to rally behind this book, but just can't do it.

Extraordinary X-Men was a pleasant surprise, though. I also preordered the upcoming Uncanny X-Men, to see how that turns out.

I've been out of the comics for a bit; can anyone tell me what happened to Cyclops that has everyone talking about some killing spree he went on or something, and in which titles/issues it occurred?

I knew this would be released in December but didn't knew it's already out next week. A bit surprised by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Reading this spiked my blood sugar.
    Then you should see mine

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I knew somebody was gonna say that Laura characterization and dialogue was wrong, I bet it's the 16 month gap, she may be more comfortable with Warren now that they've been together for more than a year. .
    Warren monologue is great but still not buying Larren. Plus it's actually the first time he gets some sort of spotlight so I'm happy for him
    While the 16 month gap can be used as an excuse for a lot of things it can't be used here. Just compare this to All-New Wolverine. A difference like night and day even though it's the same characters in the same post Secret Wars world.
    I don't like such inconsistencies.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkit Rakoon pls View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one who thought the art was better than the premise.

I've been an X-Fan AND a Mark Bagley fan for over 20 years, so I *want* to rally behind this book, but just can't do it.

Extraordinary X-Men was a pleasant surprise, though. I also preordered the upcoming Uncanny X-Men, to see how that turns out.

I've been out of the comics for a bit; can anyone tell me what happened to Cyclops that has everyone talking about some killing spree he went on or something, and in which titles/issues it occurred?
    It happened sometime in the in-universe 8 month time gap between secret wars and now, so no actual comics have show what happened yet.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-26-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Marvel has gotten rid of a lot of the characters I loved since the 1970s and replaced them with younger people and people with different ethnic backgrounds. I am a Black male, and I hate seeing characters I love being replaced with someone else just so Marvel can say they are creating more diverse characters. No, Marvel, you are not creating more diverse characters - you are stealing the names and uniforms from other characters and slapping them on others. But I digress.

Marvel seems to think young readers will not read comics unless the characters are their age. So they replace the X-men with teenagers and kill off someone like Cyclops, who I have really enjoyed my entire life. They seem to believe, "hey, see, we have still have Cyclops in our comics." No, you kind of don't. This is not the same guy. I do not recognize this Cyclops. I do not recognize this Angel. I do not recognize any of the Avengers titles, Thor, Nova. And how Doctor Strange is being written, I hardly recognize him.

I am just very disappointed with where Marvel has been going these past few years. Marvel has been my favorite comic company my whole life. I just revised my comic pull list, which was over two pages long. Now it is much shorter, because I removed a number of Marvel comics. I removed everything with the Avengers title and almost everything mutant. After I read some of these other new titles, I may have to chop more.

Considering the Marvel Free Previews book showed a very well-written 2-page inner monologue by Cyclops describing how they arrived at the future to change things, but the future ended up changing them instead, this is probably not the best place to give the official preview online.

This might be the only X-book I pass on. Just not digging the O5 being here any more.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Considering the Marvel Free Previews book showed a very well-written 2-page inner monologue by Cyclops describing how they arrived at the future to change things, but the future ended up changing them instead, this is probably not the best place to give the official preview online.
    Do I understand you right that there is another preview out there? You have a link to that?
    "This is me being reasonable"

All-New Member

Not a fan of X23 and X23 as Wolverine is just...no; and, seeing her touting the, "I'm the best there is at what I do," line? No, thanks. The O5 "strangers in a strange land" road trip is a fun concept that I'm looking forward to reading, but I'd rather they brought Marvel Girl back into the fold and jettisoned X23 to "inactive status/never to be heard from again" obscurity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Link or it didn't happened

Besides the dour monologue, I have to say I enjoyed what I see here. Bagley's art looks good to me, and while I'm not a huge fan of Laura and Warren I liked seeing them have fun. Now I'm just waiting to see what the rest of the team is up to before I make any final judgements, especially with Oya and Genesis joining the team which were two characters I really enjoyed in the other series they've been in.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.