Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Same thing happened in Star Trek. They had an episode where Warp Drives were destroying space, so all the major governments agreed to a warp speed speed limit. After a few episodes, the matter was completely forgotten about and never mentioned again.
    To me, this plot had quite a nice touch, yet it seems they did not really think of an exit strategy. It could basically end the Green Lantern thing for good, or at least render all of Johns' plot points useless. Reminds me of the Spider-Man secret identity revelation. From this point on (everyone targeting the Parkers) there was not much room left to explore. So there was no other joice but to revoke the whole thing. If the energy drain stuff gets thrown out of story, it makes the better part of 2 years of storytelling obsolete. To me this makes the difference between good and mediocre storytelling: either you can add something to the whole myth (or expand it / put a new twist to it like Johns) or you tell a story which will never be mentioned again 2-3 years from now because it was revoked from the get-go.

Finally Hal has returned to Earth. I thought he was never going to return.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."