Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shazam(2016) Rumored

If I turns out its true and they are making a Shazam movie pretty soon here. Anyone else think that's where The Rocks mysterious DC role may be? Hopefully not as Batson cause the Rocks way to old and the wrong Color. Although for years one of the most repeated fan castings has been what? The Rock as Black Adam. I mean one Black Adam is an amazing character who I happen to think the Rock would be great as. I mean the guy has become a pretty good actor, all the people who claim other wise just don't like him and never will. Doesn't hurt he looks like Black Adam and has the right complexion to be from Kahndaq.

Also Black Adam hasn't been seen in live action before that I know of, so that fits with Rocks claim of his character. He also said the character was very complex and deep. Black Adam rides the line of Moral ambiguity. Plus not to many actors have the body mass to play him. If Cap Marvel is a little leaner like MOS Superman that ok,but Adam should be a specimen. Anyway anyone else think that's what the Rocks role is gonna be?

Despite all his cryptic Tweets that reference John Stewart. I think Black Adam is more likely. Also if they do a Flash-Gl Team up I think a recast Hal Jordan is more likely then John Stewart. I mean if we get a team up I rather have the Hal-Barry Allen bromance.

Anyone else think this is likely? Or do ppl still think hes gonna be John Stewart? (I love John Stewart by the way, but the actor should be fully Black not Samoan like the Rock)

Personally, I'd rather Shazam fight The Monster Society of Evil (led by Sivana and Mr. Mind). I've always seen them as the characters real arch-enemies, also, I want to hear the phrase 'Monster Society of Evil' spoken on-screen in a major motion picture. Also: Mr. Tawny is an absolute must!

yeah looks like Rock might be Captain Marvel...*cough* *cough* I mean Shazam.

I just want to see Cyborg and Shazam team up in live action

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah looks like Rock might be Captain Marvel...*cough* *cough* I mean Shazam.
    I Highly doubt he would be Captain Marvel haha I mean Shazam. They would have to find a kid of similar complexion, and I don't see the Rock Pulling off the Kid trapped in a mans body routine. If hes in it I think he would be Black Adam. The rocks whole Persona in half of his Movies screams F**** you. Similar to Black Adams attitude when hes a member of the JSA or the legion of Doom. Good or bad ive always seen him as constantly grumpy. Plus they can focus on him just wanting to get Isis back. Make that the reason for everything evil he does. Or to protect Kahndaq either or.

I don't see the Society being the Antagonist in the first film. I agree with you that Black Adam isn't his Arch Nemesis. Mostly because Black Adam is just as much a Anti-Hero as he is a Villian. He could be on Caps err I mean Shazams side in some begrudging manner in a sequel if a first movie is even happening of course. Black Adam looks like Namor and is capable of the same things in some respects. Hes capable of horrific things if it means protecting his people and land. Also capable of Super Heroic acts and sacrifice. Also they could use Black Adam as a tale of warning for Shazam, being as Black Adam was Shazam first and all. Calling captain Marvel Shazam muddys the water and is confusing IMO. Err I hate it. Carol danver,Mar-vell,and Billy all coulda been called Captain marvel and it woulda been a hell of a lot less confusing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think a SHAZAM film will do well, but I think it's a mistake to put him in the Justice League right away. He's too similar to Superman.

Give us Hawkgirl or Black Canary.

Well The Rock confirms he is not John Stewart. That he is either Shazam or Black Adam. The Phrase just say the word, couldn't apply to anyone else really but those two. I thought Black Adam without a doubt but now it sounds like he might be Shazam. I guess he has done a lot of hammy roles so maybe he wil surprise me. Still think he would be the perfect Black Adam.

I'm not sold on a Shazam movie just yet. I first need to see if DC can get Wonder Woman right in a movie. DC has yet to prove, with Watchmen being a rare exception, that it can do a good movie that doesn't involve Superman or Batman. They'll have their chance with Dawn of Justice. If they can make that work, then I can get behind a Shazam movie, especially if the Rock is involved.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't see the Rock Pulling off the Kid trapped in a mans body routine.
    Really? Cause I think the Rock as a person kinda seems like a kid trapped in a man's body. He'd make a cool Black Adam too, he does badass well.

Yea a lot of his early movies Game Plan,Tooth Fairy,Be cool etc were reall goofy comedic characters. Im sure he could pull it off now the more I think about it. Yet Black Adam is like a role he was born for. Plus If shazam is in the Justice league in the future, him and Superman could never stand next to each other. Lol the rock will make Canvill look like a child. Im still worried with the size Afflek put on he wont look more physically impressive then supes. Canvill did a great job getting ready for MOS. You can only add so much to the frame you were born with without lookin like a no neck. We will have to wait and see.

No matter what role the rock is cast as, I wont have any worries about his performance. Affleck im optimistic about, same as Gadot. Yet still have some small worries. Think they will both surprise us though especialy afflek. A fanboy playing Batman could be a good thing. When he did Daredevil is wasn't really anybody and had no leverage. Now hes a accomplished actor and acclaimed director. I think he will have the biggest behind the scene effect on this movie. Anyway there are still doubts with every actor including Eisenberg as Lex. The Rock will pull of whatever character he is. Most likely Shazam possibly Black Adam. Hes gonna be the star though so Shazam is more likely by far. Also im not worried about Jeremy Irons the mans a terrific actor. He will bring something new to Alfred we haven't seen before. Every other new addition has something to prove. Also if Jason Mamoa is in it I wouldn't be too worried about him either as Aquaman.

The Rock has the People's Eyebrow and used to have hair similar to Black Adam's. He also already played Scorpion King, who is from the same region of the world as Black Adam. However, The Rock is a face, not a heel, and he is currently starring as Hercules, so it's not a stretch to play a superhero with the strength of Hercules and the power of his daddy. I could see The Rock as Superman, really. He's huge and has a winning smile. Henry Cavill would look puny on a JLA team with The Rock as Captain Marvel.

I hope whatever role he's playing, it gets announced sometime this week, or weekend. Would be a nice thing to discuss and get excited about.

Hopefully whether he's playing Black Adam or Captain 'Shazam' Marvel, he does well in the role, and has it become a standout for him. Hopefully they therefore cast well for Billy Batson, but I think Will Poulter, age wise and what have you, might have a good go to him there. He's in Son Of Ranbow and The Maze Runner, latter this year.

Played Eustace Scrubb in the 3rd Narnia film.

Also, can I ask - I knew there to be two Captain Marvels, one in Marvel, no matter who it may at any time be. And, another in DC, with a large Marvel family, who I know from this Infinite Crisis story. So, what's the story with in Justice League: War and all that, having him be called Shazam instead of Captain Marvel? Is it because of the simplicity of one word as the name, the one Batson says to get out CM?

Is it legal stuff I've heard about, but don't know fully about? To avoid brand confusion with Marvel?

Mighty Member

And who thinks it should be directed by Matthew Vaughn or maybe Garath Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I hope whatever role he's playing, it gets announced sometime this week, or weekend. Would be a nice thing to discuss and get excited about.

Hopefully whether he's playing Black Adam or Captain 'Shazam' Marvel, he does well in the role, and has it become a standout for him. Hopefully they therefore cast well for Billy Batson, but I think Will Poulter, age wise and what have you, might have a good go to him there. He's in Son Of Ranbow and The Maze Runner, latter this year.

Also, can I ask - I knew there to be two Captain Marvels, one in Marvel, no matter who it may at any time be. And, another in DC, with a large Marvel family, who I know from this Infinite Crisis story. So, what's the story with in Justice League: War and all that, having him be called Shazam instead of Captain Marvel? Is it because of the simplicity of one word as the name, the one Batson says to get out CM?

Is it legal stuff I've heard about, but don't know fully about? To avoid brand confusion with Marvel?
    When DC sued Fawcett and got the rights for Captain Marvel from them they never copy righted the name again. So marvel has had a lot of Captain Marvels, most recently Ms Marvel took the mantle I belive but iono haven't kept up. Anyway when they rebooted with the new 52 they changed his name to Shazam to avoid confusion and make him more distinguishable im guessing. They could call him Captain Marvel in the movie if they wanted I believe. Marvel doesn't own the name, to the best of my knowledge. Again don't quote me this is my best guess without doing any research. Im sure if you google it you can find the exact facts surrounding the name change.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post

Will Poulter is 20 years old and stands a rather tall 6'2". He might've been an OK pick to play young Billy a few years back, but that chance is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    When DC sued Fawcett and got the rights for Captain Marvel from them they never copy righted the name again. So marvel has had a lot of Captain Marvels, most recently Ms Marvel took the mantle I belive but iono haven't kept up. Anyway when they rebooted with the new 52 they changed his name to Shazam to avoid confusion and make him more distinguishable im guessing. They could call him Captain Marvel in the movie if they wanted I believe. Marvel doesn't own the name, to the best of my knowledge. Again don't quote me this is my best guess without doing any research. Im sure if you google it you can find the exact facts surrounding the name change.
    Okay, I appreciate you telling me all that, Midvillian1322. I truly never really knew most of it, though I heard a scrub of some, though for sure not all.

I will make sure to look it up, TY.

Hopefully things are cleared up for me. I prefer Captain Marvel myself as opposed to Shazam, and hopefully Aquaman won't get pushed aside for him come DOJ and JL, as opposed to how Justice League: War went. I can understand it's a bit more concise and all, nice flashly and done, have the word Billy actually uses to transform in the chap.

Also, two questions, just personally for you: which name do you prefer for him, and which do you think would be more likely used in this possible (or possibly likely) film?