Default Who are replacing the Fantastic Four?

I got it. The mutants are being replaced conceptually with the inhumans. The role of the "other" in society. Everybody knows that.
    But who are taking the role of the Fantastic Four in the ANAD Marvel universe? Who are the taking the role of fearless explorers and discoverers of new worlds and fringe science fiction adventures?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Guardians of the Galaxy? At least for the first half of your description. Not sure about the Sci fi adventures part.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Default The Fantastic Five

Reed Richards - Tan with SHIELD uniform Blue Marvel
    Susan Richards - Tan and transparant Captain Marvel
    Johnny Storm - Hothead going nova Binary
    Ben Grimm - Tan and clobbers MAC
    Herbie - Stoic and supportive Black Panther

The Ultimates then?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I don't know if they're exactly doing it, but it could also be the Inhumans? Since you know, the main characters/focus was the royal family...

Boisterously Confused

I don't know if anyone will replace the FF. The US has not cared about sci-fi discovery-adventure in more than 20 years. Fantasy-swashbuckling with sci-fi trappings, sure. Tons of it. But sci-fi exploration stories, went out of style a generation ago.

Fantastic Member

I would say the Ultimates, based on the kind of problems they will be going against.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Definitely the Ultimates.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But who are taking the role of the Fantastic Four in the ANAD Marvel universe? Who are the taking the role of fearless explorers and discoverers of new worlds and fringe science fiction adventures?
    Nobody. It will remain a bleak, black hole in the scheme of things until Marvel regain the movie rights then everything will become shiny again.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Nobody. It will remain a bleak, black hole in the scheme of things until Marvel regain the movie rights then everything will become shiny again.
    Yeah, pretty much.

The Thing has joined the Guardians. They are the replacements for the FF.

Now that I think about it... Could the new Vision comic be just that? A kind of new take on the FF themes with his created family?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

The Ultimates. They share the same concept, environment, and even the same enemies, at least judging from what we saw on Ultimates #1

Incredible Member

No one will ever replace the F4 or the X-men for that matter.

Definitely The Guardians. The FF used to be ones dealing with the alien races, the far cosmos, etc. Plus they've become their own family like the FF used to be (I mean in terms of publishing and merchandising not the actual family relationships).

I think Ultimates are too close to the Avengers currently to really be their own conceptual thing.