Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Steel. He would be a good choice. And a good family man/role model.
    Too derivative of Superman. They need someone who can stand on his own. Sure, Cyborg is more associated with the teams he was on, but he can be built as a solo star. He already has a strong theme (technology) that's unique to him in the JL. STAR Labs is also an element that can be explored and provide a good supporting cast to him. I really don't think good writers would have much trouble coming up with exciting takes on Cyborg.
    This is why I really hope they don't replace his solo for a TT movie. I'd be all for a Teen Titans movie, but not as a replacement for DC's only solo starring a black character. They say they're committed to diversity but that sure as hell doesn't send a good message.
    Ideally, DC should make a Cyborg movie AND a Teen Titans movie. I wouldn't want him as a permanent member of the team because he's already in JL, but they could use his solo to set up the TT movie. Maybe establish his friendship with Dick Grayson as the inspiration for the team's formation idk.
    Teen Titans could also be a great way to introduce more diverse heroes to the movie universe. Along with the usual suspects like Robin, Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy, I'd add Mal Duncan, Bumblebee and Bunker. Other legacy characters could be used in a Young Justice movie or series later on, but I think TT needs to stand on its own mostly.

BANNED

Tbh, I don't get why they wanted to go with a Cyborg solo movie to begin with. He's been around since 1980 and it's only now in 2015 he's managed to land a solo book, the rest of the time hes always been part of a team, including the times hes made the leap into animation, which is bound to be where most people know him from.
    My point is that Vic doesn't have much of a rogues gallery of his own, and the people who could be support characters are mostly made up of superheroes, the result is that the people handling the movie would have to so much more work to create the world around Cyborg than most others to make it all work.
    Plus the studio has no idea if Vic will appeal to movie audiences atm, so it's a bigger risk for them to give him a solo, if he hits it off with a team movie first, then he can get a solo, same as the others.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I can care less about any TT movie since it likely wouldn't have Garth and Wally or Bart and Conner. Not interested in DC52 or DCYou.
    Might be interested in GLC if its not just those two because a 'corps' implies more than two. I'd want Guy and Kyle along with the more familiar aliens. THAT is a Corps.

This all would hinge on the writing and casting since nothing has killed my ardor for all things comics like characters and settings where the only things actually recognizable is the names. Otherwise it might as well be another Fantastic Four or Thunderbirds movie. -shudder-
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I'm okay with it, they can make John Stewart gay in GLC film for all I care. Since Barry can't be gay and Hal is too much of a player with tons of love interest. Whereas John Stewart never really had any serious love interest, so I'm okay if he's gay.
    John Stewart Love Interests (among others):

Tawny Young
    Beverly
    Katma Tui
    Rose Hardin
    Merayn Dethalis
    Carol Ferris
    --
    Hawkgirl
    Vixen

http://www.comicvine.com/john-stewar...ed-1458845/#25

I wouldn't mind seeing him date Soranik Natu on film.

Last edited by Captain13; 11-28-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Too derivative of Superman. They need someone who can stand on his own. Sure, Cyborg is more associated with the teams he was on, but he can be built as a solo star. He already has a strong theme (technology) that's unique to him in the JL. STAR Labs is also an element that can be explored and provide a good supporting cast to him. I really don't think good writers would have much trouble coming up with exciting takes on Cyborg.
    This is why I really hope they don't replace his solo for a TT movie. I'd be all for a Teen Titans movie, but not as a replacement for DC's only solo starring a black character. They say they're committed to diversity but that sure as hell doesn't send a good message.
    Ideally, DC should make a Cyborg movie AND a Teen Titans movie. I wouldn't want him as a permanent member of the team because he's already in JL, but they could use his solo to set up the TT movie. Maybe establish his friendship with Dick Grayson as the inspiration for the team's formation idk.
    Teen Titans could also be a great way to introduce more diverse heroes to the movie universe. Along with the usual suspects like Robin, Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy, I'd add Mal Duncan, Bumblebee and Bunker. Other legacy characters could be used in a Young Justice movie or series later on, but I think TT needs to stand on its own mostly.
    How is Steel derivative of Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Tbh, I don't get why they wanted to go with a Cyborg solo movie to begin with. He's been around since 1980 and it's only now in 2015 he's managed to land a solo book, the rest of the time hes always been part of a team, including the times hes made the leap into animation, which is bound to be where most people know him from.
    My point is that Vic doesn't have much of a rogues gallery of his own, and the people who could be support characters are mostly made up of superheroes, the result is that the people handling the movie would have to so much more work to create the world around Cyborg than most others to make it all work.
    Plus the studio has no idea if Vic will appeal to movie audiences atm, so it's a bigger risk for them to give him a solo, if he hits it off with a team movie first, then he can get a solo, same as the others.
    Well how many solos did Ant-Man have before getting a movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Besides the "S" on his chest and play on Superman's nickname? Not to mention his origin and powerset are Iron Man's.

Uhm, really? How is he not? LOL
    It's like saying Batgirl isn't derivative of Batman. Both great characters but there's really no denying their relation to the heroes that inspired them. It's right in their name (Steel is anod to "Man of Steel"), looks and general themes and portrayals.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Besides the "S" on his chest and play on Superman's nickname? Not to mention his origin and powerset are Iron Man's.

LOL right? Maybe he was being ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post

Lol exactly but he could be retooled or introduced if they do a Death of Superman story. But Cyborg would be easier to retool then steel. Plus when shaq breaks something he breaks it

Well how many solos did Ant-Man have before getting a movie?
    I am much more aware of pyms life outside the avengers then i am Cyborgs outside life. Pyms a prominent figure in the marvel universe, Cyborg is a titan. Again this is anecdotal but ive heard nothing of Cyborg outside his team books. he could be retooled and im ok with that. Also dont anyone pretend putting him and nightwing in a movie together will do anything but make Dick shine. Anything batmans related will always take center stage sadly.

Spectacular Member

They can replace Cyborg with Vixen.

BANNED

Going to be completely blunt. The only people who could possibly complain about this are people who have absolutely no knowledge of Cyborg's history and have their own agenda as far as the films. Because this is a character who was created for a team up book, who had his peak in that team up book, and has 95% of his relevant material in team up books or ensemble event comics, and his outside comic medium stuff is almost exclusively team shows.

This is the best possible move they could make. In fact, any other way would have been shoehorning Cyborg into a solo film because they felt like they had to. You get far more out of a Teen Titans movie, and it sets Cyborg up for success.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Going to be completely blunt. The only people who could possibly complain about this are people who have absolutely no knowledge of Cyborg's history and have their own agenda as far as the films. Because this is a character who was created for a team up book, who had his peak in that team up book, and has 95% of his relevant material in team up books or ensemble event comics, and his outside comic medium stuff is almost exclusively team shows.

This is the best possible move they could make. In fact, any other way would have been shoehorning Cyborg into a solo film because they felt like they had to. You get far more out of a Teen Titans movie, and it sets Cyborg up for success.
    Or these people do know about Vic's history and think there's enough about his story to hold a solo film. Afterall, they gave Wolverine a second movie after Origins so why is Vic getting a solo movie so blasphemous? Why do fans have to defend him getting a solo when they gave one to freaking Antman? Why is there suddenly an agenda because we want him to have a solo film?

Not only is Vic not a sidekick but his origin is independent of the Titans anyway.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-28-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Or these people do know about Vic's history and think there's enough about his story to hold a solo film. Afterall, they gave Wolverine a second movie after Origins so why is Vic getting a solo movie so blasphemous? Why do fans have to defend him getting a solo when they gave one to freaking Antman? Why is there suddenly an agenda because we want him to have a solo film?

Not only is Vic not a sidekick but his origin is independent of the Titans anyway.
    Lol false equivalency. Origins of wolverine was a bad movie, but the source material is there. Wolverine has enough solo story to make plenty of movies. Cyborg to my knowledge doesnt have much outisde his team dynamic. Wolverine has become his own thing, and xmen secondly. Cyborg is a titan first and only for most. I literaly know nothing about vic outiside the titans. Most feel the same from what ive gathered here. No ones saying Cyborg isnt as good a charatcer as BP,captain marvel,antman,wolverine or whoever else has been mentioned. They are just saying the story doesnt write itself like most characters. The movies are loose adaptions yes but they are adaptions. Cyborg solo doesnt have much to adapt without the titans.

Ok they can make an origin movie then what? They guys a team player never been anything else. Black lightening and mr terrific would make better movies franchises.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-28-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Because diversity means having only black and white characters?
    DC certainly seems to think so.

As to other forms of diversity
    They could have Kyle be the GL and upgrade him to full Hispanic instead of have
    They could have Hawkwoman on the team and make her hispanic (Well, an alien that looks hispanic at least)
    They could have Alan Scott, who's gay in the current continuity
    The Ryan Choi Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol false equivalency. Origins of wolverine was a bad movie, but the source material is there. Wolverine has enough solo story to make plenty of movies. Cyborg to my knowledge doesnt have much outisde his team dynamic. Wolverine has become his own thing, and xmen secondly. Cyborg is a titan first and only for most. I literaly know nothing about vic outiside the titans. Most feel the same from what ive gathered here. No ones saying Cyborg isnt as good a charatcer as BP,captain marvel,antman,wolverine or whoever else has been mentioned. They are just saying the story doesnt write itself like most characters. The movies are loose adaptions yes but they are adaptions. Cyborg solo doesnt have much to adapt without the titans.

Ok they can make an origin movie then what? They guys a team player never been anything else. Black lightening and mr terrific would make better movies franchises.
    He currently has a solo comic. I think they can adapt some stories from their for a movie. Scott Lang got a movie with a lot less.