Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Default Characters from other countries that you would like to see in DC.

I would like to see DC try out some of the characters that reside in other countries.
    A new Global Guardians, Great Ten, JLI.
    What characters would you like to see again form international teams in the DCU.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Indonesia, South America, New Zealand. . .Any characters from those places?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    Indonesia, South America, New Zealand. . .Any characters from those places?
    We have Fire (brazilian) and El Gaucho (Argentina) at least. El Gaucho is basically a Batman INC product, but can work independently. Fire had a high profile at DC for a long while, but is in limbo now.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I'd love to see the Great Ten show up again. Really liked those guys and they work within a system quite unlike the American characters, which makes for different story opportunity.

Alpha Centurion (Rome) has been missed for a long time. I hear he showed up in Doomed recently but I couldnt bring myself to buy the book.

Canterberry Cricket, from Flashpoint's London, was supposed to show up again and has yet to be seen. I'd love to see more of that weird guy.

Fire and Ice need some attention to make them viable. New status quo, new purpose, new costumes.

Several characters from Batman Inc should show up somewhere, (Knight and Squire in particular).

Im sure there are more that escape me right now. Ive always liked seeing characters from outside the States in DC comics, just to get a different viewpoint on things.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Alpha Centurion (Rome) has been missed for a long time. I hear he showed up in Doomed recently but I couldnt bring myself to buy the book.
    He's in Teen Titans now (as will be the character from Doomed), but I think a lot of people have the same problem there....
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I'd love to see some more General August in Iron. He was definitely my favorite part of the New 52 JLI.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I'd like to see Jack O Lantern again and OwlWoman.

Canterberry Cricket, from Flashpoint's London, was supposed to show up again and has yet to be seen. I'd love to see more of that weird guy.
    OMG, I hated this character! I thought I was the only one who remembered he even existed.

I'd also like a Kiwi or a Samoan. Not sure there's been any representation yet.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love for DC to get their act together and do a Global Guardians series or even another Justice League International and feature more international heroes. I miss Godiva, Fire and Ice. Where's Crimson Fox, Tasmanian Devil, Jack O'Lantern, Seraph. If they need a bat, then use Nightrunner or El Gaucho or any of the other from Batman Inc (Will never say no to Knight and Squire.)
    And let's not forget the highest profile of international heroes Vixen. DC really needs to get their collective thumbs out of their arse and get these characters in books pronto!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

He certainly was weird. What's even weirder is that we don't actually have crickets here in England. Maybe in the Flashpoint reality.

Good choice though.

BANNED

Vixen. That is all.

Fantastic Member

Rocket Red and Freedom Beast.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Vixen. That is all.
    Yep. Also: Classic Rocket Red.
    Cyclops was right

I created a thread a while ago that may interest some of you:

http://community.comicbookresources....IONAL-DC-team&

I think DC should focus hard on elevating their international characters. Vixen and Kymio Hoshi have so much potential and nothing's beinb done with them in the publishing division.
    I'd love to see a new Global Guardians series that could offer less stereotyped versions of the international characters or a revival of Rucka's Checkmate dealing with world politics and featuring the Guardians as recurring characters.

Doesn't Wonder Woman live in London?