Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    This is beautifully done. I can't believe that Robinson, who seemed really intent on giving Namor some great stories in Invaders up and killed him for Squadron. Then again I shouldn't be surprised. Please keep it up Reviresco, seeing all these great Namor moments reminds me of why he should still be part of the marvel forefront, and not on the back burner.
    Thank you, Darkspellmaster! That's definitely part of the reason for this thread, and I'm glad you are enjoying them.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in Robinson. I actually didn't get the feeling that he was all that enamored (pun intended) of our Sea Prince, but he did mostly a good a job with him in Invaders, providing a welcome antidote to Hickman's abrasive Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Love this!
    It's the fluffy pony tail, isn't it? joking, joking. I love how Namor does that too. Also Reed admitting he's not fond of Namor.

It's amazing how simple a story has such an impact. Great Stuff. Love the environmental angle.
    Exactly! One of my favorites! Early Jim Lee and "silent" but written by Don McGregor, I believe. There's a few more pages, but the limits of CBR and time.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's the fluffy pony tail, isn't it? joking, joking. I love how Namor does that too. Also Reed admitting he's not fond of Namor.
    Probably because Sue is standing so close to him haha

Exactly! One of my favorites! Early Jim Lee and "silent" but written by Don McGregor, I believe. There's a few more pages, but the limits of CBR and time.
    Don McGregor doesn't get the praise he deserves. Wrote one of my favourite Black Panther stories as well.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Thank you, Darkspellmaster! That's definitely part of the reason for this thread, and I'm glad you are enjoying them.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in Robinson. I actually didn't get the feeling that he was all that enamored (pun intended) of our Sea Prince, but he did mostly a good a job with him in Invaders, providing a welcome antidote to Hickman's abrasive Namor.
    He tends to be like that. He'll do a great job with characters he's not a fan of then tends to sometimes screw up characters that he likes. And please do keep up the good work with this! I can't wait to see more!

From New Avengers Illuminati: Road to Civil War, where the Tony Stark calls the Illuminati together to rubber stamp his solution to the "Hulk problem." And Namor says ...

It's too bad Namor didn't remember this conversation when he agreed to work with the Illuminati against the Cabal in Hickman's New Avengers.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-15-2015 at 03:31 AM.

11 Days to Christmas

Namor stridently disagrees with the vote, and Stark's snark. There can be only one snark master, and in the Illuminati, it is the one true Sub-Mariner!

There's many panels of Namor in his element and Iron Man wishing he'd called the Illuminati meeting in a desert locale. Doctor Strange saves Tony from sinking to the bottom of the river and drowning, by hauling the pair out of the water and separating them.

And Namor, of course, is right, too.

"One minute Bruce Banner is your ally and the next you want to shoot him into space?!?!"
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-15-2015 at 03:31 AM.

Perfect treat and gift the last two days !

11th day before Christmas, I discover finally the context of the marvelous panel where Namor sends Tony in the air - a good way to fly without techs! I'm in love with that page since I saw it in the Namor's thread.

The 12th day is an absolute nugget! Pure gold ! Marvel Comics Presents #33, that's it? With Excalibur on the cover. I think I saw it somewhere... but didn't suspect that it hides such a treasure, only hinted by the small Namor on the cover. So good to know it exists!
    Last edited by Abe; 12-15-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Well, there's the speedo.
    Too bad you didn't put in bold the second sentence! These few words could have take a whole different meaning...I let you judge of the effect... :eek

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The fans of the Sub-Mariner all know well why they love this character. And because I'm Latverian, I'm allowed to say that they all perfectly reflect the True Marvel created by Bill Everett. The real True Believers...
    Not that I would have truly believed it, or started to imagine things, but...

I love those Illuminati panels, Rev! Always makes me laugh how hilariously outmatched Iron Man is under water against the Sub-Mariner. It's too bad Namor didn't have a more central role in WWH. Would've love to have seen him say "I told you so."

Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

ive always thought there should be a what if WWH hulk and namor team up...2 of marvel's violent tempers turn out to be cool level headed rulers
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Of Atlantis, thanks to share the page with unmasked Tony. Delightful!

And Dzub, I really love your idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Of Atlantis, thanks to share the page with unmasked Tony. Delightful!

And Dzub, I really love your idea...
    An even better edit.

Upcoming Reading:

An even better edit.

Wow ! Nice job ! More than that : very useful nowadays...In some circumstances, related to Atlantis or Latveria, you know... A pious and precious work !!!

An even better edit.

LOL! That's great!

A little cheating, with another version of yesterday's post. But I'm sure a bit of humor will be helpful with tomorrow's release of SS.

Boy, I bet Namor WISHES he had shot Black Bolt into space instead. ; p