Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PDX_Nightwing

First off I need to fix 2 errors in the article 1, Grayson is agent 37 not 13 and 2 he didn't "abandon" the nightwing title he had to leave it after being unmasked and killed in forever evil, Bruce told him to stay dead and so he did. For a bit until he went to see everyone from his past. MOVING FORWARD, I don't think Grayson will become nightwing again because the world thinks he's dead he can't go back to being nightwing, MAYBE Damian but Damian seems like the kind of person who wants their own title and own legacy he probably doesn't mind batman well because that's his father and as far as Damian's concerned he's not another Robin he's THE son of batman. if you guys haven't seen it yet there's a sneak peak at the beginning of issue #2 of Robin war where Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian are in a subway tunnel with A LOT of robins. Dick is telling them that they were besically gonna train them in everything they need. So with that in mind as well I don't think Damian or dick will take up nightwing.

Spectacular Member

Nightwing is just going to be used as the temptation of The Court of Owls for whatever the plan is for Dick Grayson on their side maybe just a leader of Talon' s nobody else will take this identity over this series, there was an intention for Harper Row before redirection of Nightwing\Grayson - thankfully that got binned maybe it's the intention again in B&R Eternal who knows, I hope it stays vacant till Dick Grayson takes it back personally

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

We all know Duke is destined for the Robin Mantle, so Damian is going to have to vacate it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    We all know Duke is destined for the Robin Mantle, so Damian is going to have to vacate it eventually.
    Duke makes no sense for Robin when Damian exists. He's older. It makes no sense to kick the young kid out of the role and into a new identity. Duke is the much more logical choice for a new hero identity.
    Especially when you consider how cruel it would be to strip Damian of the identity that is essentially his redemption. Bruce isn't that emotionally obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    Duke makes no sense for Robin when Damian exists. He's older. It makes no sense to kick the young kid out of the role and into a new identity. Duke is the much more logical choice for a new hero identity.
    Especially when you consider how cruel it would be to strip Damian of the identity that is essentially his redemption. Bruce isn't that emotionally obtuse.
    Duke has already been shown to become Robin in the Future's End one shot. We know that Duke is one of Snyder's pet characters. We know that Snyder doesn't like to write Damian, partially due to his age. We know Damian will eventually grow out of the Robin mantle and move on.

Damian doesn't need the Robin mantle any more, he's really moved beyond it. I can think of no better mantle for him to take than Nightwing, the mantle of his first real "good guy" mentor.

Plus, Nightwing, Son of Batman has a nice ring to it.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 12-02-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Incredible Member

Nightwing is Dick and is still son of Batman. Damian has no more reason to be Nightwing than Duke has to be Robin. FE was not a promise.
    Last edited by HellHere; 12-02-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Nightwing is Dick and is still son of Batman. Damian has no more reason to be Nightwing than Duke has to be Robin. FE was not a promise.
    Dick is Dick, he's moved beyond being Nightwing, just as he grew out of being Robin.

The Nightwing mantle will have to be filled eventually, just as every vacant mantle has been for decades.

Future's End may not have been a promise but DC definitely has been moving to make Duke a larger and larger part of Batman's world. It definitely feels like DC wants to make Duke the new Robin, eventually.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Duke was Robin in a Future's End issue. For that reason alone, I'm willing to bet he will never be Robin. If these were supposed to be futures that will never exist, I doubt they would put one of those plot threads in motion. Damian is going to be Robin for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Duke was Robin in a Future's End issue. For that reason alone, I'm willing to bet he will never be Robin. If these were supposed to be futures that will never exist, I doubt they would put one of those plot threads in motion. Damian is going to be Robin for a long time.
    Technically speaking, Carrie was supposed to be Robin right now, until DC got Miller to come back and pen another installment of the Dark Knight (which is why she was suddenly removed from Batman and Robin and her role in the Two-Face arc was completely removed).
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 12-02-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Technically speaking, Carrie was supposed to be Robin right now, until DC got Miller to come back and pen another installment of the Dark Knight (which is why she was suddenly removed from Batman and Robin and her role in the Two-Face arc was completely removed).
    The Nightwing mantle is filled. Dick is Nightwing. It just isn't a title right now.

Dick is Dick, he's moved beyond being Nightwing, just as he grew out of being Robin.

The Nightwing mantle will have to be filled eventually, just as every vacant mantle has been for decades.

Future's End may not have been a promise but DC definitely has been moving to make Duke a larger and larger part of Batman's world. It definitely feels like DC wants to make Duke the new Robin, eventually.
    Snyder may want to make him robin, but he isn't as popular as Damian and he doesn't have a good in universe reason for being handed the mantle when it is occupied by someone else. Future's End might have been a way too trial balloon the idea by DC, but alienate futures are too established in the public conciousness to expect things to play out as shown.

Technically speaking, that's not true at all. Why, because of that pull out cover in B&R? She was never going to be Robin, just part of the story that brought him back. And, thank god they scraped it, cause it was D U M B dumb!
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 12-02-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    Snyder may want to make him robin, but he isn't as popular as Damian and he doesn't have a good in universe reason for being handed the mantle when it is occupied by someone else. Future's End might have been a way too trial balloon the idea by DC, but alienate futures are too established in the public conciousness to expect things to play out as shown.
    Where has Snyder said he wants him to be Robin? Because he doesn't like writing Damian and Duke was a Robin in a fake future story? That's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Damian is not well suited for Nightwing in the same way Dick isn't well suited for Batman. They could both do exceptionally at the job and make their mentors proud, but their personalities aren't well suited for the identity. They are both happier filling other roles.
    Damian really is well suited to take over for his father as batman someday. He's a serious no joke personality with a burning need to be perfect at everything.
    That'd be a good au. I'd but it if DC made it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It would be bonkers to take Damian out of the role of Robin. That is the character and I don't see him wanting another title unless it was "Batman". Robin: Son of Batman sounds so cool.

Plus I'm hoping we will see him as the big screen ROBIN down the line.