Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'll continue to read this but dear god the sheer amount of non-street smarts or basic intelligence on these WAR kids is baffling. How about trying to hide your Robin fanboyism and maintain a secret identity (Not Duke because random racist cop/Basic Gotham Cop doesn't count)?

And where is Alfred?
    His arrest hit pretty close to home that was clear racism

This was average at best. Pretty much agree with these bytes from various posters here:
    This week three comics were released by King and this one, imo, was the weakest.

Someone should also send him a copy of Dick and Jason's pre-Flashpoint little green pixie boots. And Tim's black boots with the toes. And Damian's green DMs (which do, admittedly, have red laces). Anybody'd think he was being overzealous and had never seen a Robin up close before.

the color "red", because of it's connect to Robin, is likewise illegal to even wear and may indicate that the kid in question is with the movement. Yeah, it's ridiculous but frankly so is the way the police here are interpreting the law.

This reminds me of Civil War. In that, to take legitimacy from a valid point, those enforcing the law are written as heavy handed jack booted thugs (and if a splash of racism helps, so much the better I suppose).

In any case, how would he be "more Robin" than Jason in either continuity? In one, they both had oficially the title. In this, they`ve made a mess with the timeline since the beginning.

it had some ideas that tap brilliantly into today's zeitgeist but the execution, along with the terrible characterizations of just about every main character made it a missed opportunity.

I'll continue to read this but dear god the sheer amount of non-street smarts or basic intelligence on these WAR kids is baffling. How about trying to hide your Robin fanboyism and maintain a secret identity.

His arrest hit pretty close to home that was clear racism.
    Is Noctua going to become Nocturna?
    NOCTUA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    King totally ignored that Alfred is the one supplying the We are Robin movement and his culpability for the cop that was killed. Maybe that will be picked up on in We Are Robin.
    ^This! I mean I've seen the preview of Grayson #15 where Dick takes responsibility but if we're being honest this whole WAR movement is Alfred's doing. Not only does he have a hand in that cops death, he is also responsible for Trey's death and to a lesser extent the death of the Robin who shot the cop by accident. Given that Jason, Damian and Dick have all died on the job you'd think they would be angrier. I can't imagine that when Bruce returns to being Batman that his relationship with Alfred would be the same. I'd like to see King tackle this and try to redeem Alfred a little.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I agree that there is some responsibility to lay at Alfred's lap, however if anyone would step up and take responsibility for Alfred it would be Dick. He is the ultimate big brother, the responsible son, the one that will make it all right for everyone...and come out on top.

Alfred is often treated as a saintly figure. While i think he should be held accountable, im not sure they'll really do it. I wish they would though. Personally i think between We Are Robin, and hiding Bruce's past, when Bruce remembers they should seriously consider a story where Bruce fires Alfred. I think it would be justified to give Al some time off given his recent actions, and could make for an interesting development.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-07-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I agree that there is some responsibility to lay at Alfred's lap, however if anyone would step up and take responsibility for Alfred it would be Dick. He is the ultimate big brother, the responsible son, the one that will make it all right for everyone...and come out on top.
    I agree that it's totally in character for Dick to shoulder the blame but I also think that it would be in character for Jason to call Alfred out on his BS. I'd love to see King write it

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Alfred is often treated as a saintly figure. While i think he should be held accountable, im not sure they'll really do it. I wish they would though. Personally i think between We Are Robin, and hiding Bruce's past, when Bruce remembers they should seriously consider a story where Bruce fires Alfred. I think it would be justified to give Al some time off given his recent actions, and could make for an interesting development.
    I can't see them doing it either tbh but I love the idea of Bruce firing Alfred, so much angst! So long as it was only temporary. Alfred is my favorite supporting character. Julia Pennyworth could fill in while Alfred gets himself together.

Astonishing Member

Honestly what Snyder is doing with Alfred is so clumsy and sloppy I'm pretty okay with ignoring it.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory