Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Midnighter 7 Preview

It just makes sense on every level and nobody saw it coming.

This looks fantastic. I know Midnighter will eventually win, it's his comic after all, but I can't imagine how! Any theories anyone?

This looks so amazing. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    This looks fantastic. I know Midnighter will eventually win, it's his comic after all, but I can't imagine how! Any theories anyone?
    I don't know, but I'm putting my ten cents on something to do with the foreshadowed five senses in the preview.

The only thing I think could disappoint me was some kind of "I secretly knew it all along" scenario, but even that I bet Orlando could pull off.
    Last edited by sanderling; 11-27-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Sigh. So much badassery. I've managed not to run into Prometheus in comics before, but he looks like the perfect foil for Midnighter. Why won't more people buy this?

That two page origin recap for Prometheus perfectly sums up how great the character can be in the right hands.

Pretending to be Midnighter's lover though, is he homosexual himself or was Prometheus that dedicated to his cover persona?

This is my favourite DC book of 2015, closely followed by Grayson (naturally!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    The only thing I think could disappoint me was some kind of "I secretly knew it all along" scenario, but even that I bet Orlando could pull off.
    It is built into the character. It's the point of his powers, really.

But, I like that he was blindsided, so I hope not.

I do wish the comic was a bit more fighty. I appreciate the downtime, home life stuff fine, but it's Midnighter! I want to see more brutal righteous violence.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

As Prometheus mentions, Midnighter is breaking his character. If Midnighter saw it coming then we probably would have already heard him mocking Prometheus on how stupid he is.

Would people mind if Apollo made a quick save here?

BANNED

The first thing I'll be reading,this is just amazing.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Would people mind if Apollo made a quick save here?
    Dewpends on how it's handled (though I have no fear of it being handled badly, with this book.

That said, there was an issue, back in the day, which if I'm not mistaken set both a new direction for Authority and the beginning of The Monarchy, that showed us a party trough Midnighters eys. Every person he looked at had all these overlays showing how strong, or fast they were, what they could do following, etc. Everyone but Apolo, who just shone a bright light; menaing he was the one unpredictable constant in Mids life.

I could go for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Pretending to be Midnighter's lover though, is he homosexual himself or was Prometheus that dedicated to his cover persona?
    May be that he is gay/bi/pan. Or it may be that he just isn't really hung up about sex; lots of villains kill, main, rape and destroy in order to achieve their plans of world domination. He slept with a guy. No biggie.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    It is built into the character. It's the point of his powers, really.

But, I like that he was blindsided, so I hope not.
    Same here. That's what I meant, more or less.

I think an Apollo or Grayson save could probably be done well, but I'd rather see Midnighter get out of this on his own.
    Last edited by sanderling; 12-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.

No thread for this issue yet??

I'm not remembering how to do spoiler tags, so I will limit myself to saying that was a very non-disappointing (likely temporary) resolution! Now I have to go re-look at all the panels in the last issue to see if there's anything else to see in the house.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    No thread for this issue yet??

I'm not remembering how to do spoiler tags, so I will limit myself to saying that was a very non-disappointing (likely temporary) resolution! Now I have to go re-look at all the panels in the last issue to see if there's anything else to see in the house.
    So good. If the whole of Midnighter (The Comic) finished here it would almost be a successful and well-earned wrap. Orlando did both characters justice, the fight was gorgeous and brutal, and the instant dip into emotional fallout and payoffs was just great, instead of dragging things out until the last page and not dealing with great character stuff. (A ten page fight is good enough, right?)

I think this might be the only actual Prometheus thing I've liked since JLA.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Great issue as usual, but it seemed like Midnighter handled Prometheus pretty easily. I remember in the Pre 52 universe, he gave the Justice League hell.

The fight was brilliant, but during the second half of this issue my pulse was racing thinking that the comic was wrapping up! I was so relieved to see the 'next issue' on the final page.