Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Extraordinary X-Men, #3

• Mutantkind is teetering on the brink of extinction and the X-MEN are in dire straits!
    • STORM and ICEMAN defend the last remaining mutants from a demonic attack!
    • The world's newest mutant discovers she has a terrifying power!
    • And OLD MAN LOGAN and JEAN GREY meet for the first time...

Full article here.

BANNED

Wolverine and Marvel Girl meeting eachother for the first time was great!

Amazing Member

This looks good to me also love seeing the students in action

BANNED

BMB dialogue had more style.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Art looks good i like the Storm Iceman dynamic it reminds me of the old Gold team.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    BMB dialogue had more style.
    Yes, I have been saying this for the past two issues. Lemire needs to work on this.

So Jean Grey traveled all the way to Canada to tell a version of Logan she never met before that the X-Men need them? I hope there is a longer conversation between them in the full issue. Otherwise this is lame.

But I really like this cover. With Magik's sword

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Art looks good i like the Storm Iceman dynamic it reminds me of the old Gold team.
    With Storm, Iceman, Colossus and a version of Jean it's pretty close to the gold team. Just missing Archangel and Bishop.

Edit: Just remembered Forge is in the back shop in both EX and Gold era as well. So there's another point for you.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 11-27-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Storm is a wonderfully inept leader for creating the school within Limbo. If Magik dies then you risk the lives of all the children as well? They should have had the backup system in placing BEFORE moving everyone to Limbo. Looking at how clumsy she is compared to Cyclops(before Bendis) is going to annoy me. And I really didn't like the art in this issue, I found the art if the first two issues to be so easy to read but this one is a struggle, I wonder if the inker or colorist is different this time around. I like the interaction between Wolverine and Jean(first time in years) the I'm from the future and you're from the past thing is kinda cute. One thing I don't like is how quickly Jean goes from wanting to be in college to needing to be in the X-men again, it's like her college life falling apart happened on cue, it lacks the natural timing I felt Lemmair had when he was writing Justice League Dark. I liked the first two issues so of course I'm giving this a chance but what I have seen so far is disappointing.

Amazing Member

I want that variant cover. It looks like the X-Men are going to drop a mixtape complete with an Inhumans diss track.

..the forge/cerebra exchange cracked me up. I sense a potential ship......I'll let myself out now *walks away in shame*
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I'm probably missing something, but, why is it written like young Jean and OMLogan are very familiar with each other? If Jeen was plucked from time just a few weeks after becoming an X-Man, she would have zero contact with Wolverine. I don't recall them spending much time together in ANXM so, where does the familiarity come from??
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Nice. Extraordinary is the only Marvel book I'm looking forward to, at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I'm probably missing something, but, why is it written like young Jean and OMLogan are very familiar with each other? If Jeen was plucked from time just a few weeks after becoming an X-Man, she would have zero contact with Wolverine. I don't recall them spending much time together in ANXM so, where does the familiarity come from??
    Mind reading!

Logan met a version of of this Jean during his time jumping in CW. Jean just seems to be relaying on the thoughts she's getting from him.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Mind reading!
    Probably. Maybe one feels closer to people, knowing their thoughts...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    You're forgetting she met Logan when the O5 first arrived in the present, and was at the JGS up through the end of BotA.

There was a funny scene where she telepathically makes him go to sleep and Logan tried to tell her his mental shields were too ZZzzzzzzzzz....