Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Default Writing game challenge

Hi, I've got an idea. Don’t know if it was done before here.
    Just thought I could spice things up with an idea.

A game of writing in wich we all submit characters, and someone has to write a story.
    These are the rules:

1) you may only give 1 hint of what your stories about
    2)Your character has to have atleast 3 personality traits, 3 skills/abilities.
    3) You decide how many characters and wich submitted characters you use.
    4) Stories should be organized in 5-6 paragraphs

What do you think?
    Have any suggestions? Do you wish to participate if so.

Here's my hint:
    My story involves 2 teams

My submitted character is Kervinosz, he is greek.
    His personality traits : inteligent, obsessed with the middle ages, reckless.
    His skills/abilities: expert at swordplay, he can teleport, he can sense magic.
    Last edited by SilverSpider; 05-01-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

hmm. This could be a fun way to work some creative muscles. My only suggestion is to add the stipulation that the stories are somewhat bite-sized (5-6 paragraphs limit). Otherwise there would be dozens of pages most people probably wont bother to read through. Also sometimes having limits is more challenging imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    hmm. This could be a fun way to work some creative muscles. My only suggestion is to add the stipulation that the stories are somewhat bite-sized (5-6 paragraphs limit). Otherwise there would be dozens of pages most people probably wont bother to read through. Also sometimes having limits is more challenging imo.
    I would be down to give that a try.

Sure only the number of paragraphs is a limitation more on the story organizing then the actual size of it.
    I'll add this to the rules.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I would be down to give that a try.
    Cool the more the merirer. Have any questions or suggestions do not hesitate to ask.
    Creativity is awesome.

I'd love to join as well. I'm a little confused as to who is going to write when? Is it a bit like an on going story in which everyone contributes their own chapter to it, using the submitted characters?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'd love to join as well. I'm a little confused as to who is going to write when? Is it a bit like an on going story in which everyone contributes their own chapter to it, using the submitted characters?
    Im not entirely sure.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-01-2014 at 01:33 PM.

The idea behind it is we all submit characters with some traits and skills, then someone picks characters(how many he/she wants) to write stories.
    It can be a multi part story aswell. Just don't post all parts at once cause it ruins the suspense for what happens next.
    The advantage with everyone writing they're story independently is we don't have to wait on each other, we can write whenever we feel like it. This way the game doesn't mess with our real life schedule.

That doesn't mean we can't try you're idea of an ongoing later with all of us writing different chapters.
    For now let's start with independent stories, see how that goes.
    Last edited by SilverSpider; 05-01-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Creativity is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    The advantage with everyone writing they're story independently is we don't have to wait on each other, we can write whenever we feel like it. This way the game doesn't mess with our real life schedule.
    This might cause problems later on, people have a certain mindset of how a OC works and it all goes sideways.

But either way, I'm down with this.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARD View Post
    This might cause problems later on, people have a certain mindset of how a OC works and it all goes sideways.

But either way, I'm down with this.
    Welcome to the game.

For starters I'd like everyone involved to post a character with atleast 3 traits and 3 skills/abilities.
    Don't make it too long but don't forget to put a bit of personality into them.

I submitted my first character in the opening post.
    Once everyone posts some characters stories can be written.
    Creativity is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    The idea behind it is we all submit characters with some traits and skills, then someone picks characters(how many he/she wants) to write stories.
    It can be a multi part story aswell. Just don't post all parts at once cause it ruins the suspense for what happens next.

That doesn't mean we can't try you're idea of an ongoing later with all of us writing different chapters.
    For now let's start with independent stories, see how that goes.
    Sounds cool enough. I actually like it when different writers interpret the same character(s) in their own way.

I'm going to take some time to dream up a character. I don't want to rush one out too fast, so I'll get back on this.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Sounds cool enough. I actually like it when different writers interpret the same character(s) in their own way.
    Same here. Id like to see how everyones different versions turn out.

Sounds like fun

My character's name is Isabella.
    Personality: She's a fun loving girl of 19 whom always has something nice to say. Even though she likes quintessentially 'girly' things like stickers, unicorns, and pink, she's fascinated with death and darkness, and enjoys pain (when it is inflicted on her and not others). She believes in the law to the highest degree and has no qualms about sacrificing even her friends if it means obeying it.
    Abilities: A trained marks woman, she's also adept in hand-to-hand combat, but only engages in fisticuffs when she needs her 'daily dose' of pain. She's also a wicked interrogator.
    Last edited by Charmed; 05-03-2014 at 10:19 AM.

I'm going to take some time to dream up a character. I don't want to rush one out too fast, so I'll get back on this.
    Have fun. Theres no time limit.

Same here. Id like to see how everyones different versions turn out.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Sounds like fun

My character's name is Isabella.
    Personality: She's a fun loving girl of 19 whom always has something nice to say. Even though she likes quintessentially 'girly' things like stickers, unicorns, and pink, she's fascinated with death and darkness, and enjoys pain (when it is inflicted on her and not others). She believes in the law to the highest degree and has no qualms about sacrificing even her friends if it means obeying it.
    Abilities: A trained marks woman, she's also adept in hand-to-hand combat, but only engages in fisticuffs when she needs her 'daily dose' of pain. She's also a wicked interrogator.
    Awesome entry. Welcome to the game.
    Creativity is awesome.