Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

Spider-Man Unlimited #19 Feb 1998
    Where Monsters Dwell
    A harrowing journey into the twisted mind of the lethal Lizard!

Something weird is going down in Miami, and with crime in the streets skyrocketing and corruption in high places out of control, all signs point to Doctor Connors' reptilian alter ego!

Is it possible that the scaly-skinned creature has been able to extend his incredible mind control powers from reptiles to humans?

Script by Mark Bernardo, pencils by Joe Bennett https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.p...ett%20(artist), inks by Joe Pimentel

I loved the Lizard since the first time I read his debut, as a poster wrote above it was always interesting watching Spidey hold his powers in check and again I agree about the killing of his wife and Billy he would never have done that to the ones he loved. My feelings for the character changed after that incident.
    Hail Hydra!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The Lizard has been featuring recently in the newspaper strip.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

A great classic menace. I've always found the concept behind the Lizard extremely creepy and unnerving.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

My favorite single-issue Lizard story has a nice cover.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Pretty fun clash going on between Peter and Lizard in the newspaper strip right now, with Lizard strengthened by Bruce Banner's blood and sporting a different half-naked look with just the torn jeans. He plans on unleashing a "reptilian revolt"

a selfish wish maybe but I've always wanted Connors and Ant-Man to meet. they (and Curt Connors wife) are the only characters in the Marvel Universe from Coral Gables, Florida. and it could be argued that they are of similar age.

BANNED

I didn't know that the comicbook character Scott Lang is from Coarl Gables, Florida Thanks for the info!
    I find it unlikely that Lang and Connors are of similar age though.

J. Scott Campbell considered a Lizard variant cover for Amazing Spider-Man #800.

https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/s...92233090297857
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    J. Scott Campbell considered a Lizard variant cover for Amazing Spider-Man #800.

https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/s...92233090297857
    Thats at least the second Lizard art by J.Scott Campbell that have not been published so far.
    The Spider-Man limited series by Jeph Loeb and J. Scott Campbell that have never been published had Lizard as a protagonist as well acording to the few interior art pages revealed.

BANNED

Looks GREAT!

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Steve Ditko!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #6 Nov 1963
    First appearance of the Lizard in "Face-to-Face With...the Lizard!"
    When reports of a humanoid-lizard (naturally dubbed "The Lizard") come out of Florida,
    Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson issues a challenge to Spider-Man: Defeat the Lizard.
    Hearing about this, Peter goes to see what Jameson's intentions are.
    He learns that Jameson only issued the challenge to sell more papers.

Later, while at the Natural History Museum with his classmates, Peter takes express interest in the lizard exhibits.
    When crooks try to rob the museum and take Liz Allan hostage, Peter slips away and changes into Spider-Man and comes to her rescue.
    Hearing another report of an attack by the Lizard in Florida, Peter decides to take Jameson's challenge.
    As Spider-Man, Peter pays Jameson a visit to take him up on his challenge,
    in the hopes that he'd send Peter Parker to Florida to take pictures of the event.
    The plot works, however it backfires ever so slightly: Jameson himself is going to accompany the boy in order to supervise him.

When they arrive in Florida, Peter makes an excuse of needing to buy film for his camera to get away from Jameson.
    As Spider-Man, Peter checks out his only lead: Curtis Connors, a resident expert on lizards.
    However, when he arrives at the Connors home, Spider-Man learns from Curt's wife that her husband is the Lizard:

He was trying to find a way to allow humans to grow back limbs.
    Since Connors had lost his arm in the war, he used himself as a guinea pig on the project.
    While his arm grew back, the side effects of the serum he created caused him to transform into the Lizard.

The Lizard then attacks the Connors home, and Spider-Man defends them.
    He then works in Connors' lab to create an antidote for the serum, in the hopes that it can change Connors back to normal.
    Going into the swamp to find the Lizard, he finds him and his army of obedient reptiles in an old castle.
    Setting up his camera to take pictures, Spider-Man battles the Lizard
    and eventually slips him the antidote which changes the Lizard back into his human form.

Connors thanks Spider-Man for his help, and they all decide to keep mum about the fact that Connors was the Lizard,
    as he had no control over what he did while in that form. Returning to a furious Jameson as Peter Parker, when Peter
    offers him the pictures (Which he said he bought off a local) Jameson dismisses them as fakes and tears them up.
    He then tells Parker that this dud of a trip is coming out of his future pay.

Returning back to New York, Peter tries his luck getting a date with Liz Allan,
    which ends with her hanging up on him because she is expecting a call from that dreamy Spider-Man.
    As a round-up to his adventure to Florida, Peter sends Jameson a mocking letter to the Bugle.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Steve Ditko https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-3/

Bleeding Cool has a spotlight on the toy renditions of the Lizard, from action figures to statues.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ay-the-lizard/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets