All-New Member

Default A live action Batman tv series pitch

I know I would like to see a Batman tv show that exists in the Flash/Arrow universe. So much so, that I even came up with four seasons of a Batman tv show. But let’s all have fun with this. Would you like to see a Batman tv show in the Flarrow universe? How would you do it? Who would you want in it?

This is a season one episode list.

The Bat
    Dark Disguise
    Not So Smart
    Enough Days In The Week
    Like Father, Like Son
    The Birdcage
    Inspiration
    The Sincerest Form Of Flattery
    Eco-Friendly
    A Really Bad Day
    The Long Halloween Part One
    Joke’s On You
    A Magician’s Touch
    Cold Blooded
    Lips Of Poison
    Fan The Flames
    Heads Or Tails
    Batgirl
    Hat Of Madness
    How To Catch A Bat
    Everything To Fear
    A Holiday’s End
    The Long Halloween Part Two

The first half is mainly dealing with mobsters and killers, with the Red Hood being the antagonist at the end in the mid-season finale. The idea of this is that the city is just average crime-wise. The insanity hasn’t taken over the city yet. There’s little things, like a Riddle based criminal who likes to prove he’s smarter than everyone else, or a Cat burglar who takes the “cat” part a little too literally, even an over-enthusiastic eco-terrorist and a thug working for Oswald Cobblepot that has a scaly skin condition, but that’s about it. The criminals are fairly average, as are their crimes: Serial killers and mobsters. Batman changes the way people look at themselves as criminals. A joke of a mobster Ozzy “The Penguin” Cobblepot the joke of the criminal underworld becomes angrier more vicious, less cowardly, Roman Sionis kills his Father, the head of the Sionis crime syndicate, by setting him on fire, leaving only his blackened skeleton and smashes his coffin at his funeral and keeps a piece of it to carry around like a security blanket. The Red Hood’s view of reality starts to warp and become distorted. The Red Hood kidnaps the mobsters in the mid-season finale to force them to prove to him that they deserve to live in the vision he has for Gotham. Harvey Dent begins to crack as well, lashing out in anger, taking an almost vicious view of justice at first. The idea is seeing the the city become the city we know about. The character becoming the characters we know. Jim has to develop a trust and partnership with Batman. Bruce has to fully become Batman. Barbara has to become restless and agitated with the state of the city and develop a desire to do something about it and become inspired by Batman. The RH gathers the mobsters at Ace Chemicals Plant, where Batman comes after him. This concludes with The RH falling into the chemicals.

We then time jump ahead a year.

The second half is when stuff gets crazy. Like Frozen Men and a Super Strong Zombie and Magician’s and Giant Bat Creatures and Fear Toxin spraying Men and Mind Controlling Hats and Fire shooting Bug Women. The Joker comes in and Harvey Dent cracks in half finally and becomes Two-Face. Robin comes in and Barbara becomes Batgirl. That’s basically about how now that Bruce is fully Batman how does he deal with it, especially now that he’s got a team to worry about, with this background arc of The Holiday Killer.

Season 2 would be focused on a more mini-arc based status with the background of a League Of Assassins threat.

There’s a time alteration arc. This would involve a crossover with Flash and a discussion about the dangers of time travel. Helena’s redemption arc would arise in this as well. As would Dr. Fate. Helena’s issues would be shown as a side effect of the time travel that occurred within this universe.
    Then we’d have a Court Of Owls arc.
    Then we’d have a Hush/Ra’s Al Guhl intermingling arc. The idea of this would play out as road to the season finale arc. The Court Of Owls might have a play in all that as well.

Special thanks to i-own-a-bearshark on tumblr for the idea of having the court of owls involved in season 2.

Meanwhile there would episodes that would have focus on some characters like Slade Wilson. As a way to right the wrongs of his character. If ya’ll have any ideas on that I’d like to hear them.

Ra’s is going to have to be nixed. By that I mean I’d have to completely discredit Arrow’s version. Ra’s would say that Fake Ra’s was once a student of his that he’d chosen to take his place, but he failed his test to kill Damien Darhk, so Ra’s kicked him out. He then took over an abandoned Ra’s Al Guhl area and put together his own League as a way to prove himself to the real Ra’s. The whole Oliver is the new Ra’s thing would’ve been his way of adhering to the League rules and killing Damien Darhk to impress the real Ra’s and hopefully gain his acceptance. This isn’t a crack on the actor who played him on Arrow. But on the character.

The Ra’s Al Ghul daughter thing is an idea that I’ve given some thought. That would be something to get around. The first idea I had was that Fake Ra’s stole Nyssa as a baby from one of Ra’s lovers and kept it as his own as a way to have a cemented Al Ghul reign in his League.

An idea that I thought would work, again with a little something from i-own-a-bearshark, is to have a Green Arrow vs Batman two part episode, possibly as the season 2 premiere.

Among all of this would be Harley Quinn’s character arc.
    The introduction of Jason Todd.

My thoughts with Harley Quinn are different than other versions. I want to play up the pathos of the character more and have a stronger emphasis on her friendship with Poison Ivy. In fact the idea I had was that Harley was actually Poison Ivy’s psychiatrist at first and that’s how they connected. One of the great things that I loved about their friendship in the animated series was that Harley was probably one of the only people that Poison Ivy cared about. I really want to give that more attention.

This would be the first 11 episodes of season 2:

Batman vs Green Arrow
    The Hunter And The Huntress
    Progeny Of The Bat
    Face Of Fate
    Riot
    Ravager
    The Return Of Slade Wilson
    A Broken Harlequin
    The Birds Of Prey
    Court Of Owls
    Vengeance And Justice

Does anyone have any thoughts? Please tell me what you think!

God bless you all! God bless everyone!
    Last edited by Dagenspear; 12-01-2015 at 05:21 AM.

All-New Member

This is my fan cast.

Luke Mitchell or Ryan Kennedy as Bruce Wayne/Batman

All-New Member

Shelley Hennig or Nina Dobrev as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Jack Coleman as Captain James Gordon

All-New Member

Colin Donnell as Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Brie Larson as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle

Dylan Minnette as Richard “Dick” Grayson/Robin/Nightwing

All-New Member

Adam Godley as Alfred Pennyworth

Alan Tudyk as The Red Hood/The Joker

Alison Brie as Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn

All-New Member

Lacey Chabert as Zatanna Zatara

Seth Gabel as Edward Nashton/Edward Nygma/The Riddler

Tobin Bell as Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze

All-New Member

Giancarlo Esposito as Professor Hugo Strange

Garret Dillahunt as Julian Day/The Calendar Man

Yvonne Strahovski as Firefly

All-New Member

Alexis Denisof as Zsazz

Kevin Durand as Killer Croc

Mark A. Shephard as Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin

All-New Member

Joe Morton as Lucius Fox

Enver Gjoak as Roman Sionis/Black Mask

Mark Pellegrino as Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat

All-New Member

Jeremy Davies as Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow

Claire Holt as Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy

Oded Fehr as Ra’s Al Ghul

All-New Member

Laura Mennell as Talia Al Ghul

Blair Brown as Dr. Leslie Thompkins

I also couldn’t think up someone to play the Mad Hatter. So, I would really like a suggestion on that.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I definitely would not set in Flash/Arrow Universe. No reason really to set it in there. I'd not put Flash or Arrow in my Batman show.

I thought up a long pitch a long time ago that was sorta similar....mobs to freaks, then I'd transition to maybe Ra's, and then some weirder unexpected paths ala Twin Peaks and Morrison's run with Hurt and Darkseid.

Anyway, we can all not expect a Batman show for some time due to the film rights and dilution fears.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I definitely would not set in Flash/Arrow Universe. No reason really to set it in there. I'd not put Flash or Arrow in my Batman show.

I thought up a long pitch a long time ago that was sorta similar....mobs to freaks, then I'd transition to maybe Ra's, and then some weirder unexpected paths ala Twin Peaks and Morrison's run with Hurt and Darkseid.

Anyway, we can all not expect a Batman show for some time due to the film rights and dilution fears.
    I really just wish we could have Batman on tv and on the big screen.

I wouldn't mind if he was in the Arrowverse, I just want a full DCU on tv.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics