Super Moderator

Default Tom Holland Confirms "Spider-Man" Film Shoot In Atlanta; Talks Secret Identity

"Spider-Man" is following in the footsteps of "Captain America: Civil War," as the film will also shoot in Atlanta, Georgia.

Full article here.

BANNED

Holland also discussed Spider-Man's uniqueness in the MCU, as the only hero with a true secret identity: "I think one of the most interesting things about Peter Parker for us is that he’s the only person in the MCU now that has a secret identity, so we all know who everyone else is

Nope. The MCU Matt Murdock is the first hero introduced to the audience who is the secret identity of Daredevil the Netflix series ARE a part of the MCU

So, are they just going to CGI NYC buildings in for his web-swinging scenes?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Toronto as Washington DC in X-Men. Atlanta as New York in Spider-Man. Fun times of substitutes. Nothing beats the real thing even if you can hide it well. How much of the previously Spider-Man films were predominantly shot in NY? Did they use other locations?
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Toronto as Washington DC in X-Men. Atlanta as New York in Spider-Man. Fun times of substitutes. Nothing beats the real thing even if you can hide it well. How much of the previously Spider-Man films were predominantly shot in NY? Did they use other locations?
    IIRC, Spider-Man 2 did a little bit on NYC and Chicago but the majority was in LA.

Films do this all the time. You don't need to be in NYC if you are filming in Sound Stages.

CGI may be bad at making a natural looking Transformer or monster, but it works wonders for settings. You can be sure the whether it's Atlanta as New York or even New York as New York, or sound stage as Tupelo, MS, it's probably being transformed way more often and seamlessly than you might expect.

Check out this video on the abundant CGI in..Wolf of Wall Street?
    https://vimeo.com/83523133

and Ugly Betty??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDjorAhcnbY

Seriously, those videos are short and super interesting.

It's important to remember that Marvel New York isn't like Real New York... Raimi Spider-Man understood this; they did film in New York, but they chopped the city up (and probably embellished a good bit) to weave together the kind of endless skyscraper tapestry the comics have; the kind that Peter could swing across for a long time without running out of building or having to turn around, or where Hulk could have an explosive fight in one area and the FF can't even see it from the Baxter Building.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Gotham (in Nolan's movies) was a combination of Chicago, and UK cities. Metropolis (in MOS) was a combination of Chicago and Vancouver. However, both cities are located across the bay from one another. From the south of New Jersey and top of Delaware.

The NYC skyline is more important to Spider-Man though, since it's such a part of who he is. Everyone else, pretty much gets away with shooting wherever.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I guess everybody has a budget but there's something odd about a Spider-Man not shooting in NYC. Even 'Gotham' manages to shoot in NYC

Well, it's really happening. Marvel is going to get its wish and bring Spider-Man into the MCU. It's excited, but at the same time I'm somewhat reluctant to get overly excited. The Amazing Spider-Man movies did a poor job of reinventing Peter Parker. This movie is supposed to follow a similar formula, keeping him a teenager in high school. That's all well and good, but we just got two movies with those themes. How is this one going to set itself apart? That, more than anything else, is going to decide the success of this movie in my opinion.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.