Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Agree 100%

Hey Rev; I would love to hear about your whole Namor collection....You are the most passionate of anyone I have known about our beloved Prince. Please share with us sometime!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Agree 100%

Hey Rev; I would love to hear about your whole Namor collection....You are the most passionate of anyone I have known about our beloved Prince. Please share with us sometime!
    Thank, Mantis Girl. Though I do know a couple of other extremely passionate Namor fans -- they just don't post here. Last year's Advent calendar had more collecting stuff, but you are right. I should pull together the whole collection somewhere.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I would like to just hear what you have off the top of your head (or what you don't have). I would love to send you a Christmas present if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I would like to just hear what you have off the top of your head (or what you don't have). I would love to send you a Christmas present if possible
    You are so nice, Mantis Girl! The thought itself is a wonderful gift. Thank you! But I have a lot of the obvious comic book stuff, like Namor's solo runs, Defenders and SVTU. If I'm missing guest appearances, they'd be from the late 90s early 00s.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well if you change your mind send me your PO Box or address in a PM

From Sub-Mariner #64, where Namor and the Atlanteans are dealing with the fallout of an attack on Atlantis by Dr. Hydro and his Hydro Men. In previous issues, Dr. Hydro, a self transformed airbreather, had been kidnapping and transforming airbreathers into scaly amphibians, then brainwashing them into obedient followers he named Hydro Men. After defeating them, the Atlanteans are left with with the survivors, and Namor is not pleased with what has been done with them ...

Namor wants a more Canadian approach.

13 Days to Christmas

Namor tells it like he sees it.

Lamenting the failures of his Atlanteans, Namor's direct solution collides with the brainwashed state of the Hydro Men.

Angered, Namor takes his council to task on the treatment of the Hydro Men. Tamara seems to be more of a Republican.

Namor, dealing with today's problems back in 1973!

"I shall not stand by and see men herded like cattle -- nor segregated by race."

The true Xmas spirit indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The true Xmas spirit indeed...
    And sadly, viewed as a threatening.

Gerber, no surprise, took things in a more political direction and was pretty harsh in his portrayal of the Atlanteans. But his Namor here makes one proud to be a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And sadly, viewed as a threatening.

Gerber, no surprise, took things in a more political direction and was pretty harsh in his portrayal of the Atlanteans. But his Namor here makes one proud to be a fan.
    The fans of the Sub-Mariner all know well why they love this character. And because I'm Latverian, I'm allowed to say that they all perfectly reflect the True Marvel created by Bill Everett. The real True Believers...

From Marvel Comics Presents 33, sometimes, heroism is about saving the smallest of creatures...

Namor is having a great time hanging out with the wild life in the Everglades, I'm guessing ...

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-14-2015 at 01:45 AM.

12 Days to Christmas

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-15-2015 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The fans of the Sub-Mariner all know well why they love this character. And because I'm Latverian, I'm allowed to say that they all perfectly reflect the True Marvel created by Bill Everett. The real True Believers...
    Well, there's the speedo.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

This is beautifully done. I can't believe that Robinson, who seemed really intent on giving Namor some great stories in Invaders up and killed him for Squadron. Then again I shouldn't be surprised. Please keep it up Reviresco, seeing all these great Namor moments reminds me of why he should still be part of the marvel forefront, and not on the back burner.

"We must put aside our petty squabbles and fight in common cause."

Love this!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    This is beautifully done. I can't believe that Robinson, who seemed really intent on giving Namor some great stories in Invaders up and killed him for Squadron. Then again I shouldn't be surprised. Please keep it up Reviresco, seeing all these great Namor moments reminds me of why he should still be part of the marvel forefront, and not on the back burner.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

From Marvel Comics Presents 33, sometimes, heroism is about saving the smallest of creatures...
    It's amazing how simple a story has such an impact. Great Stuff. Love the environmental angle.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher