View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Jack Ketchum #1 (of 4)

0 0%
  • Black Science #18

0 0%
  • Citizen Jack #2

0 0%
  • Dark Corridor #5

0 0%
  • East of West #22

10 37.04%
  • The Humans #10

1 3.70%
  • IXth Generation #7

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #18

2 7.41%
  • Paper Girls #3

7 25.93%
  • Plutona #3 (of 5)

2 7.41%
  • Revival #35

2 7.41%
  • Rocket Girl #7

1 3.70%
  • Savage Dragon #209

0 0%
  • They're Not Like Us #10

1 3.70%
  • Where Is Jake Ellis? #5 (of 5)

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm with Doughy Man this week, Paper Girls and Revival both had strong issues, and I ultimately voted for Revival. Still hoping/waiting for Em to burn the entire world to the ground, but yeah this series is so consistent, I felt it deserved the vote.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Didn't read much with Image this week like I said, so... Plutona #3 gets my vote.

Break down goes like this:
    Prez #6 (might as well be an Indie title)
    Platinum End #2
    Plutona #3
    Unfollow #2

Prez is my pick of the week and has easily secured itself in my Top 5 Best Titles of the Year. So far, it's alongside March Book Two, My Hero Academia, Ms. Marvel, and one other title. It's also one of the very few comics this year to get a 10 out of 10 from me. The others were Gangsta. Vol. 5 & 6, Batgirl #40, and Sheltered #14.

Platinum End has some really good characterization (though it feels like a cross between Death Note & Future Diary at points), solid writing, and beautiful artwork. Was very surprised by the sudden jump in rating to M for Mature though.

Unfollow #2 has great characters... but lacks tension, horror, and story. This is a comic that really needs to pick up the pace currently.

I also read this week with other manga, Assassination Classroom Vol. 7 and Komomo Confiserie Vol. 2. Loved both manga even though they are extremely different from each other (one's an dark classroom drama comedy action series and the other is lighthearted romantic comedy for girls).
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 12-07-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    Black Jack Ketchum was odd, not bad, but it didn’t completely grab me.
    Yeah, I just read it. It was better than I expected, and enough to make me check out another issue, but I'm not completely gung-ho about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Platinum End has some really good characterization (though it feels like a cross between Death Note & Future Diary at points), solid writing, and beautiful artwork. Was very surprised by the sudden jump in rating to M for Mature though
    I loved Deathnote, and when I discovered Future Diary years later, it seemed like the closest thing to a Deathnote type series I would ever get. But now it just feels like the Deathnote crew is ripping of Future Diary. It is the exact same plot!! lol I was hoping for something more unique. But I am putting some trust in the creative team that they will make it worth my reading.

Voted for Nailbiter. A top notch issue of one of the best series on the stands. Seriously underrated. Revival was also one of the best issues of that series, really moved the mystery along this issue. Also, surprisingly, enjoyed Black Science quite a bit this issue. I was very close to dropping this series but this week's issue and backstory really grabbed me.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Prez is my pick of the week and has easily secured itself in my Top 5 Best Titles of the Year.
    Prez is one of the new DC series right? Some of the ones they announced, like Dr. Fate really seemed like interesting deviations from their usual output (which mostly isn't my cup of tea). Passed on them all in favour of more indies and the new Vertigo series and stuff, but sounds like at least Prez would be worth a go then?

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Revival was also one of the best issues of that series, really moved the mystery along this issue.
    Yeah, this issue coupled with the recent interview in which Seeley mentioned we're in the final year of the series really feels like they're gonna step on the gas and get to some form of conclusion soon.

Astonishing Member

Prez is brilliant, terrifyingly incisive and insightful with flawless execution on every level.

If Tom King is making the most structurally thoughtful books in comics, and Alan Moore is making the most thoroughly well researched & elucidated worlds, the Prez team is doing the most timely and relevant comic in the american market. There's nothing else like it, and those few that attempt to cover the same subject matter are doing a poorer job on every level.

I went with East of West this week. To me, it is Image's most consistent series right now.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Prez is one of the new DC series right? Some of the ones they announced, like Dr. Fate really seemed like interesting deviations from their usual output (which mostly isn't my cup of tea). Passed on them all in favour of more indies and the new Vertigo series and stuff, but sounds like at least Prez would be worth a go then?
    It's definitely worth a shot. With the first half of the maxi-series done, just wait to pick it up in trade form in Feburary and start following the second half when it returns March.

It was announced somewhere that Prez is returning in March?

East of West got my vote this week nudging out good solid issues of Nailbiter, Black Science & Paper Girls. Everything else from image this week was meh!

Paper Girls got my vote this week. Black Science and Nailbiter nice reads too, and Black Jack Ketchum started out rather well.

Dang some high praise for Prez huh, will look into it when the budget allows then! I've kinda dropped all Big 2 books (excluding Vertigo) but with this and Marvel's new Vision book getting superb reviews I might have to reconsider that position slightly...

I'll also second Prez. It's like Transmetropolitan, but kid friendly. Same aggressive themes but in a less graphic package, so you can get it for a young family member for Christmas and their uptight parents won't realize you are giving them something subversive. Very smart and very funny.

The new Vision book is also very very good. Image fans who are sick of generic Marvel stuff would like it. It has a very indie feel, almost like a Dark Horse horror comic.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Dang some high praise for Prez huh, will look into it when the budget allows then! I've kinda dropped all Big 2 books (excluding Vertigo) but with this and Marvel's new Vision book getting superb reviews I might have to reconsider that position slightly...
    I really liked what I saw of the new Vision title, so I pre-ordered the trade. Ditto Ultimates. I'm also enjoying Bombshells and the new Constantine book from DC. I can't ever see myself getting seriously into the Big Two again, but the marginal titles and alt-universe takes still deliver good stories while steering clear of the event-driven bullshit.