Thread: Aquaman #46

Default Aquaman #46

A lot of forum action with the announcement of Cullen's departure, but didn't see a thread for the latest issue.

Aside from the jarring change from the original solicit, this was definitely an uptick in quality. Enjoyed the hunting team's reappearance and glad that Garth was absent as he didn't seem to belong with this group anyway. Suppose he was over in Titan's Hunt, throwing down with Grayson.

So what did everyone think?

I liked it, it was en enjoyable issue.

Things are certainly in motion. I liked the story well enough, always enjoying a Wonder Woman/Aquaman crossover, although I still loathe that new costume she wears these days.

Did I miss something or not quite remember something? Wasn't Aquaman trapped on some other planet at the end of the previous issue?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Did I miss something or not quite remember something? Wasn't Aquaman trapped on some other planet at the end of the previous issue?
    I'm wondering the very same thing! was there a crossover that no one advertised?

Also, How does Aquaman fly? when he & Wonder Woman are over the river right before the attack, they are clearly hovering. Anyone know anything about this?
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Presumably, he used his trident correctly this time and opened a portal back. It was a hasty use of the trident that got him to an alien world in the first place. Though it might have been. Good to mention it though it's clear the book is wrapping up so that might mean certain things won't be addressed.

Actually, the alien world arc was not necessary I think. The Thulians I think offered the magnitude of the Thule threat so I am not sure it was necessary to show the alien world. If Arthur stayed several issues on the planet then maybe but it comes across as a pointless issue. No offence to Mr Bunn when I say that. It seems the better transition would have been straight from being stabbed by Siren to him meeting Diana. The Thulians could have healed his injury instead. Though it does show the higher end feat of his trident which is cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightHour View Post
    I'm wondering the very same thing! was there a crossover that no one advertised?

Also, How does Aquaman fly?
    when he & Wonder Woman are over the river right before the attack, they are clearly hovering. Anyone know anything about this?
    In Issue 43 I believe it was Aquaman listed some of his new abilities one of these included control over wind Im guessing he's manipulating wind to grant him levitation or something

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    In Issue 43 I believe it was Aquaman listed some of his new abilities one of these included control over wind Im guessing he's manipulating wind to grant him levitation or something
    Control over wind? Like Beano? I guess the lawyers had a problem with tiny wings on his ankles.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Always Rakzo

Boy, I thought that this was even duller than the last issue. Bunn's exit is clearly felt here by making a chapter mostly focused on Arthur and Diana talking to come to a conclusion that we all saw coming. The transitions between chapters is not the best either.

Boring.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Holy crap this was a messy snoozer.

I REALLY like Aquaman as a character, but I jumped ship when Parker left... I guess with Aquaman I should say that I jumped onto the ship when Parker left.
    I have no beef with Vegans

I dropped Aquaman, along with a bunch of other titles, for financial reasons, early in Parker's run. Am I understanding things correctly that, after Johns temporarily lifted up the character during by "restoring" its "iconic" elements for a newish audience, subsequent writers have decided to spin the book in in radically different directions from one another instead of building the refurbished/restored status quo? Because, isn't that what happened to Aquaman, well, *before* it was decided he needed Johns to restore him to his "iconic" version? Or am I getting it wrong?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I dropped Aquaman, along with a bunch of other titles, for financial reasons, early in Parker's run. Am I understanding things correctly that, after Johns temporarily lifted up the character during by "restoring" its "iconic" elements for a newish audience, subsequent writers have decided to spin the book in in radically different directions from one another instead of building the refurbished/restored status quo? Because, isn't that what happened to Aquaman, well, *before* it was decided he needed Johns to restore him to his "iconic" version? Or am I getting it wrong?
    Yeah, pretty much. Though Parker did a good job of building off of what Johns had built up. Being a long time Aquaman fan, I remember Peter David building up Aquaman, only to see writer after writer trying to put their stamp on Aquaman, and taking him in completlyg different directions, none of which seemed to last.

Parker's run was completely fine and at some moments better than Johns. Nothing he did contradicted what Johns did and his last arc about his mother nicely expanded on Johns mythology.