Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Paul Dini and Eduardo Risso Team For "Dark Knight: A True Batman Story"

To be published next year by Vertigo, the graphic novel is inspired by Paul Dini's violent mugging in 1993.

Full article here.

Pretty much always down for these two working on Batman, but together is amazing!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The article is not so full yet as it is "updating," but here's this:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...aumatic-842031

My comment: Not what I expected at all. Very super personal. Sadly it seems Batman & his rogues are a lesser focus somewhat than Dini himself (or his proxy) as the protagonist. I'm interested though. Vertigo label. Risso. Overall, a very unique use of Batman & his characters.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm actually more interested after reading the article on HR than I was before.

Very interesting. I wish someone other than Batman would get these unique standalones for once, but still the concept is so intriguing it might actually manage to standout in the plethora of batman books.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I've actually heard Dini talk about this event in a podcast he did with Kevin Smith back in 2011. Very interesting.

Spectacular Member

This type of book could be very helpful in educating people about trauma and anxiety. When something terrible like this happens you don't want to leave the house and you start having irrational thoughts and fears. It's helpful folks understand how mental health can change in a person and make it less stigmatized. I can't wait for this book!

BANNED

Dini and Risso... wow... sold !!! and the book will be a Vertigo title...hmm... a more adult Batman book ? i can't wait. and i didn't know about this mugging.... just horrible :/

and Paul Dini should take over Batman Beyond and bring back Terry Mcginnis...please please please...

I was scared for the title at the beggining but it turns to be a interesting project. But it seems more like a realworlds story.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wow, that's cool. I'm not a Batman buyer but this has appeal of its own.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Very interesting. I wish someone other than Batman would get these unique standalones for once, but still the concept is so intriguing it might actually manage to standout in the plethora of batman books.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Bird

Like this one?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

More excited for this than the Miller/Azzarello comic.

MUST HAVE

hot damn! dini and Risso!

All-New Member

Yes, I heard about the writer's unfortunate experience, I hope he recovery well.

Batman in Vertigo? Brilliant concept!

I'm sold.

This sounds fascinating. I think Dini is still criminally underrated as a Batman writer and gets the character/world on a level that a lot of people tend to miss. I'm looking forward to this.