Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Green Lantern #47 Preview/Discussion

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/26936-previ...antern-47.html

Parallax kills some Sinestro Corps members as Hal returns to earth.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

I'm guessing Parallax is the one that made it out of Convergence? He thinks Sinestro is dead so it's not just the Fearbug busting out of New Korugar. Yikes. Poor Hal.

I am not terribly looking forward to him returning to earth, nothing good ever happens to him there although I am glad to see his brother.

I am also glad that Coccolo is pencilling most of the next three issues, I really prefer his art to Tan's.

I have mixed feelings on all of this...

Wow, so we might actually get to see Hal fight the version of himself as Parallax? That could actually be pretty awesome, and could be especially interesting considering Hal's renegade status, the absence of the Corps., and what Parallax did to his GLC.

It's also the perfect opportunity to show just how powerful Hal's gauntlet is by pitting it against Parallax .

Incredible Member

Whoa, is that the bona-fide original Parallax?

Excrement became realistic.

I hope Hal grinds some skillpoints with Sonar's face by using that glove of his, because he's about to fight a God. That glove got some sweet juice, tho!
    And its always nice seeing Sonar! Can't wait for it!
    Poor Virgo, I bet he would make sucess with women if Earth was more used to aliens.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Ugh. Why can't Tan do issues back to back? This book is monthly.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Ugh. Why can't Tan do issues back to back? This book is monthly.
    I think issue 50 is going to be oversized and they probably brought in a fill in for a couple months so Tan can draw all of #50, like they did during Godhead for annual 3.

Mighty Member

Wow, what an issue. RIP long hair.

I really like the scenes of Hal and his family, and I hope his nephew is okay.

Curious and terrified about that cliffhanger!

Always Rakzo

Quite liked the dynamic between Hal and his brother. Venditti's writing shines when he dedicates it to family relationships.

And I wasn't really expecting Parallax here!

I think than Parallax will become the Superman Prime of this decade and will try to recreate the universe, only to be stopped by pre-Flashpoint Superman.
    But it will be interesting to keep him around to haunt Jordan, as what could happen to him.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Overall an enjoyable issue, deffinantly looks like things are setting up for issue 50. I look forward to the eventual Hal VS Parallax battle roayal!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member

Interesting stuff here. Most interesting GL issue in some time. I've liked the premise but not so much the execution, but this one had bonus things going for it. Possible Convergence fallout wackiness ... Coccolo's better art ... and I even like the "comes home for small town earth time and there just happens to be a terrorist bombing by his old foe Sonar because super-hero life."

Fun. Hope the kid is okay. It'd be crazy for the family to have survived your Sinestro Wars and Blackest Nights and such only to have an earth-man small-time terrorist harm them.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Whoa Hal is suddenly Kevin Bacon now?

I can't help but think that Hal cutting his hair just when Parallax shows up (also short hair) isn't a coincidence...

If his gauntlet is so powerful, he really should have been able to fix the ferris wheel and get everyone to safety in almost an instant. A GL ring should be able to do that, let alone something as powerful as a dozen rings...

This read pretty quickly to me - like it could have been told in half the pages then gotten on to Sonar and the first round with Hal by the end of the issue. The extra time showing Hal with his brother or his family didn't really give us anything that deep.(not to mention the time wasted with the cops at his brother's apartment) Could've been done in three pages!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-02-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can't help but think that Hal cutting his hair just when Parallax shows up (also short hair) isn't a coincidence...

If his gauntlet is so powerful, he really should have been able to fix the ferris wheel and get everyone to safety in almost an instant. A GL ring should be able to do that, let alone something as powerful as a dozen rings...

This read pretty quickly to me - like it could have been told in half the pages then gotten on to Sonar and the first round with Hal by the end of the issue. The extra time showing Hal with his brother or his family didn't really give us anything that deep.(not to mention the time wasted with the cops at his brother's apartment) Could've been done in three pages!
    Yeah, it bugs me too that holding up the ferris wheel seemed like such a struggle, the gauntlet should be way more powerful than that.

I liked all the stuff with Hal and his brother but the cops showing up felt like a gag that was supposed to take up a couple pages. Venditti's pacing has been off for most of his run.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

No spoilers needed, but does Parallax play a significant role in this issue? I don't read GL, but I want to see if I should get this issue or not.