Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    And one-shotting a bunch of Space Whales who were previously walzing through buildings like dry paper and no-selling Iron Man's best shots (until he found the weak spot).
    Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    There was a long post with video time stamps and stuff explaining why the "whales going through buildings like paper" is a huge exaggeration in an older thread.
    Still doesn't change the fact that a Thor had a city blow up on his face, and was only knocked unconscious.

Given their similar combat speed, I really doubt Superman is.. Well, he's not nearly that strong or durable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Care to enlighten me, haven't read that post.

Anyway, I still see Thor as superior.

And yes, I'd say it's one of the few cases where Thor is actually faster, or at least as fast.
    Cavill-Supes doesn`t have any real blitzing feats (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Sparda View Post
    Friday says to Tony, the vibranium core has a magnetic field, keeping the City together. If Thor/Tony just deactivated the core, Friday states the city would simply fall apart, still leading to a massive deathtoll. An alternative is presented where Thor's power is used to vaporize the entire city AFTER Tony creates a heat seal that prevents Thor's power from escaping the city and destroying the nearby helicarrier, meaning his power doubles back up. The core and engines are not destroyed, as you see them falling intact among the wreckage. So it is in fact Thors power that vaporizes the city.

The atomic reaction thing is simply his power being redirected by the vibranium core as foreshadowed earlier in the movie.
    The city isn't vaporized. It's broken apart by the blast into smaller chunks with less momentum by the blast of the reactor. Those chunks are shown falling to the surface.

Combat speed vs travel speed implies that movie Supes can't use his speed in combat. He definitely can, just in a more limited way than "punch a million times in the face". He's still perfectly capable of using himself as a battering ram, or blitzing into a position outside Thor's guard.

Frankly, it's not like Thor was underground when the city blew up. The force needed to divide the landmass was mostly used up. His actual durability is about what you saw in the fight with Kurse and Ultron.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 12-02-2015 at 11:59 AM.