Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Agreed as someone who initially had no interest in X-men or Inhumans the Inhuman dynamic is much more interesting, as humans have a legitimate reason to fear/hate them, as anyone could be transformed into an Inhuman and that transformation kills like 50% of people. The X-men hate never really made sense considering people didn't mind other super powered beings like Spider-man, Cap etc. You have to suspend your disbelief to accept that people hated X-men more than normal super powered beings.
    excellent point, but people will ignore it just to troll and hate inhumans for the complex

All that this scene is missing is adamantium claws and fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Agreed as someone who initially had no interest in X-men or Inhumans the Inhuman dynamic is much more interesting, as humans have a legitimate reason to fear/hate them, as anyone could be transformed into an Inhuman and that transformation kills like 50% of people. The X-men hate never really made sense considering people didn't mind other super powered beings like Spider-man, Cap etc. You have to suspend your disbelief to accept that people hated X-men more than normal super powered beings.
    Not really. The situation with mutants was similar. Anyone -- your own kid included -- could turn out to be filthy mutie, and power manifestations that wound up killing people or causing extreme property damage have been part of that whole package for at least a couple of decades now. The rhetoric about mutants being the next stage of evolution and eclipsing/overtaking humanity has been part of the X-Men franchise for some time as well.

What the new Inhumans premise does is take that same fear of the enemy among us and the fear of obsolescence, then raises the stakes by having the Inhuman transformations essentially be the result of biological warfare and by making transformation via the Mists more lethal than mutant manifestation ever was. I agree that those two differences do highlight the matter of self-defense as more a legitimate question with the the Inhumans, but it's not hard to see where the specific bigotry against mutants stemmed from.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    excellent point, but people will ignore it just to troll and hate inhumans for the complex
    Indeed. The new Inhumans stuff is interesting and good. Much better than how the x-men have been handled. Both are actually different, but for the bits they do compare, the Inhumans are doing it better. But the complex people will never be pleased about anything at all, they already decided to hate it all before even looking at it. The paranoid conspiracy of marvel wanting to destroy the x-men that has no basis to it unless people twist things majorly.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Can someone tell me what happened to our powerful Gorgon that he's now in a wheelchair? I'm WAY behind on my reading... life and all gets in the way.

Series looks awesome and I'm glad that Crystal is leading! She's always been a fav of mine way back when Kirby was at the artistic helm!

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAMWolff View Post
    Can someone tell me what happened to our powerful Gorgon that he's now in a wheelchair? I'm WAY behind on my reading... life and all gets in the way.

Series looks awesome and I'm glad that Crystal is leading! She's always been a fav of mine way back when Kirby was at the artistic helm!
    spoilers:
    Lineage stabbed him in the spine when Gorgon discoved he had stolen the Codex and was going to betray Queen Medusa.
    end of spoilers
    He is going trought a lot and isn't feeling like he's of worth to the Inhumans anymore. It was so sad in Uncanny Inhumans #1 when he was telling Flint of his past feats all cheered up a then going depresive after remenbering himself he couldn't do that anymore.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 11-26-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Corrected spoiler tag

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Indeed. The new Inhumans stuff is interesting and good. Much better than how the x-men have been handled. Both are actually different, but for the bits they do compare, the Inhumans are doing it better. But the complex people will never be pleased about anything at all, they already decided to hate it all before even looking at it. The paranoid conspiracy of marvel wanting to destroy the x-men that has no basis to it unless people twist things majorly.
    If you say so.

And yeah, at least the comic!Inhumans are different, because the MCU ones are basically terrigen-powered mutants.

Battle injury.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 11-26-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Removed reference to now-corrected spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    spoilers:
    Lineage stabbed him in the spine when Gorgon discoved he had stolen the Codex and was going to betray Queen Medusa.
    end of spoilers
    He is going trought a lot and isn't feeling like he's of worth to the Inhumans anymore. It was so sad in Uncanny Inhumans #1 when he was telling Flint of his past feats all cheered up a then going depresive after remenbering himself he couldn't do that anymore.
    Thanks so much Lucena. So, I'm sure I have the books but which issues does this betrayal take place in? I know he's always been head strong but never thought he'd be written in this way. :-(

This looks awesome, despite the obvious mutant similarities, looking forward to picking this up.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post
    Matching uniforms -check
    Guy in a wheelchair- check
    Powers that separate them from normal humans- check
    It really does look like the Inhumans are Marvels new X-Men!
    Strawman arguments- check
    All we need is the Complex to show up and we've got a typical Inhumans thread on CBR.

Matching uniforms -check
    Eh, it's not like matching uniforms and powers can't be found in numerous other superhero books. I can see other similarities between humans and inhumans, but those are just regular superhero tropes.

BANNED

Thanks so much Lucena. So, I'm sure I have the books but which issues does this betrayal take place in? I know he's always been head strong but never thought he'd be written in this way. :-(
    One of the last few issues of Inhuman last year. #14 I believe.

I think it is funny when people get their panties wadded over the Inhumans.
    The Inhumans have been around for a long time. They deserve the proper exposure they are getting now.
    What does bad mouthing and bitching about the Inhumans do for the X-Men?
    It is not like if the Inhuman books tank, the X-Men books will suddenly start selling better.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Eh, it's not like matching uniforms and powers can't be found in numerous other superhero books. I can see other similarities between humans and inhumans, but those are just regular superhero tropes.
    Exactly.
    Just compare Legion of Superheroes to X-Men.
    Or to anyone, really.
    lol.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I'm really looking forward to this. The art looks great and Soule is great writer.

Matching uniforms -check
    How is having matching costumes and superpowers exclusive to the X-Men. Likewise, Gorgon was a proud warrior for decades and Prof. X was a telepath. How in the hell do you guys rationalize these conspiracy theories? Every single time the Inhumans do anything you guys look for any similarities to the X-Men and then disregard all the differences. If you examine everything and set aside your biases you might actually notice that the two properties were different. Smh I once had a guy tell me that the Reader was a Gambit rip-off but the completely disregarded the fact that he had different abilities and was freaking blind.