Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Curt Connors/ Lizard Appreciation

The Lizard has generally been my favorite Spider-Man villain, partly because I like the dynamic of Spider-Man holding back against him because there's a good man inside, and partly because he has a great combination of look and power set.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite Lizard images.

And I just love a visual of the crying Lizard from Amazing Spider-Man #6.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

For my money, no one ever drew The Lizard quite as well as JR SR----he perfectly combined the ferociousness of the character but retained a humanoid form, something that has been generally lost in recent years. The cover below is one of my favorites and the arc in ASM #44-45 is probably my favorite Lizard story though both ASM #75-77 and Spectacular Spider Man #127 are both really solid stories as well.

ASM 44.jpg

PS---I love McFarlane's rendition of the Lizard though I felt this was the first time his humanity was lost a bit in his depiction. And the deaths of both Martha and Billy, both poorly delivered, cost a lot of the empathy one could have for Curt. There was a time when Spider-Man was a friend to the whole Connors family and, with that tether cut, something important in the relationship has been lost as well.

Curt Connors/Lizard is a great character. My favorite Lizard stories are Amazing Spider-Man #75-77 (part of the Tablet saga, iirc) and Torment.

I don't feel like alot of writers have used Curt to his fullest potential over the years. Its really too bad he's not around right now, because it would be cool to see him working at P.I.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I know it isn't considered a Lizard story, but I like him in the Six Arms saga. It was good seeing him work with Spidey.

My favorite Lizard story is most likely ASM #365. His first appearance is great as well.

I need to read more Lizard stories.

Lizard is easily in my Top 5 villains, and I think it's the "Jekyll/Hyde" aspect of the character that really draws me to him. Rhys Ifans portrays one of my all-time favorite versions of the character in ASM1, and there is so much great stuff between Spidey and Connors throughout all media IMO. He's definitely one of my favorites.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

A John Romita Sr original...

A black and white page from Amazing Spider-Man #6.

And, for the hell of it, a weird-looking real lizard.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A John Romita Sr original...
    WOW----where is that JR SR original from?? I love it....

Interesting sketch Erik Larsen posted on twitter.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Connors has the unique flavor of being both a compelling villain and a compelling supporting character.
    I hope his human personality eventually makes a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Connors has the unique flavor of being both a compelling villain and a compelling supporting character.
    I hope his human personality eventually makes a return.
    His human personality is the one that's currently in control and has been since his last fight with Spuder-Man at Horizon Labs. It's just, now he's trapped in the Lizard form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    His human personality is the one that's currently in control and has been since his last fight with Spuder-Man at Horizon Labs. It's just, now he's trapped in the Lizard form.
    Though you have to wonder how much of a distinction there really is anymore now that he's turned his family into Lizard zombies to keep them alive.

That sounds like the kind of crazy plan only the Lizard could come up with .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    His human personality is the one that's currently in control and has been since his last fight with Spider-Man at Horizon Labs. It's just, now he's trapped in the Lizard form.
    True....but he isn't by himself anyway; especially if you've read THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA One Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Interesting sketch Erik Larsen posted on twitter.

Cool! That's the sketch he did for me. I didn't know he was taking a pic of it to post on his twitter.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Lizard is a character I feel so sad for. He just wanted to heal himself, and in doing so turned himself into a monster, and more recently his family aswell.
    Yet somehow after all that horror his character is still compelling. That's how you know that you're dealing with a quality character.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.