Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Heck yes! I always thought a Cyborg film seemed a bit mundane since the character is more of an ensemble player than solo. A Teen Titans film would be my dream come true! Hopefully based on the Wolfman/Perez era with the Grayson/Starfire/Raven/Donna/BeastBoy/Cyborg lineup. Though I am worried this might interfere with that rumored Titans show that's supposed to be premiering next year or something.
    Dont think DC cares. Think trey trust people to understand tvs one thing films are another. Unless they go out of there way like marvel to connect them. Honestly i bet we see a DCCU Ollie in short order. Especialy if we get Black Canary and shes a hit. Then again iono didnt they put an embargo on the Suicide squad and deathstroke from arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Steel. He would be a good choice. And a good family man/role model.
    Thanks to Shaq he is forever unclean lol

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    That would be one of my top lineups for the Titans. Alas, Cyborg seems fated for the JLA. :-(
    I just hope we don't get anything like the awfulness that is going on in the current TT run. Though for all I know the series could have gotten better from the last time I read it.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I just hope we don't get anything like the awfulness that is going on in the current TT run. Though for all I know the series could have gotten better from the last time I read it.
    I suspect it will be something like that. Or that childish Teen Titans Go stuff.....eek! Hope not. I'm with you though. If the Perez team has a chance it will be because, of the Teen Titans Go kiddy cartoon though. Hopefully more grownup.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In a crowded team movie you want two GLs. Skip MM and have two GLs. They need to have Stewart in JL and he mentions theres another named hal but hes sequestered back on Oa or something. Im assuming MM being skipped was for two reasons. 1 to many people , 2 they have there alien in supes. Also while MM would most likely be played by a black actor(weather cgi or prostetics) wouldnt count as a black hero in the movie. Same as no one counts Gamora as a black hero. Just saying two GLs in a justice league movie is a waste. No matter how great both charatcers are(love hal and jonn)
    Indeed Aquaman and Mera...might only work because while they share a theme they have different powers unless u just want a married couple for dynamics lol. Two GLs when you got 7-9 slots.....yeah no thanks. Heck even the cartoons usually make Martians focus more on shapeshifting and tp then physical strength.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Indeed Aquaman and Mera...might only work because while they share a theme they have different powers unless u just want a married couple for dynamics lol. Two GLs when you got 7-9 slots.....yeah no thanks. Heck even the cartoons usually make Martians focus more on shapeshifting and tp then physical strength.
    MM plays a hugely important role in the JL hes just a weird character and i understand a martian from mars on top of supes and everything might be to much to soon for a movie with alot riding on it. Peter mensah(doctore from spartacus) woulda been perfect casting feels like a missed oppertunity for me as MM. I mean peter even has a weird shapped head wouldnt require alot of prostetics lol. Anyway even Mera should have a small part untill Aquamans movie. They want another girl bring in Dinah. The more variety the better, spice of life and all that.

Extraordinary Member

This is Good. Cyborg doesn't have the kind of History to support a solo film. Until recently, he's always been a team guy.

And frankly, he's better suited to a Titans movie. He was only added to the Justice League Book in order to have a black guy on the team, and he wasn't treated as well as his team mates. He can take the lead in a Titans movie, and show off his chops.

If you need a black character to elevate to leaguer status, there are a few things that character needs to be
    1. Treated on the same level as the rest of the team. (Meaning they're need to at least be plans for a solo film, or in the case of Comics, a solo title)
    2. Not be a character tied to another character (With the Exception of John Stewert, who is a legacy but not tied to Hal the way Steel is to Superman.)

Thus in my mind, there are two good black characters to be founding leaguers, with a third being possible
    1. John Stewert
    2. Static, preferably an adult static who's been in the game since he was a teenager

And the possible choice is Martian Manhunter, whose John Jones identity has been black for a while now

Of course, in my opinion, they should do all three

Mighty Member

I hope that they are talking about making a gay superhero in the Teen Titans movie. Please don't ruin the Barry Allen/Iris West relationship.

Astonishing Member

I'm okay with it, they can make John Stewart gay in GLC film for all I care. Since Barry can't be gay and Hal is too much of a player with tons of love interest. Whereas John Stewart never really had any serious love interest, so I'm okay if he's gay.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I'm okay with it, they can make John Stewart gay in GLC film for all I care. Since Barry can't be gay and Hal is too much of a player with tons of love interest. Whereas John Stewart never really had any serious love interest, so I'm okay if he's gay.
    Well, they made Alan Gay in the Comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This is Good. Cyborg doesn't have the kind of History to support a solo film. Until recently, he's always been a team guy.

And frankly, he's better suited to a Titans movie. He was only added to the Justice League Book in order to have a black guy on the team, and he wasn't treated as well as his team mates. He can take the lead in a Titans movie, and show off his chops.

If you need a black character to elevate to leaguer status, there are a few things that character needs to be
    1. Treated on the same level as the rest of the team. (Meaning they're need to at least be plans for a solo film, or in the case of Comics, a solo title)
    2. Not be a character tied to another character (With the Exception of John Stewert, who is a legacy but not tied to Hal the way Steel is to Superman.)

Thus in my mind, there are two good black characters to be founding leaguers, with a third being possible
    1. John Stewert
    2. Static, preferably an adult static who's been in the game since he was a teenager

And the possible choice is Martian Manhunter, whose John Jones identity has been black for a while now

Of course, in my opinion, they should do all three
    Because diversity means having only black and white characters?

Mighty Member

Because diversity means having only black and white characters?
    This is a point that I have made several times. Nowadays it seems that diversity (for many) means having black characters in addition to white characters. If they REALLY want to be diverse they'll make a black or white character LBGT. Nevermind all the other ethnicities that exist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    This is a point that I have made several times. Nowadays it seems that diversity (for many) means having black characters in addition to white characters. If they REALLY want to be diverse they'll make a black or white character LBGT. Nevermind all the other ethnicities that exist.
    I like the fact that Aquaman is native american/native hawaiian descent. I'm okay to have Mera have this sorta exotic hispanic/native hawaiian look. Even better have the whole atlanteans look sunkissed and like they're from hawaii.

I like that idea for Green Lantern, and think they should have done that a long time ago with Green Lantern. They're cops, and cops have partners.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I like the fact that Aquaman is native american/native hawaiian descent. I'm okay to have Mera have this sorta exotic hispanic/native hawaiian look. Even better have the whole atlanteans look sunkissed and like they're from hawaii.
    Why would a people who live in the sea and who hate the surface world look sunkissed?
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re