Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

You know, Billy might not be white in the movie, it's not like that is central to his character.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    You know, Billy might not be white in the movie, it's not like that is central to his character.
    See, in a lot of cases, you could say the skin colour, hair, or gender even, aren't important to them, whatever about diversity and all that, but whatever about its' importance, it's still a part of that character, whether as they were originally conceived - black, white, gay, straight etc - or how they tend to be. So, I wouldn't say that's a good argument for such changes, though I would buy moreso into the one about the right actor is white, character was black, or character was white, is now black, but not one about how it's not important to them, so can take it away.

Not meaning to be agressive by the way, just how I feel.

Also, could have Billy white, and Shazam black, as they are, though connected, still separate people, as were Rick Jones and Captain Mar-Vell, so the skin colour, height, weight etc don't have to match, therefore. Just a possibility, y'know?

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Also, could have Billy white, and Shazam black, as they are, though connected, still separate people, as were Rick Jones and Captain Mar-Vell, so the skin colour, height, weight etc don't have to match, therefore. Just a possibility, y'know?
    It depends on the interpretation. "Kingdom Come" had Billy age into a man that looked just like Captain Marvel. I don't really have an issue with a Rock-like mixed, or brown kid playing young Billy.