Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    No spoilers needed, but does Parallax play a significant role in this issue? I don't read GL, but I want to see if I should get this issue or not.
    Nope. He just appears at the end saying that the universe needs some fixing.

Typical Parallax stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    No spoilers needed, but does Parallax play a significant role in this issue? I don't read GL, but I want to see if I should get this issue or not.
    No, just a couple small scenes introducing him. I think they'll be leading up to some more major stuff in GL #50.

For the first time since issue in more than two I thought this Gl issue was decent. Hopefully it'll last.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Amazing Member

I always thought sonar was conceptually a very weak villain. Sound vs. Light. Nothing much going on there thematically, BUT if they're taking the route it looks like from this issue in making the man who can overcome great fear take on a man using terror attacks via sound then that is pretty brilliant and I'm more excited to see more of this updated sonar than I am of seeing parallax hal.

The thing about Sonar is that you'd think at this point Hal (or any GL) would be trained to create sound-dampening baffles to negate a sonic attack.

I would love to see Goldface show up though. For like the two seconds it would take a non-yellow weakness Hal to take him down. (I'm imagining the "scimitar vs. gun fight" in "Raiders of the Lost Ark")
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-04-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think than Parallax will become the Superman Prime of this decade and will try to recreate the universe, only to be stopped by pre-Flashpoint Superman.
    But it will be interesting to keep him around to haunt Jordan, as what could happen to him.
    Ok, ok, ok....

Been out for a bit, but is the Parallax space fearbug still inside Sinestro? I know this is other universe Parallax...

does that mean we now have TWO giant space fearbugs running around?? That could lead to some interesting ramifications...

Least of which is a Hal vs. Sinestro Spacebug fight!!

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    For the first time since issue in more than two I thought this Gl issue was decent. Hopefully it'll last.
    Hope so too.

Quick question, is your avatar Hal or Kyle?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ok, ok, ok....

Been out for a bit, but is the Parallax space fearbug still inside Sinestro? I know this is other universe Parallax...

does that mean we now have TWO giant space fearbugs running around?? That could lead to some interesting ramifications...

Least of which is a Hal vs. Sinestro Spacebug fight!!
    Sinestro Spacebug is powering New Korugar.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hope so too.

Quick question, is your avatar Hal or Kyle?
    Its Kyle from New Guardians #1
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The thing about Sonar is that you'd think at this point Hal (or any GL) would be trained to create sound-dampening baffles to negate a sonic attack.

I would love to see Goldface show up though. For like the two seconds it would take a non-yellow weakness Hal to take him down. (I'm imagining the "scimitar vs. gun fight" in "Raiders of the Lost Ark")
    hal's earth based rogues need some serious upgrading.

I wonder if Hal cutting his hair, and Parrallax being back is going to be their 'reset' button for the whole 'Renegade Hal/Most hated man in the universe' story?? Somehow shift all the things he took the blame for onto his evil clone?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I wonder if Hal cutting his hair, and Parrallax being back is going to be their 'reset' button for the whole 'Renegade Hal/Most hated man in the universe' story?? Somehow shift all the things he took the blame for onto his evil clone?
    wonder what they have planned for issue 50. renegade hal meeting parallax seems interesting. my worry is in the long run, dc will have to clean up shop and streamline again their continuity.

All-New Member

Hey guys,
    I've been off Green Lantern ever since the "Lights Out" arc. The last thing I understood was that every light aspect drained the universe off life, so Hal took it up to stop the other corps from using their powers. Every now and then I checked out GL, i.e. when Hal went "rogue".
    But what's the status now? Are the batteries and rings still draining the universe's life or has this plot point been resolved already (if, what issue)?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderQ View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've been off Green Lantern ever since the "Lights Out" arc. The last thing I understood was that every light aspect drained the universe off life, so Hal took it up to stop the other corps from using their powers. Every now and then I checked out GL, i.e. when Hal went "rogue".
    But what's the status now? Are the batteries and rings still draining the universe's life or has this plot point been resolved already (if, what issue)?
    It's been... not really resolved, but set aside and possibly getting resolved soon? In GL #34 Hal's brother basically tells Hal not to worry about it and then it doesn't really come up again. But part of the Lost Army story is that the GLC was sent back to Relic's universe at the point in time where it's about to start collapsing so it may come up again in Edge of Oblivion with some kind of resolution. Although there was also a scene in Lost Army where emotions get drained out of a go so maybe they do plan to roll it back.

It feels like they started ignoring the reservoir thing but it's an elephant in the room since it's kind of a big deal for the GL universe.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It's been... not really resolved, but set aside and possibly getting resolved soon? In GL #34 Hal's brother basically tells Hal not to worry about it and then it doesn't really come up again. But part of the Lost Army story is that the GLC was sent back to Relic's universe at the point in time where it's about to start collapsing so it may come up again in Edge of Oblivion with some kind of resolution. Although there was also a scene in Lost Army where emotions get drained out of a go so maybe they do plan to roll it back.

It feels like they started ignoring the reservoir thing but it's an elephant in the room since it's kind of a big deal for the GL universe.
    Same thing happened in Star Trek. They had an episode where Warp Drives were destroying space, so all the major governments agreed to a warp speed speed limit. After a few episodes, the matter was completely forgotten about and never mentioned again.