Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Robin War" #1 Teases Major Status Quo Change for Dick Grayson

The Court of Owls are pulling the strings in the "Robin War," and their machinations may have repercussions for the original Boy Wonder.

Full article here.

Ehh, its too soon IMO but what are u gonna do. At some point though i figured the thing to do would be to bring them together.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-02-2015 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Nah it's not happening. I just hope Dick puts the Court to bed once and for all.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Well, it was established that Dick was sup[posed to become a Talon, so I'm betting that plays a part.

While Robin: Son of Batman is also solicited, I WOULD like to see Damian take on the Nightwing name if Dick doesn't. I think Grayson has a few arcs left in it, so maybe it'll just leave an easy "out" for Dick to return to being Nightwing somehow. Like with Ultimate Thor's hammer ending up on Earth-616 is obviously leaving it possible (and even probable) that Odinson will use that hammer so Jane can keep the original Mjolnir.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Incredible Member

"The Nightwing"? I mean, it's not saying Dick has to be Nightwing, and King does like to play his word games (for reasons beyond me). I know I'm reaching though It just feels too soon. I knew it would happen, but hoped it would be further along.

I just hope it doesn't mess with Grayson any more than it has (still not happy to be losing an issue to RW).
    Last edited by HellHere; 12-02-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    While Robin: Son of Batman is also solicited, I WOULD like to see Damian take on the Nightwing name if Dick doesn't. I think Grayson has a few arcs left in it, so maybe it'll just leave an easy "out" for Dick to return to being Nightwing somehow. Like with Ultimate Thor's hammer ending up on Earth-616 is obviously leaving it possible (and even probable) that Odinson will use that hammer so Jane can keep the original Mjolnir.
    While Damian being Dick's successor makes the most sense, I think "Robin: Son of Batman" works for him for the time being. OTOH, Cassandra has really been in need of a better superhero identity ever since Stephanie took up the Batgirl mantle pre New 52. The character is beloved and her stepping into the Nightwing role would not just revitalize her but also the Bat-Family dynamics as a whole.

Always Rakzo

Yeah, it's not going to happen. Especially not now that Grayson is doing so well.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Of course it isn't happening. It's what the court wants. There are 5 more issues and many Robins to take the court down. Can't wait
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yeah, it's not going to happen. Especially not now that Grayson is doing so well.
    Yup. If anything, this is a bit of a salt-the-Earth. The villains want him to be Nightwing again! It's their evil, evil plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yup. If anything, this is a bit of a salt-the-Earth. The villains want him to be Nightwing again! It's their evil, evil plan.
    For once I hope the villains win....
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Not happening. Grayson is Grayson from now on. How nice to see King get to play around in Gotham. Hopefully, they give him, or him and Seeley, Detective next

Astonishing Member

odds are Cass or Damian will take the title; considering Batgirl and Grayson are selling too well, they want to make WAR a thing and Black Bat has the same problem Captain Marvel did title-wise

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    OTOH, Cassandra has really been in need of a better superhero identity ever since Stephanie took up the Batgirl mantle pre New 52. The character is beloved and her stepping into the Nightwing role would not just revitalize her but also the Bat-Family dynamics as a whole.
    While it's not a bad idea, it won't happen in Robin War. They just introduced her in Batman & Robin Eternal, and that series still has half the series to go. There's no way they'd alter her story midway through her first series in a completely separate series.

After Eternal ends? Yeah, I can see it. But Robin War will be far over by then, so I don't see it happening there.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It is Damian's time to leave the Robin mantle behind.

All-New Member

Robin War #1 was the best comicbook I've read in a long time. To be spesific...since the Purple Children issue of Waid's DD run
    I liked the meta commentary and how all the Robins had unique, interesting voices. King can teach Bendis a thing or two in that department...