Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm coming up with some ideas for the 12 ideas that keep in the rhythm of the song....you know 10 Lords a Leaping hey I might actually have a use for that one. I have a few jotted down but I am open to suggestions if any one wants to send me a PM. I have a specific one for Namor I'm working on but when your PM box is free I'll write you about it.
    Next thing on my to do list.

And those sound so intriguing!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

From Fantastic Four 600, when the world is in danger -- in this case a Kree armada attacking NYC -- the FF calls it's mightiest heroes, which includes Namor.

And while he doesn't pass up the opportunity to remind the ladies of his attraction, he's also the one to deliver the rousing battle speech.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

When it comes to saving the planet, Namor was thinking 'Green' long before any other superhero. And when he ventured into the corporate world, it was solely to 'clean up' the environment.

[

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

When it comes to saving the planet, Namor was thinking 'Green' long before any other superhero. And when he ventured into the corporate world, it was solely to 'clean up' the environment.

[
    Loved this! Marvel should really keep in mind Namor's motivations towards "going green". Some of my favourite Namor moments are ones where he's acting on what he thinks is best for not only Atlantis, but the environment as well.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I love this one. Was this one of those house adds Marvel used to do or part of a story?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Loved this! Marvel should really keep in mind Namor's motivations towards "going green". Some of my favourite Namor moments are ones where he's acting on what he thinks is best for not only Atlantis, but the environment as well.
    I do to. It's a great ad, and yes, Namor is always relevant to topical issues, such as global warming, but Marvel continues to ignore that.

I love this one. Was this one of those house adds Marvel used to do or part of a story?
    Yes, it wasn't part of a story, but a faux ad, IIRC. I think it appeared in one of those Year In Review things, where they had faux ads for things like Latverian Express.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks, Rev! I wish Marvel would collect series like Marvel Fanfare ...or maybe I should just dive into some back issue bins for that in the Year in Review issues. I wasn't buying much when those series came out.

Thanks, Rev! I wish Marvel would collect series like Marvel Fanfare ...or maybe I should just dive into some back issue bins for that in the Year in Review issues. I wasn't buying much when those series came out.
    Me either. I keep thinking I should try to pick up Marvel Age and Marvel Visions (which I didn't even know existed until recently) too.

There was a trade called Marvel Fanfare, but I'm not sure exactly what it contained. And it was only one volume. Though bits and pieces from the run have been collected in various other trades. I'd love to see a book of all the pin ups they did in those books though. Some GORGEOUS stuff.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There was a trade called Marvel Fanfare, but I'm not sure exactly what it contained.
    It contained the first 6 or 7 issues of the first Marvel Fanfare series.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-11-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It contained the first story arc of the first Marvel Fanfare series-- the X-Men/Spider-Man story in the Savage Land.
    Thanks! But didn't those first issues also contain a second story? Was that included?

From Marvel Feature #2, where Dr. Strange has been ambushed and kidnapped. Clea magically attempts to find him with the Eye, but instead only manages to send his image to the last two people Strange spied on with the Eye, the Hulk and ...

Despite having met Strange only a few times before, Namor is willing to drop everything to seek him out, knowing if it is a Dr. Strange problem, it can be a world ending problem.

15 Days to Christmas

Namor, Hulk, Clea and Wong manage to find and save Strange, so he can defeat Dormammu -- with some help.

Namor and the Hulk are very much alive in the next panel, but as we can see, they stepped up without hesitation and were more than willing to die to save the planet.

"Namor and the Hulk died, so that you and the Earth might live."

From Fantastic Four 416, after a brawl with Reed Richards, the threat of Onslaught emerges and Namor fluffs up his ponytail and gives this response ...

"We must put aside our petty squabbles and fight in common cause."
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-12-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Love this last one

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Love this last one
    It is definitely something we see Namor doing repeatedly. Not the standing close to Sue, but Namor repeatedly seeing the big picture and offering to set aside differences.