All-New Member

Default 2015 Holiday Art Exchange!

Hey everyone!

It may be a little late, but is anyone interested in doing a holiday art exchange this year? We could take submissions until maybe December 18, ship by the 21st and hopefully everyone who participates would have their piece by the new year. It's always been fun in the past, but I haven't seen anyone do it yet this year or last year. Who's in?!?

I've done these online in the past and they're great fun! I wish I had the time this year, but unfortunately I just don't.

All-New Member

Nobody? Don't tell me the holiday spirit is stuck down in pandemonium with our titular hero. Hellboy-Christmas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HelIb0y View Post
    Nobody? Don't tell me the holiday spirit is stuck down in pandemonium with our titular hero. Hellboy-Christmas.jpg
    Sorry, but I'm busy working on content for Mignolaversity from January to April. Already started work on the 2016 reading order.

I have enjoyed participating in some Holiday Art Exchanges on this fine Hellboard, but I have to say any of those emerged some two months prior to the start of December.

This forum is rather international so apart from people needing enough time in order to create anything to exchange, a good amount of shipping and handling time should also be taken into consideration.

Also it wouldn't hurt if the person or persons taking on the responsibility of putting such an exchange together would be reasonably affiliated with this forum or at least be clear both as timely toward how to go about any such on here, just so that it would be a joyful and stressfree endeavor onto whomever, I would think.

I might be persuaded to partake or either try to be of assistance towards this kind of an undertaking, like for instance next year or whenever such could prove opportuitous Calender-wise.

In short: for a merry holiday kind of an Exchange I'd feel it should have started or become a thing by October instead of days away from December! Next time?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-03-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    I have enjoyed participating in some Holiday Art Exchanges on this fine Hellboard, but I have to say any of those emerged some two months prior to the start of December.

This forum is rather international so apart from people needing enough time in order to create anything to exchange, a good amount of shipping and handling time should also be taken into consideration.

Also it wouldn't hurt if the person or persons taking on the responsibility of putting such an exchange together would be reasonably affiliated with this forum or at least be clear both as timely toward how to go about any such on here, just so that it would be a joyful and stressfree endeavor onto whomever, I would think.

I might be persuaded to partake or either try to be of assistance towards this kind of an undertaking, like for instance next year or whenever such could prove opportuitous Calender-wise.

In short: for a merry holiday kind of an Exchange I'd feel it should have started or become a thing by October instead of days away from December! Next time?
    Thanks for the clarification. I did say in my initial post that it may be too late to get this going, but I hadn’t seen anyone post about it yet so I thought it would be worth mentioning in an effort to gauge interest from other members. I thought that 5 weeks before the end of the New Year would be enough time to put something together.
    I also want to apologize for not being “reasonably affiliated” enough to introduce this topic. I have participated in the last 3 art exchanges and have been reading the forum for about 5 years, but I didn’t realize that there would be a required number of posts or user recognition as well. I thought the only qualification to participate in this forum was a love for all things Hellboy. I’ll keep that in mind for next year.

Anyway, with the holiday spirit in mind, this is the piece I was going to submit. I guess I’ll share it as a piece of fan art instead. I had fun making it, and I hope you all enjoy.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HelIb0y View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I did say in my initial post that it may be too late to get this going, but I hadn’t seen anyone post about it yet so I thought it would be worth mentioning in an effort to gauge interest from other members. I thought that 5 weeks before the end of the New Year would be enough time to put something together.
    I also want to apologize for not being “reasonably affiliated” enough to introduce this topic. I have participated in the last 3 art exchanges and have been reading the forum for about 5 years, but I didn’t realize that there would be a required number of posts or user recognition as well. I thought the only qualification to participate in this forum was a love for all things Hellboy. I’ll keep that in mind for next year.

Anyway, with the holiday spirit in mind, this is the piece I was going to submit. I guess I’ll share it as a piece of fan art instead. I had fun making it, and I hope you all enjoy.
    image.jpg
    No need to apologize. The last three Exchanges via this Forum would be the same ones I participated in, how about that...

With my post I try to imply what I personally think would help enable any future exchanges.

And I do think making an Exchange happen would be helped by timelyness and being as up front about what one would have in mind for it as much as possible.

I'm not about raising requirements to meet with, I'm saying it would indeed help posters to get a sense of who they'd be dealing with both as what an exchange would entail and how or why anyone could be to participate.

The last three Art Exchanges were all held and organized by posters sharing a most distinct impression on how the exchange would go down, what the deadlines or participation would entail, with dedicating a thread or either a website onto enjoying any entries or fun bits on any entries as coming together.

The posters organizing the exchanges weren't at all unknown or uncandid or shy regarding what an Exchange was going to be but they went out of their way to have anyone respond or make their ideas or expectations known in advance as much as could be. That is 100% different from not responding if you see what I mean.

I totally applaud your responding on wanting an Exchange however as well as you sharing the cool piece of artwork!

I sincerely hope and would want to help making a future exchange happen plus I hope you both as anyone to keep on posting on here.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-05-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper