The Claw of Justice!

Default Where is Jake Ellis #5

Where is Jake Ellis #5 is out tomorrow! Based off of information in interviews, I think Tonci Zonjic is doing layouts and Jordan Gibson is doing the finished art. Here's the cover:
    where_cover05_web72.jpg

The Claw of Justice!

Did anyone else read this? I thought it was a good ending to the title, and I was pleased to see that Tonci Zonjic did more of the art than I first thought.

Haven't read my copy yet but super psyched it's finally out as I love this series. There must have been some kind of artist/writer disagreement or something to account for the delay.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Haven't read my copy yet but super psyched it's finally out as I love this series. There must have been some kind of artist/writer disagreement or something to account for the delay.
    I haven't heard about anything like that. Tonci Zonjic has been busy with Lobster Johnson, which is probably the reason for the delay.
    This issue was definitely worth the wait, though!

Fantastic Member

Well got this to complete the series but while its an ending its an extremely meh one.

First off, it immediately erases the powerful ending of issue 4 with Jake just appearing again with no explanation and providing assistance removing any weight from the last issue. Then Dawid gets taken out like a chump after the entire series was building him up as this formidable foe that is more advanced than Jon and I didn't get that at all with the final fight. Jon/Jake go back to the facility and find out from the doc that the point wasn't remote viewing but projection ugh okay. By issue's end it feels like we are right back to where the entire series started - Jon/Jake doing their thing and the project still going on so what was the point of it all and it made me question why it took this long to produce this when this second series was better off leaving it at issue 4 and coming back for a third series which now we'll probably not get. If the issue worked such that it was Jon envisioning what Jake would advise him to do as this second series sort of hinted at a few times I would be okay with that as Jon completes his transformation from analyst to operative/soldier but nope.

Art wise its okay but nothing really stands out and I'm especially disappointed in the coloring as its just there. In the series the coloring really stood out and helped set the scene that much more whether that was the nightclub scene or when they go to the facility in the original series, but here the colors don't pop or stand out much at all.

The Claw of Justice!

I can understand where you're coming from, but I really enjoyed it. For me, this would be a satisfactory ending, but they could still continue the series if they wanted to. The splash page towards the end ("I'm never alone") was a fist-pump-worthy moment.
    Another thing I really liked were the page layouts (that double page spread with the elevator was really innovative).