Default Monkey D.Luffy vs Natsu Dragneel

Since they've both become demonstrably stronger following their respective time skips, How do you think the two would measure against one another now? This, of course, the current versions of both.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Natsu has indeed gotten pretty beastly after his timeskip. We've seen him:

- Melt the colosseum used for the Grand Magic Games just from heat of his attacks.
    - Spit out pin point accuracy fire shots that hit a bunch of robbers that were so far away you couldn't actually see them, it took a few seconds for the shots to reach them.
    - Blue Note used his magic to increase gravity to a point where nobody in its aoe could move and a large chasm was created in the ground. Natsu walked into the affected area and didn't even notice anything was different.
    - In the most recent chapter Natsu used his AoEs to wipe out 973 enemies in under a minute.
    - And there's the time he met a giant god and blew it up with one attack, a close combat one to be precise.

With all this I do believe that Natsu could do some serious damage to Luffy if he could get to him. The problem is that Natsu hasn't really gotten noticeably faster so Luffy still has the edge there, and that's before activating any of his gears.

Natsu's best bet would be to blanket the arena in massive AoEs in the brief moment when Luffy is activating gear 2 or 4 and hopefully do some damage that way. But in most cases I can see Luffy activating his gears and blitzing Natsu to paste.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-28-2015 at 02:50 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Agree with dark on this one. natsu's damage output is certainly high to mess up luffy but the speed advantage still belongs to the captain.

I think it's fair to say that Natsu is welll above Erza's level now. Unless the series Mary Sue has also gotten stronger that is.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I think it's fair to say that Natsu is welll above Erza's level now. Unless the series Mary Sue has also gotten stronger that is.
    not sure myself. that may change after natsu fights zereff in the upcoming chapter.

Extraordinary Member

Natsu definately has more raw fire power than Erza, one shoting the war god puts Natsu well above everybody in the series who isn't an actual dragon.

In terms of physical stats they seem to be evenly matched still.

Feat wise, Erza's endurance is higher than Natsu, in that she is typically fighting through more injuries than he is. She also has more varied abilities with her different weapons and armor, and it seems like Mashima will finally highlight this again instead of just going for the OP flame pants all the time.

But yeah, currently I'd say that Natsu's feats would allow him to defeat Erza in a rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Natsu definately has more raw fire power than Erza, one shoting the war god puts Natsu well above everybody in the series who isn't an actual dragon.

In terms of physical stats they seem to be evenly matched still.

Feat wise, Erza's endurance is higher than Natsu, in that she is typically fighting through more injuries than he is. She also has more varied abilities with her different weapons and armor, and it seems like Mashima will finally highlight this again instead of just going for the OP flame pants all the time.

But yeah, currently I'd say that Natsu's feats would allow him to defeat Erza in a rumble.
    Quite frankly I'm surprised he doesn't have her use her Fairy armor. Outside that one fight with her Edolous counterpart, she has never used it again, and it's supposed to be her strongest set.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Quite frankly I'm surprised he doesn't have her use her Fairy armor. Outside that one fight with her Edolous counterpart, she has never used it again, and it's supposed to be her strongest set.
    She's actually used at least once or twice since then and it's gotten beaten fairly quickly. The problem with most Erza fights is that all her armors get destroyed fairly quickly so she's forced to use the flame pants, which offer no magical boosts at all and become boring and tiresome in the long rung.

As for Natsu, spoilers for the latest chapter.

spoilers:
    Apparently he got a temporary boost from Igneel, which allows him to fight evenly with Zeref, who's putting up a half hearted attempt at fighting back. But still, the raw power Natsu displays with that boost totally puts him above Erza.
    end of spoilers

But it still doesn't give him the speed to hang with Luffy's gears. Again, his best shot is a massive AoE before the gears are activated and then to never let up