Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default GIANT-SIZE X-POSITION: Duggan Goes Rogue in "Uncanny Avengers" & "Deadpool"

In the second installment of a massive X-POSITION, writer Gerry Duggan answers reader questions about mercs, mutants, mayhem and more.

Full article here.

Nice. So that's "telekinesis, pre-cog flashes, big gun and metal arm" all confirmed as being back. It remains to be seen whether or not his cybernetic arm is just that or if it's techno-organic in nature. Glad to see his TK back, even if no TP. Though I'd say his pre-cog flashes count as a psychic power, so I guess that's kind of replaced his low-level telepathy.

Also, Duggan has solid taste in Cable comics. The Joe Casey/Ladronn stuff is definitely a favorite run of mine.

Am I wrong, or is this a Deadpool book masquerading as an Avengers book?

I'd say you're wrong, at least from my perspective. Deadpool is a prominent character, sure. And him funding the team kind of makes him their Tony Stark at this point. But it's very much a team book, and feels like one to me.

And I'm optimistic that we'll get plenty of Cable and Rogue too. The hell with everyone else, though. The less of them the better. Well, except Johnny Storm I guess. And Doctor Voodoo.

Also looking forward to learning more about Cable's new A.I. program, Belle. Sounds interesting.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Yep. I knew Synapse was the inhuman token. She seemed like it from issue #1. At least i feel better(?) now that i know the writer is making her be a token on purpose...

In Dugan I trust.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

All-New Member

To tell the truth I didn't like the first issues, but Cable is one of my favorites and those x-positions have given me hope for the series' future.

I'm glad there's confirmation about Rogue's power status, at least the borrowed ones, being explored down the line. This is honestly a better start than the previous run so far.

BANNED

Rogue and Deadpool explanation works for me. I'm glad for rogue it isn't a blind hatred when it comes to the inhumans.

If you're looking for an Atlantean team member, I believe there's a time-displaced Namorita kicking around the MU somewhere, last seen in DnA's Nova series. Or Water Snake from the last New Warriors run.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

Sounds like Blind Al is gonna be showing up with Joe Kelly in Spider-Man/Deadpool. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    Am I wrong, or is this a Deadpool book masquerading as an Avengers book?
    Well, more like an X-men book, but yeah...............................

I really like Duggan's work on Deadpool. He just seems to get Deadpool's overly crude brand of humor.

But I'm still not entirely sold on what's going on with Rogue. Ever since she joined the Uncanny Avengers cast, she's been in a state of limbo. She's never had a chance to interact with any of the other X-men. And she hasn't really had a major role with the rest of the team. She's basically become background character who only occasionally says something controversial. I wouldn't mind that role if she had another role in another X-book. As it stands, she's not getting a lot of action. I hope that changes with Cable and Gambit entering the picture.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

So far in UA I like Duggan's work only on Quicksilver and Deadpool. I really hope his Gambit will surprise me.

Amazing Member

Poor Deadpool his wife is cheating on him and he doesn't even know I hope he finds out