Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Batman and Robin Eternal, #9

Red Robin and Red Hood have followed a trail of technology to the island nation of Santa Prisca and the mysterious monastery built on the site of what was once the worst prison in the world...but that prison was once the kingdom of Bane, and he wants his kingdom back! Meanwhile, Dick Grayson and Harper Row meet the mysterious Sculptor, a woman who reshapes minds! And with every clue they assemble, a terrible picture of Bruce Wayne's darkest hour is emerging...

Full article here.

Dang. I was hoping Bane would be making am awesome return after his great Forever Evil arc. But I guess he's back to being a plot device with Santa Prisca.
    How about Alex?

Extraordinary Member

Jason messes up as Robin, he destroys Tims plane and steals equipment from Bruce (despite the fact that his cyberblades could be used for gliding before) lets hope he wins at least his rematch.
    And they still ignoring the fact that Jason has two flaming swords

Tim is insufferable. I really hope at the end of this book it's revealed he was created by Mother and he gets a soft reboot. A query for Jason Todd fans- what is Jason's helmet made out of and why can it change expression?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Tim is insufferable. I really hope at the end of this book it's revealed he was created by Mother and he gets a soft reboot. A query for Jason Todd fans- what is Jason's helmet made out of and why can it change expression?
    No one knows. Some artists make the helmet look like a mask, supposedly to make him have more expressions. Every Red Hood fan I know hates this kind of helmet.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I HATE THAT EFFING HELMET

Can't we get Medri's helmet back?

And wow, way to be subtle and to miss the whole damn point about the Order of St Dumas, Tynion.

Why doesn't Jason just where a red mask
    He has this weird uncanny valley thing going on where he talks and makes faces through a helmet.
    I see we are not going to get the superior bane coat costume here sad

BANNED

Cant wait to see Bane get his ass kicked by Jason,Tim and JPV. Batman has done it twice,Batwoman has beaten him,Croc has beaten him,Alfred has taken him and Batgirl owned him in Futures End. Dude is just a jobber who shows up with other Arkham loons these days and this guy was supposed to be Batman's roided reflection.Now he needs to sneak attack Batman's boys and scamper before they retaliate.

What match is Jason referring to btw? surely not that awful roboBane in a steel cage because that was just awful.

A query for Jason Todd fans- what is Jason's helmet made out of and why can it change expression?
    I don't know but they clearly must have carried that tech over to the Batman Beyond suit which not only shows the wearer's expressions but you can actually see their teeth in the suit's mouth. That design works great in animation but I've never been able to fully imagine what a live action interpretation would really look like.

Shark repellent will always be the most relevant Bat-reference, eh? I was hoping for a better showing by Bane here too but he's already off to a rough start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Jason messes up as Robin, he destroys Tims plane and steals equipment from Bruce (despite the fact that his cyberblades could be used for gliding before) lets hope he wins at least his rematch
    This is good, while Grayson`s time as Robin has been expanded the most in the reboot, we still get these snips at Jason`s time as Robin and knowing he was the one who encountered Bane before (as opposed to Tim this time I guess) is cool. Interesting rematch here.

Stealing Bruce`s stuff? That`s for fun

And they still ignoring the fact that Jason has two flaming swords
    Kind of overkill, those can slice aliens in half.

I know some fellow Hooders dislike it, but personally I don`t care. There`s no in-story explanatin to it and I don`t believe/think there needs to be. It`s akin to Terry`s mask, Spiderman`s eyes, etecetera. It`s just artistic interpretation to showcase more emotion than you could with just the eyes.

Some artists do infact go with the expressed desire to draw the details of the helmet`s configuration and design, so sometimes it looks more like a Iron Man/mask with the mouthpiece and sometimes it`s a cartoon mask. It started as a straight up faceless red mask of sturdy material.

If I could pick an in-story explanation, I would be more than fine with Jason having a set of different gears, masks included, for his persona. Sometimes it`s more urban with the jacket, sometimes towards the mercenary, like curently it`s been in RHAA and previous Robin Eternal issues.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-30-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    This is good, while Grayson`s time as Robin has been expanded the most in the reboot, we still get these snips at Jason`s time as Robin and knowing he was the one who encountered Bane before (as opposed to Tim, this time I guess) is cool. Interesting rematch here.
    But these Jason was a bad Robin and allways messed up kind of annoys me.

BANNED

But these Jason was a bad Robin and allways messed up kind of annoys me.
    In my view he hasn`t been picked apart in that regard. This is him admitting he messed up a previous mission when he was Robin. They have all messed up as Robin (except Tim?) whom on the other hand is severly lacking in background and character development. Look at Dick. He`s had Batman and Mother telling him how he`s messed up before. Damian had Bruce and the others telling the same.

Apart from this and maybe saying to Barbara he`s not a good guy, there isn`t much to it to be a big deal here.

There`s also the consideration that him messing up is motivation enough to do well against Bane and perhaps steal a rematch in his favor.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-30-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    What match is Jason referring to btw? surely not that awful roboBane in a steel cage because that was just awful.
    Shout be Robo-Bane, it's the only time they met in the new 52, and I don't think they met when Jason was Robin.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yeah, the rematch is about robo Bane.

BANNED

I may have a dim memory of that, but I can`t place it. Was it when Jason was Robin or Red Hood?
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-30-2015 at 07:11 PM.