Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    What stretched credibility to me, is Clayface monologuing about how he didn't respect Bruce Wayne becuase Bruce wasn't paying attention to his son ONCE. ...and also why bring it up?

Imagine you're being arrested for murder and you just happened to be disguised as some politician and you just start complaining about him cheating on his wife... its like... this doesn't fit enough.
    Yeah I agree it did seem kind of convenient.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

1. Black Mirror (OP said he meant Snyder's run, Cap or not)
    2. Court of Owls/Night of Owls
    3. Death of the Family
    4. Superheavy
    5. Endgame

I enjoyed the Clayface arc, don't know where to put that.

Zero Year doesn't even rank I think it sucks as a Batman origin reimagining. DC should have left pre-FP YO contintuity very mostly intact.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

1. The Black Mirror.
    2. Superheavy.
    3. Endgame.
    4. Zero Year (1st. Secret City, 2nd. Savage City, 3rd. Dark City).
    5. Gates of Gotham. (w/ Higgins and ignoring the fact this is a McCarthy art book, not Capullo. But hey, Black Mirror, also not Capullo.)
    6. Nowhere Man.
    7. The Court of Owls.
    8. Death of the Family.

For me, it's been interesting to watch. Snyder's Black Mirror impressed the crap out of me but the follow-up stuff really didn't speak to me at all in a lot of ways. Leaning way too hard into the horror. So in what's the reverse of a lot of people's most beloved Snyder runs, for me he's been getting better and better, instead of devolving from the early heights into worse and worse stuff. I debated mentioning Batman Eternal, too. Eternal is flawed. Very very flawed. But engaging and had me excited every week and juggles the crap out of all the stuff happening in the Post-Morrison/Post-Snyder Gotham, and launched all the better books, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com